Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Next up - The "Fusion Pro Glide Challenge" TV advert. Oh how f**king annoying.

Amen to that. There are plenty of adverts on TV that annoy me, but this one takes the biscuit. Absolutely everything about it makes me want to tear my hair out, and I would love to punch that stupid clearing in the woods in the face so, so much. Who the **** runs (in the most annoying possible way) out of a van and into into a changing room (in which men are shaving?!) with an iPhone, whooping as he enters, and... I won't go on. I'm not just going to write a summary of the advert, just: AAARGH!

Lollipop Men/Women on zebra crossings and traffic lights.... There is a zebra crossing or traffic lights for a reason, i dont think people need help pressing the wait button
We've had this before.

My take on it is:

(1) Little kids may just run across without pressing the button

(2) Some motorists may ignore the light (or at least try to jump it)

lollipop lady 'retired' from the crossing outside our local school.

Two kids knocked down in the first week.

#

The lollypop lady taking revenge?

coming up with cracking one liners when no one is around.
aka l'esprit de l'escalier .

Oscar Wilde: "I wish I had said that"

J. M. Whistler: "You will, Oscar, you will."

I fell asleep during a 3 hour (three bastard hours!) speech by my departmental director. I swear, every fifth word was synergy.

I've been summoned to a meeting with my line manager first thing tomorrow. Bollocks.

I fell asleep during a 3 hour (three bastard hours!) speech by my departmental director. I swear, every fifth word was synergy.

I've been summoned to a meeting with my line manager first thing tomorrow. Bollocks.

Find some over-the-counter medication with drowsy side effects and blame it on that.

Love it.

Lollipop Men/Women on zebra crossings and traffic lights.... There is a zebra crossing or traffic lights for a reason, i dont think people need help pressing the wait button
We've had this before.

My take on it is:

I can't remember if I heard it here, but aren't you statistically most likely to be run over either side of a set of traffic lights?

Apparently drivers are concentrating on the colour of the lights so are less likely to spot people stepping out in front of them.

We've had this before.

My take on it is:

lollipop lady 'retired' from the crossing outside our local school.

Two kids knocked down in the first week.

#

The lollypop lady taking revenge?

could've been!

The local direct action neighbourhood gestapo type group arranged a protest photo opportunity with the local free paper and the local MP. The commotion distracted a white van driver who managed to shunt the car in front....now that must have been planned.

We've had this before.

My take on it is:

I can't remember if I heard it here, but aren't you statistically most likely to be run over either side of a set of traffic lights?

Apparently drivers are concentrating on the colour of the lights so are less likely to spot people stepping out in front of them.

Yes, that is true. The most dangerous place to cross is near (but not actually on) a pedestrian crossing.

I hate it when I know a song that would make a great football chant, but it's not famous so it will never happen.

There was a 70s/80s band called The Records who did a great song called "Insomnia" that would adapt nicely to "N'Zogbia". Sadly, it isn't even on YouTube.

Come on Mike, you need to get with the times :lol: I reckon if we're looking for recent songs that might work / rhyme with N'Zogbia then its gonna have to be "Disturbia" by Rhianna (sorry can't do a hotlink to a yoo choob video at work).

Come on Mike, you need to get with the times :lol: I reckon if we're looking for recent songs that might work / rhyme with N'Zogbia then its gonna have to be "Disturbia" by Rhianna (sorry can't do a hotlink to a yoo choob video at work).
Never heard of it. Modern music has no place in my head. :)

(Me? Get with the times? Ain't gonna happen lads).

Being banned from FB after uploading the photos from Malia.

There's like 4 bad ones in the whole album. Why would you go out of your way to report a photo? If you don't like it, don't look at it again.

:bang:

Haha, there was a fair few teabaggings whilst drunk and a few arses but nothing like horrific. Had to make a new account, and it's just an absolute ball ache.

Â