Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

GENERAL Charles Krulak has assured fans today top quality players will be joining .The report in ic birmingham is that NRC wont be joining till after euro u21's if will we want him.Looks like were gonna have to wait a little longer lads

Looks suspiciously like quotes from our Generals thread :)

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A group of us were in Amsterdam & Rotterdam last weekend (25 years to the day) and watched the Ajax v AZ game. I mentioned Klaas-Jan Huntelaar & Wesley Sneijder to a couple of their fans in a bar. They seemed to think Wes was a done deal to Valencia but I mentioned that as far as I knew they had yet to agree a price. As far as Huntelaar was concerned they seemed to think he was destined for a big foreign club. When I suggested that we could be that big club it was clear that news of Randy's revolution had yet to hit Amsterdam.

Time for a quick 20m bid for the pair to show that we are now players at the top end of the market, after all if you don't ask you don't get? :winkold:

Sunderland are going to bid £2m for Paul Scholes, now that would be a great signing for us. He was absolutely magnificent this season.

Why on EARTH would Man U sell him for that, and even if they did, can you really see him fancying a relegation battle with Sunderland?

Sunderland are going to bid £2m for Paul Scholes, now that would be a great signing for us. He was absolutely magnificent this season.

Why on EARTH would Man U sell him for that, and even if they did, can you really see him fancying a relegation battle with Sunderland?

errmmmm Roy Keane perhaps?

A group of us were in Amsterdam & Rotterdam last weekend (25 years to the day) and watched the Ajax v AZ game. I mentioned Klaas-Jan Huntelaar & Wesley Sneijder

i'd love the pair of em. but to be honest, i just can't see either of em wanting to come to Villa as we stand now. maybe in a few years time if we can get into Europe and raise our profile again. but not now

Guest VillaFan1

I,d be ecstastic at NRC joining us as i think hes good quality especially if we end up paying 8 - 10m for me its a snip to.

SWP on the other hand is to small and doesnt have enough strength adn easily pushed off the ball.

Only reason chelsea signed him was because he didnt want united or anyone else getting him.

I reckon NRC and someone like Van Der Vaart or Sjneider would go down a treat to.

I dunno i guess we,l soon see what happens at VP and who comes in but whether its top quality we,l have to see for ourselves. :D

Only reason chelsea signed him was because he didnt want united or anyone else getting him.

So if he aint any good, then why would Chelsea give a shit where he goes?

I've seen two links for Philippe Lahm now. What a signing that would be but isn't he a left back?

I think he's equally adept at left and right full-back. Where do these links come from though? Reputable sources? I still think players like Lahm may be a step too far for us at the moment.

I've seen two links for Philippe Lahm now. What a signing that would be but isn't he a left back?

Yes, but he is predominantly right footed IIRC. I'm sure if we were to sign him (a big IF) the he could easily switch to right back.

Premiership new boys Derby County, look set to make an offer for Hearts captain Craig Gordon.

The Scottish daily express are claiming that Derby boss Billy Davies is hoping to make the for the Scottish keeper.

Derby will join the likes of Aston Villa and Arsenal who have both been recently linked with a move for the highly rated goalkeeper. However, hearts coach, Stephen frail has slapped a £10 million price tag on the goalkeeper's head, which although would not deter Aston Villa or Arsenal, it may be too far for Derby County to handle

10 mill for a keeper is a lot and i feel that that kind of money can be better spent on other outfield positions(Sneijder,Van der vaart,....etc).On Lahm,I think he might be a tad out of reach for us at the moment.He usually plays at LB but is right footed and in the world cup he scored with his right foot.He's good at bringing the ball forward and loves to cut inside when deployed on the left side.I've never seen him play RB but some people have seen him play there and they say he's decent in that position as well.It would be a massive coup if MON gets him and it would make people start to sit up and take notice of the villa.