Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

words removed who wear earphones while driving 

Slightly better than people who use their mobile phone when driving! Makes me mad that does

convinced the missus to go to japan

programme on 5 last night about "the worlds busiest train station" shinjuku, we watched it as our hotel is next door to it, 24 hours in the station

1st part was about how the platforms are that busy theres a danger that people can get trampled, crushed, pushed down the stairs or on to the platform

2nd part was about how the drivers are under that much pressure that 10 years ago one of them went too fast and crashed

then something about japans growing problem of women being groped on the trains

then about the huge number of suicides of tokyo underground

then the terrorist attacks from years ago

then a typhoon hitting the station

then earthquakes

all with a dramatic voice over and dramatic music...

i think the godzilla attack got edited out

im sat there thinking what a load of bollocks, the missus is now of course terrified, damn you channel 5 and your awful programme 

I didn't see much of that when I went there. I would say, however that the trains and subway get ridiculously crowded, especially in peak times. Shinjuku, Harajuku etc are particularly bad.

They might be hands free phone or like me,  my car stereo stopped working last week so it's for the radio until I can buy a new one via Ipad.

People who stare at other drivers, that needs a new thread of it's own  :D

People using headphones while cycling are worse. 

True,  same as the no helmet thing.  Madness.  All vying to be a statistic in a road death document or a permanent drain on resources as someone will need to feed them.  words removed.

On a related theme, the number of women I see out running, on their own, after dark, wearing dark clothing, and with earphones in. 

Now I don't want to go down the 'contributory negligence/she was asking for it' route, but that is just damned stupid. 

The fact that I've been off this site for 2-3 years and it's still the exact same 20 threads on the front page.

Why not give it another three years and see if things are more to your taste then?

Seeing as most of the threads are between 4-7 years old, I doubt that'll be long enough.

The fact that I've been off this site for 2-3 years and it's still the exact same 20 threads on the front page.

Main forum, or Off Topic? 

Or make a new thread?

I sometimes wear headphones while driving, because I want to listen to podcasts on my ipod. My car doesn't have an aux input and I can't be faffing about with one of those radio transmitters.

Â