Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I do everything possible to only take a crap if I can shower immediately after. No amount of wiping is enough to make me feel clean.

A lot of continentals think we're horrible for not having bidets and rightly so. You never feel clean until a proper wash after a plop.

Someone at work a few weeks back commented on how miserable I looked, almost to the point where I looked angry.

Still playing on my mind.

are you misreable at the moment though,or at that time were you? I think troon needs a cyber hug from his fellow VTers.

I'm certainly not miserable, going through the motions a little I guess.

There's nothing particularly exciting about life but I have to say if that's the worst I can say then it can't be that bad. Loads of people worse off eh?

Problem is, at the time she said it I was sitting normally doing my work. So I must be miserable and angry looking all the time? That's what's annoying me.

life can seem a struggle at times, but your alive and healthy bro. Sometimes I enjoy being misreable and if anyone tries cheering me up it pisses me off.

I do everything possible to only take a crap if I can shower immediately after. No amount of wiping is enough to make me feel clean.

A lot of continentals think we're horrible for not having bidets and rightly so. You never feel clean until a proper wash after a plop.
I don't give it much thought, I just wipe wipe wipe then when I think its clean I just pull up and carry on with the day.

Someone at work a few weeks back commented on how miserable I looked, almost to the point where I looked angry.

Still playing on my mind.

Cheer up you miserable sod! 

That 'Happiness' song by Pharell.  Just go away, go away and die, please, please, please.  I cannot take being passively exposed to it ten times a day anymore.  Arrrrgh!

I know, it's so awful. But people like this kind of crap, it's crazy.

That 'Happiness' song by Pharell.  Just go away, go away and die, please, please, please.  I cannot take being passively exposed to it ten times a day anymore.  Arrrrgh!

I know, it's so awful. But women like this kind of crap, it's crazy.

Fixed for you

Ah man I saw Pharrell live last week with Kanye, the stuff he was coming out with, my god, talking about how women are so  fantastic for being themselves and the like, kept saying it too.

The fact that for 3 weeks during the tour De France I have to attempt to avoid all media and social media from about 1pm until late evening, so that I don't hear the stage result for that day until the highlights have been on. It's not easy ...

Ah man I saw Pharrell live last week with Kanye, the stuff he was coming out with, my god, talking about how women are so  fantastic for being themselves and the like, kept saying it too.

He knows the best way to keep his target audience is to be sycophantic to them. Keeps the money rolling in!

• Like 1

The fact that for 3 weeks during the tour De France I have to attempt to avoid all media and social media from about 1pm until late evening, so that I don't hear the stage result for that day until the highlights have been on. It's not easy ...

Belgium TV remove Neighbours until the Tour is over.  I like to watch this when I get in from work,  (Margot Robbie has just left the program for example). I do not see the attraction in watching blokes on bikes sweat in a competition based in France.

I'm no big fan of cycling, but Christ, I'd rather watch 24 solid hours of the TdF than ten minutes of Neighbours (or any other **** soap).

• Like 3

I'm no big fan of cycling, but Christ, I'd rather watch 24 solid hours of the TdF than ten minutes of Neighbours (or any other **** soap).

Exaggeration never appears on VT which is nice  :D.  I tried to play Snooker once for 24 hours,  not happening. 

After driving home in Holland,  trust me you don't really want to think about anything of any worth,  19 minutes of something with English in after a day of Dutch bolox is just what i need.

Worked well for 15 years anyway :-)

Edited by Amsterdam_Neil_D

I was persuaded by somebody yesterday to change my routine for getting into London. My usual m.o. is to drive down the M4 to Hammersmith and park all day for £6 at the secure multi storey at the Westfield Shopping Centre. From there it's a 2 minute walk to the tube to the centre of town. This has worked perfectly, half a dozen times a month for the last couple of years. Every now and again there's a glitch on the motorway or A4, but during that hold up you are sat there listening to your own music, air con set where you want it and a pepsi in the chiller.

Yesterday, I was convinced to try something a little different. A hybrid of avoiding the £203 return fare to stand knee deep in other people's Burger King wrappers by driving down the M4 to Slough, parking at Slough and getting the train from there to Paddington.

Except yesterday, somebody died on the line and all trains out of Paddington were cancelled / delayed for 2 hours - and my car was in Slough. I know FGW and all the others can't do anything about a fatality on the line, I know it's just bad luck that I haven't used that train service in 2 years because it was always awful. But why did I change a system that I knew worked?

It'll be another 2 years before I catch a train again. I'm not even going to describe the stupid way they started the service back up, breweries and the inability to organise social gatherings spring to mind.

Schools fining parents for taking them on holidays during term time as it 'disrupts their education'.

This week at my sons school it was closed on Monday for teacher training even though their 7 week paid holiday starting in 2 weeks... and today they are on strike so closed again.

Putting education first... not.

• Like 1

Â