Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Although someone might at least spare you a sausage

Totally different party.

It did cross my mind that someone would highlight that part of my post. I considered saying burger or banger. I went with sausage anyway.  B)

• Like 1

Hosting a BBQ and people turning up with no meat or beer and expecting me to provide for them. Piss off. 

Unless the invite specified, bring your own meat, I'd expect to be fed. You don't invite someone to dinner, and ask them to bring their own grub. I'd certainly bring some booze though. 

Yep.

It's perfectly acceptable to ask people to bring their own meat. But you need to specify it first

Hosting a BBQ and people turning up with no meat or beer and expecting me to provide for them. Piss off. 

Unless the invite specified, bring your own meat, I'd expect to be fed. You don't invite someone to dinner, and ask them to bring their own grub. I'd certainly bring some booze though. 

Yep.

It's perfectly acceptable to ask people to bring their own meat. But you need to specify it first

Personally, I'd probably clarify before hand, and ask if I need to bring meat. 

No meats should be accepted unless delivered in a chilled vehicle keeping the meat chilled at a temperature within a range of 0-5 Celsius..............Not saying you will give everyone food poisoning but always that one word removed who drinks too much and pukes the ring the next day and blames the food 

No meats should be accepted unless delivered in a chilled vehicle keeping the meat chilled at a temperature within a range of 0-5 Celsius..............Not saying you will give everyone food poisoning but always that one word removed who drinks too much and pukes the ring the next day and blames the food 

back everyone! back!

Dave's sausage is approaching room temperature

14.jpg

• Like 2

If I was asked to bring my own food when being invited to dinner I'd put the ps4 on and put my feet up instead. Never heard of that. If I was doing a bbq I'd get the stuff in.

As already said though, you can have a couple of my beers but anymore and you'll need to bring your own.

Edited by Ingram85

I wouldn't go out of my way to get the host some beers but I wouldn't be walking of there with any either, if I take 8 bottles and drink 5 then they're staying

Spirits have different rules too, I'll leave below a 3rd of a bottle but any more than that and I'd expect to be able to come and collect it another time, got in to the habit of drinking some different stuff so that I could do just that, rum, brandy, gin, people won't touch it, take a bottle of vodka to a party and you've got to expect someone to start helping themselves

The fact that Designer1 has completely rebuilt and remodelled himself like a real life photoshop over the last few years yet hasn't renamed himself Designer2, Designer1.1 or at the very least Designer1 v2 Final

• Like 1

Although someone might at least spare you a sausage

Totally different party.

It did cross my mind that someone would highlight that part of my post. I considered saying burger or banger. I went with sausage anyway. B)

With burger you always run the risk of hitting a double g by accident.

If I was asked to bring my own food when being invited to dinner I'd put the ps4 on and put my feet up instead. Never heard of that. If I was doing a bbq I'd get the stuff in.

As already said though, you can have a couple of my beers but anymore and you'll need to bring your own.

Dinner I'd agree.

But a BBQ is different. Bring your own meat is a pretty common approach.

I "hosted" a BBQ in May or April, can't remember.  But I got the food in and bought 3 crates for £20 and 2 bottles of wine.

So the cost of hosting it was probably about £50, maybe £60? 

Luckily for me, all the guests bought something alcohol related, but I told them the food was my responsibility.

People who don't bring things round are fine, but I'll probably moan at it to myself at some point "cheap buggers!" ;):D

• Like 2

I always thought taking meat and beer to a BBQ was a given. I wouldn't dream of turning up empty handed.

Unless specified I would assume rolls, cheese sides etc were already sorted.

Never take beer away with me however i do have some friends who would take their last 2 cans home (tight words removed)

I "hosted" a BBQ in May or April, can't remember.  But I got the food in and bought 3 crates for £20 and 2 bottles of wine.

So the cost of hosting it was probably about £50, maybe £60? 

Luckily for me, all the guests bought something alcohol related, but I told them the food was my responsibility.

People who don't bring things round are fine, but I'll probably moan at it to myself at some point "cheap buggers!" ;):D

I did a BBQ for cup final day. I'd guess that I probably spent £150 on food and drinks. Would never occur to me to invite people over to eat and expect them bring their own food. Drinks on the other hand, I'd fully expect to be contributed.

On the day, one of my 18 guests brought a carton of fruit juice (the cheap kind) and one person brought a box of chocolate orange segments, which he polished off all by himself.

I felt truly short-changed.

Â