Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Using the initialism (not an acronym, that's another of my pet hates) is bad enough, but it's nothing compared to people who actually say them.

There's a dick in my office, who I've never seen laugh, but when he hears something funny, he says "roflmao" and smirks. I hate him.

Using the initialism (not an acronym, that's another of my pet hates) is bad enough, but it's nothing compared to people who actually say them.

There's a dick in my office, who I've never seen laugh, but when he hears something funny, he says "roflmao" and smirks. I hate him.

The wife and I were talking to the girls recently about jobs we've had, and she mentioned an IT job she had in the 1980s at Provident Management Services Limited - PMSL.

Cue much hilarity.

That one was true, but for some reason they didn't believe me about my job at ROFLMAO Industries. :)

"Oftentimes" is useful in poetry to get an extra syllable in while retaining the same meaning.

As I sit here, and oftentimes, I wish

I could be monarch of a desert land

I could devote and dedicate forever

To the truths we keep coming back and back to.

("The Black Cottage" - tsk, tsk Robert Frost - ending a sentence with a preposition).

As I mentioned about overtaking that limping girl the other day, out of guilt I thought I'd ask her how her leg is next time I saw her. I haven't seen her in a couple of days, I wonder if she contracted gangrene or something.

:L

What is that? Why is it everywhere online? What does it mean? Does it even have a meaning, is it code? What the **** is going on?

Bell's Palsy

When someone says/uses 'lmao' or any other gay acronym like that seriously.

This!

It happens a lot around my night job. I hear women saying 'LOL' and 'JK'>>>I want to punch them.

I've only heard "lol jk" used in an ironic manner.

A friend of mine loudly said "LOL!" The other day and it was all I could do to resist twatting the bloke.

I am known to say LOL and OMG, but only in a sarcastic way.

Like if someone tells me something that they think is amazing news, and it realkly isn't, I'll give them a sarcastic "o....m.....g"

I put this on this thread before but there's a small group of people that I know, not very well, on facebook, they're all friends with each other, and they ALL write PMSL, after everything.

"Just had some coco pops, PMSL"

Seriously, you're eating cereal and it has made you soil yourself from laughing so hard?

Like if someone tells me something that they think is amazing news, and it realkly isn't, I'll give them a sarcastic "o....m.....g"

I put this on this thread before but there's a small group of people that I know, not very well, on facebook, they're all friends with each other, and they ALL write PMSL, after everything.

Seriously, you're eating cereal and it has made you soil yourself from laughing so hard?

Only if they were coco poops. *childish snigger*

The word "oftentimes". Why? Just, why? How is it any different from "often", apart from making me want to stamp on the face of anyone who says it.
My Canadian lecturer always says it and yeah, it is annoying. Makes me think it does come from that part of the World though.

My kettle blowing up . I still have 2 other viable ways of boiling water , ie the hob and microwave so it shouldn't piss me off but still . ..

I drink a crazy amount of tea and coffee as well. :cry: :cry: :cry:

Maybe if you didn't drink so much caffeine you wouldn't get so agitated :)

PMSL

PMSL

ROFPMSL

Â