Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

51 minutes ago, chappy said:

New one since I’ve become a Dad. People who park in the parent and child spaces at the supermarket sans child.

We're all God's children. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

The bewildering selection of toothpastes in the supermarket. Just Colgate on it's own:

Anti tartar whitening, advanced white, max white crystals whitening, total clean, advanced white charcoal, deep clean whitening (with baking soda), max white expert, sensitive multi-protection, max white charcoal, max white luminous, triple action mint, max white enamel, maximum cavity protection (KW.jpg), max white ultimate, cool stripe white, total whitening, total active, max white sparkle diamonds, gum invigorate, total advanced pure breath, max white one whitening, total advanced deep clean, sensitive instant relief whitening, max white optic whitening, instant relief enamel repair, max white expert shine, max white expert complete whitening, plaque protection and finally **** original! 

I just one that makes my teeth look less shit! 

I only use Arm and Hammer baking soda. It's very low "foaming", and I really detest toothpaste spit. Hate it when you see it on telly. 

Looks like rabies. 

• Like 2

Ah, the long con. well played you scumbags. As if the free trip to Barbados in lockdown wasn't enough.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/captain-tom-foundation-charity-daughter-b2018320.html

A charity set up in the name of Captain Sir Tom Moore tried to appoint the fundraiser’s daughter as its CEO on a six-figure salary before a watchdog intervened to block the move, The Independent understands.

The Captain Tom Foundation – at the centre of a Charity Commission regulatory compliance case – found itself under scrutiny last week after accounts revealed it had paid thousands of pounds to firms run by the late veteran’s daughter and son-in-law.

Now The Independent has been told that part of the watchdog’s case related to a request from the foundation to appoint Hannah Ingram-Moore as its CEO on a salary worth about a tenth of its total first-year income.

It is understood that the charity – established in May 2020 after the former army officer raised £39m for NHS charities – wanted to pay her in the region of £150,000 for the role. The figure represents 13.68 per cent of the charity’s total first-year income.

It is understood that the proposal to hand her the role was made by trustees without a recruitment campaign or competition.

All makes sense why some old boy wandering up and down his garden had a PR agency now doesn't it? I wonder how much they coerced him.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Ah, the long con. well played you scumbags. As if the free trip to Barbados in lockdown wasn't enough.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/captain-tom-foundation-charity-daughter-b2018320.html

All makes sense why some old boy wandering up and down his garden had a PR agency now doesn't it? I wonder how much they coerced him.

I would imagine the number of 'charities' that manage to make people associated to the people in charge of it rather wealthy would be very large.

Not to say many charities are dodgy, or bad by any means  I just imagine there's a decent amount of money out there making people running or assisting them a decent wedge.

I always remember as a kid my Public School educated father getting incandescent, as angry as I've seen him, about my elder brothers Comprehensive school teacher using a split infinitive when marking his homework. 

I still don't fully understand what one is and I had literally zero understanding what he was raving about at the time. 

7 hours ago, sidcow said:

I always remember as a kid my Public School educated father getting incandescent, as angry as I've seen him, about my elder brothers Comprehensive school teacher using a split infinitive when marking his homework. 

I still don't fully understand what one is and I had literally zero understanding what he was raving about at the time. 

It's putting a word in between "to" and the verb, the classic example being Star Trek's famous "to boldly go". According to the 'rule', it should be "to go boldly", or even "boldly to go". 

In other news, ending a sentence with a preposition is something up with which I will not put. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Â