Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

7 hours ago, Meath_Villan said:

I raise you people that can't make a Yorkshire pudding ....even tho the recipe is so simple !!!!

The hard thing about yorkshire puds is the hot oil and pouring it in the tray so quickly, last batch I made it wasn't hot enough

As for stevo, I made some "proper" roast potatoes for the wife last week, did the whole part boil bash them about heat the fat first thing and to be fair I nailed the crisp on the outside but all of that was wasted because if wasn't the best quality potato and dry on the inside, it's a massive faff for what it's worth, my gran can do perfect ones with half the effort 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

The hard thing about yorkshire puds is the hot oil and pouring it in the tray so quickly, last batch I made it wasn't hot enough

As for stevo, I made some "proper" roast potatoes for the wife last week, did the whole part boil bash them about heat the fat first thing and to be fair I nailed the crisp on the outside but all of that was wasted because if wasn't the best quality potato and dry on the inside, it's a massive faff for what it's worth, my gran can do perfect ones with half the effort 

You forgot to cook them from cold after they'd par-boiled. You didn't mention seasoning so I'm assuming you left them alone for 30 minutes without turning or seasoning them first? 

7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

You forgot to cook them from cold after they'd par-boiled. You didn't mention seasoning so I'm assuming you left them alone for 30 minutes without turning or seasoning them first? 

It was like a Tuesday night after work I ain't got time for that! 

Dunno at exactly what point but a bit of salt, pepper and paprika 

I do feel blessed.  My mother and my wife both make pretty much perfect roast potatoes most of the time. Yorkshire puddings too. 

For me I can fry up some pretty mean chips and microwave beans to a perfect temperature. A curry is as adventurous as I get. 

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

I do feel blessed.  My mother and my wife both make pretty much perfect roast potatoes most of the time. Yorkshire puddings too. 

For me I can fry up some pretty mean chips and microwave beans to a perfect temperature. A curry is as adventurous as I get. 

Why microwave beans and not do them on the hob? 

24 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Why microwave beans and not do them on the hob? 

Because you want them hotter than the surface of the sun and then enjoy waiting the 10 minutes for them to cool down 

Edit - worst burn I ever saw working at a chop shop was from the white pot cracking as a lady I worked with pulled it out of the microwave, you can imagine the shape of her thumb and index finger as she grabbed it, horrible burn all round there

Edited by villa4europe

35 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Because you want them hotter than the surface of the sun and then enjoy waiting the 10 minutes for them to cool down 

Edit - worst burn I ever saw working at a chop shop was from the white pot cracking as a lady I worked with pulled it out of the microwave, you can imagine the shape of her thumb and index finger as she grabbed it, horrible burn all round there

Worst burn I ever saw working in a chip shop was some absolute moron picking out a battered sausage with just the tongs and stupidly dipping their hand in the oil. I'll be honest it hurt like a b*tch. 

This is a somewhat weird game to play but I'm curious what are the worst burns other people saw whilst working in chip shops. 

I remember when I was young seeing a burn from someone who had bit into a spring roll that had just come out of the fryer. Boiling oil went down their index finger and basically the result was half their finger gone.

As a result I've never eaten a spring roll.

Worst burn I saw was quite a few years ago.A guy rode past on a motorcycle and the muffler/exhaust fell off.He stopped the bike streight away and ran over and picked it up.

Didnt take him long to put it back down again.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Came into a little extra cash via an expenses claim and bought a few albums. In all day during the week so can take receipt and my wife will not be any the wiser, oh this old thing, always had it. Anyway, decided to go out to a second hand record shop today (no order to it and in explicably approx 15 copies of bridge over troubled water, I didn't buy anything) whilst my wife was at the garden centre. Whilst out postman tried to deliver and it seems like I will be collecting from the PO tomorrow. Rumbled, and it might be worse if there is another attempted delivery tomorrow. (we have Sunday Postal service here). 

• Haha 3

I swear when I worked at McDonalds I developed asbestos hands. Used to burn them so regularly on the grills and toasters it barely bothered me in the end. 

11 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Came into a little extra cash via an expenses claim and bought a few albums. In all day during the week so can take receipt and my wife will not be any the wiser, oh this old thing, always had it. Anyway, decided to go out to a second hand record shop today (no order to it and in explicably approx 15 copies of bridge over troubled water, I didn't buy anything) whilst my wife was at the garden centre. Whilst out postman tried to deliver and it seems like I will be collecting from the PO tomorrow. Rumbled, and it might be worse if there is another attempted delivery tomorrow. (we have Sunday Postal service here). 

You are Mr Cuckold and I claim my £5 :)

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

It's the people that go on and on about how they make the best roasties and how you don't do it this way you do it that way and blah blah blah

nobody gives a ****. 

2 hours ago, Chindie said:

I remember when I was young seeing a burn from someone who had bit into a spring roll that had just come out of the fryer. Boiling oil went down their index finger and basically the result was half their finger gone.

As a result I've never eaten a spring roll.

Worst burn I ever got was mother's Day 2011 ...... Restaurant rocking ,board full!! Went to grab a tray from on top of the oven, half a confit duck was on it ....hot fat all down my arm it instantly melted the skin and blistered up ....had to finish the service and straight to A&E .....they just dressed the thing with whatever they use .....was on the annual holidays the next day ....some sight 🤣

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

It's the people that go on and on about how they make the best roasties and how you don't do it this way you do it that way and blah blah blah

nobody gives a ****. 

Ooohhh.  Someone can't make decent roast potatoes. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â