Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

What was the point in the new Tapatalk update.

I have new fonts and that's about it.

The threads look even bigger.

It seems to be running a lot quicker for me. Still not a very intuitive set up, but now that I'm used to it it's usable.

the phrase won the internet or won twitter, dont know what it means but its god damn annoying and overused at moment

Having won said internet a few times in my life I can only assume your post is out of jealousy  :P

My comment of Bloody Brummies coming down here stealing Eastern European jobs was meet with the sound of tumble weed blowing around the restaurant

I'm thinking I have to stop treating real life like I'm in Off Topic on VT

Or just choose cleverer/like-minded friends :)

My comment of Bloody Brummies coming down here stealing Eastern European jobs was meet with the sound of tumble weed blowing around the restaurant

I'm thinking I have to stop treating real life like I'm in Off Topic on VT

Or just choose cleverer/like-minded friends :)

Yeah, they sound like killjoy rocket polishers, TBH.

Perfectly acceptable gag, for most with half a brain/sense of humour.

Sausage, Sauerkraut, Beer,

EDIT oh and Strudel and Schnitzel - frikadelle rings a bell as well but that might just be the GCSE German escaping.

Edited by Eames

Average being used as a synonym for not very good

At least it is literally true though. Very good is at one end of the scale. Very bad is at the other end and average is neither of the two i.e. Average != Very good.

It isn't literally true. 'He is average'. How did you work that out? Did you measure the goodness of all the people, in this case footballers, and assign them a numerical value based on their goodness. An arbitrary very high number for the very best player and a very low number for the very worst player. And then you got the average of all of these numbers. And then designated a certain range in the middle, the average range, and all players within this range were average. Is that how we would work out who is average? What about a 'very average player'? Smaller range.

As a footballer starting every week at right back for a premier league team, as bad as they may be, I don't think Alan Hutton is an average footballer. Far from it. He is an exceptional footballer. One of the best footballers in the world.

It isn't literally true. 'He is average'. How did you work that out? Did you measure the goodness of all the people, in this case footballers, and assign them a numerical value based on their goodness. An arbitrary very high number for the very best player and a very low number for the very worst player. And then you got the average of all of these numbers. And then designated a certain range in the middle, the average range, and all players within this range were average. Is that how we would work out who is average? What about a 'very average player'? Smaller range.

As a footballer starting every week at right back for a premier league team, as bad as they may be, I don't think Alan Hutton is an average footballer. Far from it. He is an exceptional footballer. One of the best footballers in the world.

Then your issue is with how people come to that assessment/conclusion. That's different. I was only saying that on the basis that something is average, it is by definition not very good.

Then your issue is with how people come to that assessment/conclusion. That's different. I was only saying that on the basis that something is average, it is by definition not very good.

I'm just ranting incoherently. Leave me alone. I didn't ask for any of this

• Like 1

Â