Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The bloke two desks down from me who at 11.43am is eating his lunch - a cold donner kebab he bought last night.

Now after 10 pints on a Friday I like a kebab - perfect way to round off the evening but before 12, sober and cold in an open plan office it just looks and smells **** disgusting. 

He's already successfully triggered morning sickness in the pregnant lady that sits between us. 

He's a prick. 

• Like 1

Grapefruit.  Looks, smells and sounds like a delicious fruit.

But in reality it's minging, do people actually like food that bitter !?

Pink grapefruit is lovely, but I agree that normal run of the mill grapefruit is a very unpleasant thing.

The bloke two desks down from me who at 11.43am is eating his lunch - a cold donner kebab he bought last night.

Now after 10 pints on a Friday I like a kebab - perfect way to round off the evening but before 12, sober and cold in an open plan office it just looks and smells **** disgusting. 

He's already successfully triggered morning sickness in the pregnant lady that sits between us. 

He's a prick. 

Turned my stomach just reading that.

He's a prick.

Bit harsh, he's just eating his lunch? What's wrong with that? I'd be more annoyed at the lady vomiting because she doesn't like the smell.

He's a prick.

Bit harsh, he's just eating his lunch? What's wrong with that? I'd be more annoyed at the lady vomiting because she doesn't like the smell.
He could have **** off to the Café to eat it rather than poison the atmosphere of the entire floor.

He's a prick. 

This reminds me of the bad old days, not so long ago, when the Indians I worked with used to get told their food was revolting and were banished to eat their 'muck' away from the spam and Wonderloaf-chomping brummies. 

Lol, and pregnant ladies don't want to be sick.  Their sense of smell is incredibly strong during early pregnancy and even normal smells can leave them queasy, especially if they're suffering with morning sickness.

Don't worry, you learn when you're a bit older/wiser like me :);)

He's a prick.

He could have **** off to the Café to eat it rather than poison the atmosphere of the entire floor.

I admire a man that can stomach eating kebabs for lunch, however I agree he should do it away from his desk. Some of the women where I work are on these high protein diets and eat boiled eggs at their desk. They smell like farts!

• Like 1

LOL I love the new diets that come around every so often in the work place.  We have one lady who is a nightmare, constantly harping on about her new diet

It's all a load of bollox. 1000-1500 calories per day, plus some form of exercise for 6 weeks+ and you will lose weight.  Stop pretending you're not gorging out on cake when no one is looking !

• Like 1

LOL I love the new diets that come around every so often in the work place.  We have one lady who is a nightmare, constantly harping on about her new diet

It's all a load of bollox. 1000-1500 calories per day, plus some form of exercise for 6 weeks+ and you will lose weight.  Stop pretending you're not gorging out on cake when no one is looking !

Why would you assume that?

BT sending me an email telling me all the great things that I'm be able to watch on their sports channels that I have for free because I'm a BT customer. 

Half way down the email, in much smaller type - "oh, by the way, we're charging you for it this year".

You can have it removed from your account but have you ever tried to ring BT customer services and got anything achieved?

Is having stubble for an interview viewed as that bad?

I know I'm a bit late to the party but in my opinion, yes (assuming you are going for an office role)

I sport a beard most times but If I went for a job, it'd be clean shaven with a suit, white shirt and a solid colour tie. Old fashioned maybe? Perhaps. But the person interviewing you is probably going to be older and have that mindset as well. 

If someone told me not to eat a kebab at my desk, I'd tell them to do one. Smelly food or not, I always eat at my desk, as I can't be bothered to go to the staff room and have to make small talk with whoever might be in there.

Also, following the discussion around what and what not to wear at an interview. I work for a bank and a few months ago a guy came in for an interview wearing a bright coloured shirt (bright orange, I think), bright red shoes and yellow leopard print trousers. To make things worse, he asked if he could bring his mom into the interview as they'd both been shopping at the Bull Ring. Whoever interviewed him said no, and that his mom would have to wait outside. So she stood outside the building holding a couple of yellow selfridges bags (which actually matched her bright yellow jumpsuit) while he had the shortest interview that I've ever seen anyone have in our building.

It was probably 15 minutes long, at the most.

:D

He seemed like a character. I actually wish he'd got the job now!

• Like 1

Â