Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Anyone know much about dog behaviour? Our dog keeps peeing on our bed and sofa in her sleep, she will also now and again just jump on the bed and piss and get off. It's been like this on and off for a while but she's only just started doing it again after not doing it for a month. I know we should crate her and we used to do that but she pisses in that too and we haven't really got much room for a crate. So frustrating.

24 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Anyone know much about dog behaviour? Our dog keeps peeing on our bed and sofa 

Must take after its owners :P

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, Meath_Villan said:

Only in Ireland would we appeal a decision to get 13b in back taxes ......what a corrupt bunch of words removed ......but it's ok everyone was doing it

I guess they're playing the long game aren't they, the ruling might lead to a number of big emplyers leaving the country.

All I'll say is be careful who you're choosing to be angry with here.  Big bad Irish government protecting big bad Apple ... eh hang on.  This is nothing other than big bad Europe attempting to meddle in the affairs of a nation whose corporation tax they've long hated but not legally been able to go near.  They even admit the structure of Apple's decision is outside of the EU's remit.  So it's nothing to do with them.  Not only that, but the amount they've arrived at is also dependent upon the tax rates in the other countries that Apple have sold their products in.  How another country's tax rates have anything to do with Ireland's tax bill is another curiosity in this.  Basically this is nothing other than being the EU's latest desperate attempt to finally be able to meddle in our tax affairs.  They want an 'in' and if they get it they'll make a bollocks of us as they've been trying to do for years.

16 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Anyone know much about dog behaviour? Our dog keeps peeing on our bed and sofa in her sleep, she will also now and again just jump on the bed and piss and get off. It's been like this on and off for a while but she's only just started doing it again after not doing it for a month. I know we should crate her and we used to do that but she pisses in that too and we haven't really got much room for a crate. So frustrating.

Sounds like an age thing (no doubt you'll now tell me the dog is 3) when the bladder starts to go

watching come dine with me...(i know)

somewhere in scotland, a bloke decided to do an indian theme, lamb pasanda starter, tandori monkfish main...the other 4 people didnt like lamb, didnt like fish and didnt like spicy food...why go on the show if you dont like various foods? poor bloke who used 20+ spices and cooked everything from scratch is going to lose to a woman who made a beef stew

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

watching come dine with me...(i know)

somewhere in scotland, a bloke decided to do an indian theme, lamb pasanda starter, tandori monkfish main...the other 4 people didnt like lamb, didnt like fish and didnt like spicy food...why go on the show if you dont like various foods? poor bloke who used 20+ spices and cooked everything from scratch is going to lose to a woman who made a beef stew

...because they are all words removed.

• Like 1

Caught the top of my head on a scaffold bolt today and can honestly say it was pissing of blood to the point where it was just streaming down my face. Anyway went to the site office and the site manager said it needed a couple of stitches but in the end decided not to send me hospital to save on the paper work and to stop an enquiry from health & safety :D he asked if I was ok, I was although it bloody hurt and was in a bit of pain and said if I really need to go hospital to go but like he said he rather I never. I wasn't wearing my hard hat so it's my own fault but I couldn't believe what I was hearing.  I was ok in the end and would probably still be waiting at the hospital if I had gone.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

17 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if it makes you feel any better id have kicked you off site...

And you would have every right. No health and safety and this site we are on. I bet the scaffold on your site is shit for the roofers? 9/10 it's never right.

scaffolding is the bane of my existence, we never price it right at tender stage, the subbie never quotes it right, its a golden goose that we lose probably a 3rd of the value on pretty much every site

the site im on at the moment is probably the worst ive seen for health and safety in the 12 years ive been on site, like you say no one wants to report anything because it leads to paperwork, its usually tackled by throwing agency labourers at it, never works

Pricing scaffold is a big problem on sites. Scaffolders only do the amount of lifts that they price for and anything extra will cost and that's something the building company will not normally fork out for. So many contradictions on building sites.

I've spent weeks negotiating the temporary fixing points for a scaffold on a public facing grade 1 listed building. I've spent far too long on it for the fee, the planner and listed guys have said last week they were happy with the plans. I've told the national reputable contractor it'll get approval and he's told me not to stress, they did it over the weekend.

Scaffolding in Liverpool can also still be entertaining. There still appears to be an attitude of 'this is our town' you'll use our scaffolders and our security.

Â