Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The state of Maine just passed a law that allows residents to carry concealed handguns without a permit. 

More proof that this state belongs somewhere south of Virginia. Total embarrassment. 

It was pushed through very discretely, so my hope is that when more and more people are aware of it, the impetus will exist to put it to a voter referendum in November.

Football atm, iam still depressed over how we performed in the FA cup final.

I talked so much before the game to evrybody around me, neighbours, people at the gym, at work and relatives about the game.

Villa are S**t in thier eyes, and i told them "you gonna see what we are made of in the final, with Benteke and delph we gonna beat them"

And we end up getting totally raped, and leaving me red faced..

I guess it's not that new but the craze where girls post selfies of themselves but only include half of their face or part of it.

Maybe they have greyscale?

RIm0DKO.gif

Posted a gif so a guaranteed like or two.

• Like 2

had the same convo in the pub yesterday with my mate and uncle. im telling my mate who loves the foo fighters how overrated and shit they are, my uncle is telling me how old and boring sabbath,zeppelin are and im telling my uncle who loves joy division how truly shit they are. i just dont get joy division and all the hype surrounding ian curtis.

Sunday night work blues  :(

Need to book a week off in June to recharge my batteries

i hate sunday nights too.

Erm...I had the same Foo Fighters convo at work last night. Spooky.

This regular bar customer I have at my new job is doing my head in. He's Mr. Big Shot in a very small town, originally from Miami and he loves Maine, so he's buying up property left and right. Any chance he gets he'll remind you of how many restaurants he's owned, that his good friend is the GM of the Miami Dolphins, he's got a fancy motorcycle, he bought some local guy a used truck (a very generous thing, but the type of thing you shouldn't go around touting, IMO). And you can't tell him a thing. He knows it already, you know the type. I left Boston to get away from pretentious words removed like him, god dammit.

Villa are S**t in thier eyes, and i told them "you gonna see what we are made of in the final, with Benteke and delph we gonna beat them"

why do people do this? Why do you want to create a "false  reality" (no idea what to call it) of whats likely going to happen. It just creates unrealistic/illogical viewpoints. Its pretty clear Arsenal were far far more likely going to beat us so why be like "see what we are made of, we gonna beat them"?

Just sounds like you made yourself depressed by having illogical POV of whats going to happen. Makes no sense to me at all.

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

why do people do this? Why do you want to create a "false  reality" (no idea what to call it) of whats likely going to happen. It just creates unrealistic/illogical viewpoints. Its pretty clear Arsenal were far far more likely going to beat us so why be like "see what we are made of, we gonna beat them"?

Just sounds like you made yourself depressed by having illogical POV of whats going to happen. Makes no sense to me at all.

Sounds like he was just hyped up for the game and was thinking if Villa played at their best, we could win. 

Edited by maqroll

I talked so much before the game to evrybody around me, neighbours, people at the gym, at work and relatives about the game.

At least you have people to talk to about Villa. If I say "Aston Villa" to someone around here, they will think it's a bottle of wine.

At least you have people to talk to about Villa. If I say "Aston Villa" to someone around here, they will think it's a bottle of wine.

After saturday that's a good thing!

• Like 1

This regular bar customer I have at my new job is doing my head in. He's Mr. Big Shot in a very small town, originally from Miami and he loves Maine, so he's buying up property left and right. Any chance he gets he'll remind you of how many restaurants he's owned, that his good friend is the GM of the Miami Dolphins, he's got a fancy motorcycle, he bought some local guy a used truck (a very generous thing, but the type of thing you shouldn't go around touting, IMO). And you can't tell him a thing. He knows it already, you know the type. I left Boston to get away from pretentious words removed like him, god dammit.

on the plus side, I believe you are now democratically obliged to shoot him

• Like 1

Where in Maine do you live?

You are seeing it as just another form of everyday consumption and missing all the essential religious elements which are entailed in being a proper football supporter.

The fans were on a pilgrimage and naturally every pilgrim sets out in the hope of miracles, whether to Wembley (Canterbury) or to Europe (Camino de Santiago).

The miracles rarely happen but that is not important, it is the travail of the journey which is the expression of faith and demonstrates the passion, which is all part of our sadomasochistic Christian tradition.

And then when they come home they talk of their suffering (disappointment and expenditure) and show their stigmata (the credit card bill), and in talking of their suffering they demonstrate their faith.

For those of us who just turned on the telly we must at least indulge in a bout of self-flagellation to show our faith and solidarity with the returning pilgrims. 

Paul McGrath looked down and saw that it was good.

• Like 4

First Great Western train doors.  Horrendously archaic.

Was watching a programme on the 'great age of rail transport' last night. I loved how you used to be able to open the doors yourself, at any time, by simply pushing down the window and operating the handle from the outside. Footage of people opening the doors and leaving the train whilst it's still pullinginto the station. The used to go on up until the late 80s/early 90s I think, before 'Heath and safety madness'. Ahhh, the good old days ... 

• Like 2

First Great Western train doors. Horrendously archaic.

Was watching a programme on the 'great age of rail transport' last night. I loved how you used to be able to open the doors yourself, at any time, by simply pushing down the window and operating the handle from the outside. Footage of people opening the doors and leaving the train whilst it's still pullinginto the station. The used to go on up until the late 80s/early 90s I think, before 'Heath and safety madness'. Ahhh, the good old days ...

Well FGW trains have those doors but without the ability to open whilst moving, there's an automatic latch that locks it. It's not the easiest task reaching the handle and getting the right leverage to open and move the door away. I can imagine someone with short arms would really struggle.

Everything is pissing me off today whether it should or shouldn't. I'm not sure if it is a belated FA cup blues or what, but trying my hardest not to snap at anyone. I'm probably working till midnight, so I'm not sure I'm going to last before biting someone's head off, who will no doubt probably be the least deserving of my temper.

• Like 1

Was watching a programme on the 'great age of rail transport' last night. I loved how you used to be able to open the doors yourself, at any time, by simply pushing down the window and operating the handle from the outside. Footage of people opening the doors and leaving the train whilst it's still pullinginto the station. The used to go on up until the late 80s/early 90s I think, before 'Heath and safety madness'. Ahhh, the good old days ...

Indeed - lots of those trains were still in use between Kiddy and Malvern at least until 1990 (though they had the modern Central trains with magic flashing buttons 'moving in on their territory').

Indeed - lots of those trains were still in use between Kiddy and Malvern at least until 1990 (though they had the modern Central trains with magic flashing buttons 'moving in on their territory').

Pretty sure they were in use out of Waterloo station into the late 90's at least. These days of course people can't possibly be relied on to know when not to jump out of a moving train.

• Like 1

First Great Western train doors. Horrendously archaic.

Was watching a programme on the 'great age of rail transport' last night. I loved how you used to be able to open the doors yourself, at any time, by simply pushing down the window and operating the handle from the outside. Footage of people opening the doors and leaving the train whilst it's still pullinginto the station. The used to go on up until the late 80s/early 90s I think, before 'Heath and safety madness'. Ahhh, the good old days ...

Pretty sure they were in use out of Waterloo station into the late 90's at least. These days of course people can't possibly be relied on to know when not to jump out of a moving train.

Yeah I used to commute into Waterloo every day in the late 90's and remember chasing a slam door down the platform many a time ... Could pretend you were Von Ryan and the platform master blowing his whistle at you repeatedly was a nazi soldier

• Like 1

Washing machines live longer with calgon.

But calgon costs £5 a box, and when you add up how much you will spend on them, you will spend enough in 5 years to buy another 2 washing machines.

Â