AVTV: General chat

ciggiesnbeer

They do not stream PL games, they rarely stream cup games more often it is audio. During the season they do show PL game highlights and do live audio commentary (usually with someone good like ken mcnaught or other ex players) and post match interviews, oh they also show in full Lamberts press conferences which is probably the best thing they do.

It is a shame because the thing could be so much better. A reliable service, show full games after instead of highlights and more football focused questions from Jack and it could be great. Sadly they dont really seem to care about improving things.

I complained and got a free month and just logged in and in subscribed till late October so they must have added another month again on top of the free month- wanted it mainly to watch the friendlies but lets hope we can get decent coverage tonight .

I'm not sure if you're criticsing villa for not showing pl and cup games or just pointing it out but they arent allowed to do it even if they wanted too.

I notice Chelsea , Man U and Liverpool show their games in full after they have been played( not live).

I don't know if they pay more for the privilege but i would think villa maybe could show games in full on the website the following day if they have the same broadcast rights as those other clubs.

• Like 1

I'm not sure if you're criticsing villa for not showing pl and cup games or just pointing it out but they arent allowed to do it even if they wanted too.

I notice Chelsea , Man U and Liverpool show their games in full after they have been played( not live).

I don't know if they pay more for the privilege but i would think villa maybe could show games in full on the website the following day if they have the same broadcast rights as those other clubs.

Yup. It seems such a simple thing to do. They already waste their time editing it down. Just put the whole thing up. It is no coincidence those clubs also have growing foreign support. It is a huge hassle to try and watch Villa games in some countries. The club just reshowing our games like other clubs do would be a massive boost.

They do not stream PL games, they rarely stream cup games more often it is audio. During the season they do show PL game highlights and do live audio commentary (usually with someone good like ken mcnaught or other ex players) and post match interviews, oh they also show in full Lamberts press conferences which is probably the best thing they do.

It is a shame because the thing could be so much better. A reliable service, show full games after instead of highlights and more football focused questions from Jack and it could be great. Sadly they dont really seem to care about improving things.

Cheers for the info. I'm debating whether to hang on to the service after the season starts. Doesn't sound like it's worth it for me at this time. But I'm glad to be able to see the friendlies, even if the streams drops occasionally. Hope to see all 90 minutes for Crewe today.

I think he was just answering my question asking if PL or cup games get streamed live.

• Like 1

Not sure, definitely be a game changer for me though, i'd be happy to subscribe all year round if they showed full games.

• Like 1

No not criticising on that, I know there is a rights issue. I think there is a 24 hour waiting period before they can put up PL games video.

Cool was just checking, ive seen clubs criticized for it without them realizing they arent allowed to do it :)

• Like 1

I never even complained and I got an e-mail telling me I'm getting a free month. The least they could do is be consistent, I think. Check your spam folder, maybe your e-mail offering the free month got trashed accidentally.

I don't think I got the email. I was checking the junk folder regularly for another email I was waiting for. But if I did manage to miss it, it's permanently deleted by now. My subscription hasn't been extended either, or did you get a promotional code for the free month?

Does anyone else have the occasional problem of the video just continuously loading, meaning you have to restart your computer to make it work? Wastes my time to no end.

Have you tried just logging out and logging back in?

That's always fixed it for me. 

Thanks I'll try that next time

The picture wasnt as clear as I would like but was decent enough and the commentary was decent tonight. The commentary will probably return to being shit if we lose the next game :P . Its a lot easier to listen to Jack when we are winning...

I never even complained and I got an e-mail telling me I'm getting a free month. The least they could do is be consistent, I think. Check your spam folder, maybe your e-mail offering the free month got trashed accidentally.

I don't think I got the email. I was checking the junk folder regularly for another email I was waiting for. But if I did manage to miss it, it's permanently deleted by now. My subscription hasn't been extended either, or did you get a promotional code for the free month?

No promotional code. The e-mail says: "To apologise for the issue, we have arranged for a free month to be added to your AVTV subscription. This will be added to the end of your existing subscription and you do not need to do anything further." I got the e-mail on July 23rd, and it promises me that everything's going to be hunky-dory for the Luton match (which, as we know, also suffered from tech problems).

The feed today was perfect, though. Much improved.

Sadly they dont really seem to care about improving things.

I remember the General being taken to task on here many years ago about AVTV. Nothing seems to have changed with it. It's been about 4-5 years since I was a subscriber to it. Poor commentary with little idea what goes on in the games, many broadcast failures, you're better off reading live text updates or the match thread for a better idea of whats going on! The General's reply to the complaints about poor commentry? "He seems like a nice guy"(probably their thinking with Alex McCleish too! :P). Never renewed my subscribtion after that season, I knew they were happy with the substandard service.

So did they put up the full game or just highlights for the most recent game?

So far, it's just a "goals" video. I'm sure they'll put up a video of the highlights later. 

But I doubt they'll put up the full game, which is a pity, would've liked to have seen all the play.

Oh dear....

Just watched 'the making of Ron Vlaar' video on AVTV.

The questions Jack was asking Ron's sister and mother were just cringe-worthy.

"So, what did you do in the evening at home with Ron, did you watch TV?" Ron's sister just looked at him the same way Lambert looked at him when he asked him about the weather, as if to say 'er, what has this to do with anything?'

• Like 2

Â