Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

:snip:

Why do you keep putting game in quotes?

But you've pretty much proved my point here. People play the game stupidly. It hasn't escalated into a game of dare, apart from a select minority who have chosen to play it that way. It has, in fact, evolved into "RAKnominations" (Random Acts of Kindness) for your information. I guess if someone tries to give food to a homeless person now and gets stabbed because that person is a psycho then we should ban that game too?

People drive stupidly, people cycle stupidly, people drink stupidly, people cross the road stupidly, people smoke stupidly, people hike stupidly, people rock climb stupidly, people skydive stupidly, people play sport stupidly, people **** juggle stupidly.

Any of these things can and do result in people dying because people do something stupid. Should we ban everyone who does these things normally from doing them normally just because one or two people were stupid and got themselves killed?

Your personal attack on Stefan is shameful by the way.

You have completely missed the point. The game as you see it is in fact no longer a game due to it's escalation and it has therefore grown into a lot more than a select minority.

I read your comments the first time on the poster but won't ignore it the second time. What is shameful is this.

Not only have you been proven ignorant of the current situation with your comment 'a select minority' but someone whose profession by its very essence is to look after and set an example to children has nevertheless condoned an act which has lead to a child's death.

You might wish to actually read this article below because you are far less well informed than you think you are.

http://www.irishpost.co.uk/news/familys-plea-following-gaa-players-neknomination-death

You haven't said anything here that you haven't already said, so my response remains the same.

Stefan's already answered your points regarding his profession and he's absolutely right.

He hasn't condoned an act that has led to someone's death in any way shape or form. That is simply you manipulating a situation to try and aportion some blame for the death to Stefan merely because of what he does for a living.

That IS shameful. In fact the more I think about it the more it annoys me that you've done that.

Edit: by the way, that link is broken.

BOF : Fixed link

Edit2: Cheers BOF.

I have absolutely no idea what that article adds to the discussion that we didn't already know. If that article was meant to prove that I wasn't as informed as I thought I was (Morpheus' words) then it's failed. I'd already read it and several others on the same incident and I don't see what part of it Morpheus is trying to highlight?

Also, it wasn't a child.

Edited by Stevo985

A car alarm on mt street has been going off for half an hour.

What's the point, if no one has responded within a few minutes they're not going to, alarms going off forever until they're disabled just shouldn't exist. It should be legal to put the tosser's window through.

If you're necking stuff that can kill you then that's your fault, not the game.

The game is to neck a pint. Not to do something that'll kill you. It's no more or less dangerous than any normal drinking game.

If the odd person takes it too far and does something stupid then that's their fault.

So you think something which encourages young people to video themselves drinking is a game. Fair enough we're all entitled to our opinion but as we've already seen something like this very quickly gets out of control when one wants to out do the other and that has resulted in a death.

Did you see the news last night where the family of the young lad that died pleaded for this craze to stop? Try telling them that its just a game and I suppose if any teachers agree with your above post what does that actually say about those who are employed to set an example to children.

Yes, it is a game. I'm not sure how else you'd describe it, even if you don't like it?

Drinking games aren't new. I have sympathy for the guys who died and their families. But I would say their death is way more to do with them being moronic about what they were drinking than the game. The game isn't to down pints of spirits or anything else that can kill you.

Blaming the game for their deaths is like blaming the inventor of the motorbike because someone died trying to jump the grand canyon on one.

Nice dig at Stefan at the end there. Classy.

The problem with your 'game' Stevo is that it has very quickly lost it's original identity and escalated into a dare scenario of 'chicken' all over the social networks whereby one party tries to outdo the other and it's that escalation that has finally caused someone's death.

One of the main social networks in Ireland has now banned your 'game' and not before time.

Why do you keep putting game in quotes?

But you've pretty much proved my point here. People play the game stupidly. It hasn't escalated into a game of dare, apart from a select minority who have chosen to play it that way. It has, in fact, evolved into "RAKnominations" (Random Acts of Kindness) for your information. I guess if someone tries to give food to a homeless person now and gets stabbed because that person is a psycho then we should ban that game too?

People drive stupidly, people cycle stupidly, people drink stupidly, people cross the road stupidly, people smoke stupidly, people hike stupidly, people rock climb stupidly, people skydive stupidly, people play sport stupidly, people **** juggle stupidly.

Any of these things can and do result in people dying because people do something stupid. Should we ban everyone who does these things normally from doing them normally just because one or two people were stupid and got themselves killed?

Your personal attack on Stefan is shameful by the way.

http://youtu.be/9ZqzLM7Dj9E

Mayonnaise!! I hate the shit.

Some beautiful sounding pre packed sandwiches in Asda that I could have for lunch. Chicken tika, BLT, chicken and pesto,ham salad all on beautiful brown bread. But they all have god damn mayo on them so cant eat it!

The non mayo sandwiches are just plain boring ham. Not even any salad. AND to top it off they have the CHEEK, the CHEEK to put it on the lamest,cheapest white bread they can find! Its that cheap, ducks wouldnt even eat it.So firstly I cant have salad, or get anything nice as a topping, I cant even have brown bread like the rest of the sarnies. **** MAYO!

• Like 1

Mayonnaise!! I hate the shit.

Some beautiful sounding pre packed sandwiches in Asda that I could have for lunch. Chicken tika, BLT, chicken and pesto,ham salad all on beautiful brown bread. But they all have god damn mayo on them so cant eat it!

The non mayo sandwiches are just plain boring ham. Not even any salad. AND to top it off they have the CHEEK, the CHEEK to put it on the lamest,cheapest white bread they can find! Its that cheap, ducks wouldnt even eat it.So firstly I cant have salad, or get anything nice as a topping, I cant even have brown bread like the rest of the sarnies. **** MAYO!

That's almost word for word what I have posted in the past.

Edit: **** it.

I have done how does this look?

*%* it ,

slightly less harsh don't you agree? and more like a man wearing a wonky pair of glasses

Looks more like a man with wonky nostrils to me.

Either way, I love it.

• Like 1

Kevin peterson, Keven Peterson, Kevin **** PETERSON

Who **** cares

I do ..cause now he gets to play for the Mighty Surrey next season instead of with a bunch of deadbeats at England

Last comment but I'd like to echo ben's sentiments that I'm appalled by this.

I wasn't even involved in the debate. I got dragged into it because I liked a post.

To get my professionalism and my suitability for the job I love called into question, without even getting involved in the debate initially is really sad.

And the death of a child? What? He was 19. Manipulated the point that I'm not responsible enough for 6/7 year olds because I partook (sensibly and privately) in a game that killed a 19 year old.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Â