Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That companies manage to weasel their way out of me opting out from spam emails.

I seem to be constantly unsubscribing from newsletters and mailing lists. I'm sure I technically signed up to them when I joined whatever site it is they come from.

But I get some that I know for a fact I've unsubscribed from before, yet eventually I seem to be back on them.

I'm assuming there's some loophole that allows them to re-subscribe me to them every now and then.

Youdon't have a shuvitupyerarse@spam.com email address for such things?

Don't they say you should put the company's name as your middle name whenever signing up to anything.  That way you know who sold your info if you ever start receiving targetted spam.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

That companies manage to weasel their way out of me opting out from spam emails.

I seem to be constantly unsubscribing from newsletters and mailing lists. I'm sure I technically signed up to them when I joined whatever site it is they come from.

But I get some that I know for a fact I've unsubscribed from before, yet eventually I seem to be back on them.

I'm assuming there's some loophole that allows them to re-subscribe me to them every now and then.

It'd be illegal if they put you back on after you unsubscribed. 

3 minutes ago, DK82 said:

It'd be illegal if they put you back on after you unsubscribed. 

Try and prove you never signed up, though...

This is why I use my own domain name for my email address, with a unique address for every site I sign up for. I get spam sent to an address, and I know who the culprit is, and I can just block all mail to that address. 

32 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I enquired about signing up to a gym by my work about 3 years ago but changed my mind. I still get texts from them every week telling me about their latest offer. They put that 'please reply STOP' thing at the end of the messages which I've done loads of times, sometimes trying more colourful words than stop. 

The texts come from about 5 or 6 different phone numbers and they still keep coming. After speaking to somebody who goes there I'm 99% sure it's the staffs personal phone numbers and they're doing it to meet targets.

3 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

I enquired about signing up to a gym by my work about 3 years ago but changed my mind. I still get texts from them every week telling me about their latest offer. They put that 'please reply STOP' thing at the end of the messages which I've done loads of times, sometimes trying more colourful words than stop. 

The texts come from about 5 or 6 different phone numbers and they still keep coming. After speaking to somebody who goes there I'm 99% sure it's the staffs personal phone numbers and they're doing it to meet targets.

Report them to the ICO. Takes 2 minutes, and they'll probably shit themselves.

https://ico.org.uk/concerns/nuisance-calls-and-messages/spam-texts-and-nuisance-calls/

• Like 1

My Good mates son. A complete Arsehole. My mate is fine, his wife is fine, the daughter is fine, but the lad. Moans about everything. I'm sure if he won the lottery he'd moan about having nothing left to moan about. And he swears like a trooper. He is 14. and not really the sharpest tool in the box. Frequently I pick my mates kids and mine from school. Three of them get on fine but then there is this lad. A week ago it was a nice day, and I had time and I was in the right place, so I bought them all an ice cream. Today I picked them up I didn't have time wasn't going past a shop I was in a rush to make it. Three of them got in waiting for miserable git. A soon as he got in he said "got any ice creams" me "sorry didn't have a chance" him "Oh for f....ks sake it's boiling can't believe you wouldn't get any" 

Cheeky sod, If it wasn't my mates lad I'd slap him.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Youdon't have a shuvitupyerarse@spam.com email address for such things?

Oh I do for things that I know are definitely spam.

I'm talking about sites that I legitimately use, and want my correct email address for. Retail websites, CIMA, Netflix etc.
But in registering or purchasing from them you often seem to get added to their newsletter or whatever (even though I'm sure I always opt out when given the opportunity).

Then whenever I get these newsletters or promotional emails I make a point of always unsubscribing. Yet I'm 100% sure I end up back on their lists eventually. At least some of the companies.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Went out on Friday with work peeps.

Had a good night, got smashed.

However, it's only dawning on me today how drunk I was. Spent the whole weekend thinking I wasn't too bad, but turns out there's a load of stuff I don't remember!

Hate that.

I hope you behaved yourself?

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It makes me feel really guilty.

I showed a girl in the office a text I had from her on Friday and said "I have no memory of this". She laughed and told me what a state I was in!

She assures me I wasn't embarrassing or anything, and that I was just very drunk. But it still gives me that horrible guilty feeling.

It's definitely way drunker than I intend to get on a night out.

Thing is, it's absolutely my fault. I bought everyone shots and it all goes blurry after that.

I had to stop going out with work for a while as I kept getting too drunk. I never did anything too bad but what happens on a work night out becomes the office gossip the next week and I hate that. When you go out with your mates, what happens on the night out generally is forgotten about but with work it is never forgotten. 

2 hours ago, colhint said:

Cheeky sod, If it wasn't my mates lad I'd slap him.

Friend or not, I would have given him the bollocking of a lifetime. Arsehole

• Like 4

The notion that French women are good looking. I've had a 3 day evaluation and it's very meh. I did talk (in a professional manner, I'm behaving you see) to a real looker yesterday, turned out she was Dutch.

Edited by Tegis
speeeling

3 hours ago, Tegis said:

The notion that French women are good looking. I've had a 3 day evaluation and it's very meh. I did talk (in a professional manner, I've behaving you see) to a real looker yesterday, turned out she was Dutch.

Misogynist!!

#Allwomenaregoodlooking #beautynotjustskindeep #FeministsUniteAgainstThisSortOfThing

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Sid4ever said:

Yes the question on everyones mind that nobody dared ask :rolleyes:

I was being subtle. I could have said "did you nail that hot bird?" but I am a bit too polite for that ;)

• Like 1

Â