Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

23 minutes ago, Xela said:

In what way? She doesn't like him and he doesn't like her. Its the Nan on my Mom's side. 

They tolerate each other because of Mom. 

Sorry sarcasm didn’t flow, guessed it was the in-law, I was going to be the same.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sid4ever said:

Sorry sarcasm didn’t flow, guessed it was the in-law, I was going to be the same.

Sorry, this is me now. Tough day at work! 

GratefulParallelGalah-size_restricted.gi

2 minutes ago, Sid4ever said:

Bastard I hope your client book is empty and your pie wasn’t tasty. 😪

The exact opposite. 

Although not office bound this week due to too much work to do - better to stay at home. I'm easily distracted in the office by beer and pies. 

11 minutes ago, Xela said:

The exact opposite. 

Although not office bound this week due to too much work to do - better to stay at home. I'm easily distracted in the office by beer and pies

Lil bit of advice for you the next time you mention these pies again:

Pics or gtfo 😀

• Haha 1

Lock mechanism in the front door just failed. Refused to lock, I’ve had it in a thousand bits then back together again. Door now locked. It might not unlock in the morning but I’m not risking it not locking again tonight!

11 minutes ago, Genie said:

Lock mechanism in the front door just failed. Refused to lock, I’ve had it in a thousand bits then back together again. Door now locked. It might not unlock in the morning but I’m not risking it not locking again tonight!

There's a front door on your lantern? That's magic.

2 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

A half day 'external environment monitoring' and the talking points are the same as the last 10 years. Just leave me alone and let me do some work.

Pandemic is probably new to be fair.

You’d think employers would have got that message by now, yet it seems not a single employer gets it. It’s like they think we haven’t got enough to do, so they have to invent meaningless courses and workshops, which is really nothing but a control mechanism under the guise of ‘promoting  a culture of innovation and collaboration’ or some crap like that. 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Xela said:

My parents briefly discussed the possibility of moving my Nan in with them, Nan selling her house, then my folks selling theirs and using the combined money to buy a big place with a granny falt/annex etc. 

Dad soon dismissed it though as he couldn't stand the thought of living in the same county as her, let alone under the same roof for any period of time! :D 

I have to see the outlaws daily as they collect my son from school. I still work from home and they drive me $&$^$^#& potty. If anyone ever suggests one of them moving in then I will be going. I've already warned the missus

• Like 1

Work are suddenly discussing bringing everyone back into the office.

18 months of bullshit about office of the future and improved work life balance and embracing flexible working etc etc and all down the drain. Probably because some big dog walked into one of the offices and noticed there weren't many people there.

words removed

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Work are suddenly discussing bringing everyone back into the office.

18 months of bullshit about office of the future and improved work life balance and embracing flexible working etc etc and all down the drain. Probably because some big dog walked into one of the offices and noticed there weren't many people there.

words removed

I’ve experienced exactly the same as you. Sent home with computer kit 18 months ago and constantly advised that things will never be the same and this is the new way of working! Then couple of week ago, we’re now switching to hybrid working and you can have a maximum two days at home a week. This new move appears only temporary as well just to appease and fully expecting us to back in the office full time by Easter. 

The annoying thing is, work were/are getting more hours out of me when I’m at home because I don’t have the annoying commute to factor into my day. 

• Like 2

Double edged sword for me, wfh. No travelling, save on diesel, can fall out of bed and be logged on 2 mins before I am due to clock on. Not having to share toilet or kitchen facilities.

Drawbacks though; people go "hiding" when it hits the fan, blaming sudden emergencies like the babby won't go to sleep unless I read him a story or my vpn is "playing up". I am sure nothing I experienced is different to other VTers. I do miss the craic sometimes and of course sneakily letching at the new girl from HR who i have 30 years on, as she jiggles by, turning heads. She knows exactly what she's doing.

And I miss it 😢

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

There’s an office move at my place. Previously we had something like 90% desks for the team (some people were always out so there were some set down desks for them).

The plan was to move into a new part of the building, at 60% desks to team members. Latest draft of the plan is 40% desks to team.

No way we can go back (which I’m delighted about). Half a dozen days a month in the office suits me just fine. 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

There’s an office move at my place. Previously we had something like 90% desks for the team (some people were always out so there were some set down desks for them).

The plan was to move into a new part of the building, at 60% desks to team members. Latest draft of the plan is 40% desks to team.

No way we can go back (which I’m delighted about). Half a dozen days a month in the office suits me just fine. 

Yeah, shortly we're moving to a really smart new building that's just been built and moving in our already shared office, plus another Brum office and an office in Sutton Coldfield. They'll never have enough desks for everyone to be in, not by a long shot. 

Working on the 13th floor though 😱

Edited by sidcow
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, shortly we're moving to a really smart new building that's just been built and moving in our already shared office, plus another Brum office and an office in Sutton Coldfield. They'll never have enough desks for everyone to be in, not by a long shot. 

Working on the 13th floor though 😱

It looks great on paper so someone is getting a big bonus for selling off all these buildings and cancelling leases.

It remains to be seen if it works.

Edited by Genie

Â