Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

We used to have a lady work for us who moved from telesales to come to us as a proper new business producer. 

She  was like a machine, I've worked with dozens if not a hundred of more new business people down the years and she probably outsold them all combined. 

There was a guy who worked for us as a last local job before retirement who had once been at the very top of the industry. We were talking about how/why she was so good. 

His view was that she never took anything personally.  A lot of new business people are by nature a little aggressive and self confident.  When they get a knock back they can be a little put out even to the point of rudeness.  He said she was just relentlessly nice with them and would just go back again and again with a new angle, new suggestion with a big smile and pleasant demeanour about her. 

Unfortunately (for us) she left to start a family. 

Edited by sidcow

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Yeah, I said to my dad today it's a different kettle of fish when you have to haul yourself off to the office, but it's just too easy to to just switch on and start working. 

No preparing yourself is there. Getting up and leaving your horse you’re in work mode . Can imagine it being hard to get motivated at home, although some like Xela are more productive going by memory of what he said. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

We used to have a lady work for us who moved from telesales to come to us as a proper new business producer. 

She  was like a machine, I've worked with dozens if not a hundred of more new business people down the years and she probably outsold them all combined. 

There was a guy who worked for us as a last local job who had once been at the very top of the industry. We were talking about hkw/why she was so good. 

His view was that she never took anything personally.  A lot of new business people are by nature a little aggressive and self confident.  When they get a knock back they can be a little put out even to the point of rudeness.  He said she was just relentlessly nice with them and would just go back again and again with a new angle, new suggestion with  big tits and pleasant demeanour on her. 

Unfortunately (for us) she left to start a family. 

FTFY

Someone mentioned Brain fog on another thread. I've noticed I'm suffering a bit lately but didn't think it could be down to stress. Googling it, I didn't realise sitting in front of your computer screen is a big cause of it. Being I'm probably on my laptop 12 hours everyday, I certainly think this is the cause. it will have to change in the new year.

• Like 1

Y0bXFmw.png

Thanks Amazon. What the **** is that meant to say

34? 31? Then there's something else next to it, 24? **** knows, I've knocked on a few doors and can;t even find anyone called, probably, Matthew, nevermind someone with my parcel.

Amazon won't discuss a not yet delivered parcel until the 24th. See a problem with that? Useless words removed. 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

34? 31? Then there's something else next to it, 24? **** knows, I've knocked on a few doors and can;t even find anyone called, probably, Matthew, nevermind someone with my parcel.

Amazon won't discuss a not yet delivered parcel until the 24th. See a problem with that? Useless words removed. 

Not that it helps, but I see Mathew and a 34 as being the main markings on that. 

11 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

I've been suffering with this condition for about 4 years....2 years in my left foot ( eventually fixed with shockwave treatment) then for the last 2 years its been in my right foot and proving to be extremely stubborn this time. I'd be interested to know exactly what brand of insole you've been using.

I've had it for nearly 3 years now in my right foot. Well, started to get it diagnosed pre Covid but moved house and changed doctors and not tried again yet. As a postie it's pretty relentless on my feet, can manage it OK most shifts. I can barely walk on it first thing out of bed then afternoon and evening it varies in severity. 

I think I actually have had it for years but only flared up after big shifts at work (not a postie but on my feet still) and went away the next day. Where as now 2 weeks rest doesn't even help. 

2 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Matthew 10:34, ESV: "“Do not think that I have come to bring peace to the earth. I have not come to bring peace, but a sword." 

Did you order a sword? 

I always knew Mike was a religious zealot. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Davkaus said:

Y0bXFmw.png

Have you tried just walking up and down the road repeatedly shouting “Mathew!”

Might tempt the **** out?

10 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Have you tried just walking up and down the road repeatedly shouting “Mathew!”

Might tempt the **** out?

Don't do it holding a sword though as he may become a little reluctant. 

On 19/12/2021 at 17:47, Phil Silvers said:

Just noticed on the front of my Radio Times that it cost £5.25.

On 19/12/2021 at 18:48, sidcow said:

Well you probably have a unique one off publication there as I don't think anyone else in the UK will buy one. 

So sorry. Just halved the value of your collectors item as Mrs Sidcow has just walked through the door with a Radio Times 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Had pizza last night for the first time in ages. Don't eat it often and certainly don't eat it if I am away from home or going to be away from home. This is the origin story of me up since 3 shitting through the eye of a needle. 

• Sad 2

31 minutes ago, Eidolon said:

It’s so unremittingly sunny all the god damn time 🥵 I know a lot of people would kill for a bit if sun right now but I just do not like the heat 

You and my bloody mother would get along great :D

Complain all winter its grey, cold & miserable. 1st sunny day  - oooh, it's too hot.

That woman could be in paradise and it would be "all a bit too nice." (Off topic I know.)

• Haha 1

Related to heat, one thing that really pisses me off is people moaning that it’s too hot. Not you @Eidolon by the way, but those in the UK that endure the same dark, cold and wet 6 months or more of the year, then do nothing but complain when we get to 25°c in the summer. 

“I like it warm, but not this warm”

**** off to Iceland then! 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Eidolon said:

It’s so unremittingly sunny all the god damn time 🥵 I know a lot of people would kill for a bit if sun right now but I just do not like the heat 

Couldn’t think of anything worse being somewhere sunny this time of year. Just don’t get why some people go away of Xmas to get some sun. I love it when it’s cold and dark . Bit depressing in January, but you can’t have it all . 

• Like 2

Â