Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think SWP will be for sale TBH but if he is then I expect we'll go for him. I sort of feel that we need a right winger because Ashley Young prefers, and therefore may well prove to be more effective, playing on the left.

SWP would be great...he is class...and yet not shown his full potential!

I agree and that is because he wasn't getting his chance at chelsea. However he did start playing a bit more towards the end of last season and picked up some form so it shows he still has it and would be a great asset to us where he would play regularly.

I don't think SWP will be for sale TBH but if he is then I expect we'll go for him. I sort of feel that we need a right winger because Ashley Young prefers, and therefore may well prove to be more effective, playing on the left.

I think that's MON's dream/great vision for the villa, to have two pacey wingers that can pose all sorts of problems to the opposition, it would make for a great team! If he is available we will be in for him no doubt!

I would be happy with NRC, a decent player who, needs to change clubs. England U21 captain, wanted last summer by Arsenal and Man U, he WILL flourish under MON no question.

Agree he is not Mr Creative, but he will get up and down all day, great engine and a fine prospect.

Is 8m too much? Maybe.

Do we have to worry about that anymore? Nope.

I agree and that is because he wasn't getting his chance at chelsea. However he did start playing a bit more towards the end of last season and picked up some form so it shows he still has it and would be a great asset to us where he would play regularly.

I agree there, but that might be why Chelsea won't sell him.

was watching sky sports news earlier. lots of transfer rumours but none featuring us :(

i think a massive cash explosion is about to happen though as west ham are lining up BIG bids for everyone it seems. and newcastle will be the same when their takeover happens

I would be happy with NRC, a decent player who, needs to change clubs. England U21 captain, wanted last summer by Arsenal and Man U, he WILL flourish under MON no question.

Agree he is not Mr Creative, but he will get up and down all day, great engine and a fine prospect.

Is 8m too much? Maybe.

Do we have to worry about that anymore? Nope.

I see it being nearer £6m, either way it will be undisclosed like Parkers. West Ham want to let on that they are improving and it wouldn't look like they were improving much if they sold someone for £8m and bought someone for £8.5m that is 4 years older.

I agree there, but that might be why Chelsea won't sell him.

Depends on what Chelsea do, I reckon. I mean, he only played so much really as they had injury issues. Seems to me that if he wants regular first team football he needs to move on. However, I don't think he should have ever moved to Chelsea in the first place, so he'll probably stay.

i'd put my money on SWP ending up at West Ham for around 10-12m, which would be fine by me. i think he's massively overated

now Bent on the otherhand, i'd pay up to 15m to snap him up. a 100% proven premiership goalscorer

totally agree pamparius. SWP is not worth the money and money does seem to be his motivation. He is very overhyped and incosistent

£8m for Reo-Coker would make me happy. A ver good player, England U21 captain, sought after by some of the best teams before he was made a scapegoat by Wet Spam. Also, he has something to prove and I think he would be very well motivated

8m for a 22 year old midfield engine who has captained at club level at both Spammers and Dons, and at Under21 level is I think, a snip. We paid 9.65m for Ashley Young who hasn't even half the experience as NRC.

I think he's a cracking player, and, IF as I hope he signs, he will be AWESOME for us under MON!

I think for the last year every time someone mentions SWP I always point out his inability to retain and regain possession on a bad day and instead suggest Milner. 90% of the player with none of the drawbacks of being lightweight or inconsistent, far more of a team player and can switch flanks. Cheaper too....oh and younger....in fact it isnt really an argument imo.

Come home Jimmy!

I think the majority of Villa fans including myself would be delighted if we signed NRC but although I like to keep positive im not seeing any sort of indication from the player that he wants to come to villa. It seems like his heart is set on Newcastle or a champions League team. I hope I'm wrong.

I think for the last year every time someone mentions SWP I always point out his inability to retain and regain possession on a bad day and instead suggest Milner. 90% of the player with none of the drawbacks of being lightweight or inconsistent, far more of a team player and can switch flanks. Cheaper too....oh and younger....in fact it isnt really an argument imo.

Come home Jimmy!

Would love milner at the club but i can't see big sam letting him go.Milner was their best player last season.

I think the majority of Villa fans including myself would be delighted if we signed NRC but although I like to keep positive im not seeing any sort of indication from the player that he wants to come to villa. It seems like his heart is set on Newcastle or a champions League team. I hope I'm wrong.

Well Newcastle seem to want Barton, Liverpool will go for bigger stars if anyone in the CM role, Arsenal have enough youth coming through, Man U have just spent 51 million on their midfield and Chelsea cant afford anyone plus have just added Sidwell.

But if his heart really isnt in it then he should not bother and his career will stagnate at West Ham.