Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Ridge to Derby for £2m, as per the Mirror

DERBY boss Billy Davies hopes to start strengthening his side for the Premiership with the signing of Aston Villa centre-back Liam Ridgewell.

The England Under-21 international signed a three-year deal at Villa Park in October 2005, but Martin O'Neill will sell for around £2million.

Ridgewell will partner fellow blossoming 22-year-old Dean Leacock - and fits the Rams' profile of a hungry, young player eager to push on.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here are today's gems from SkySports' Your View

Aston Villa WILL sign ferderico Chaves Guedes a striker from Lyon said to be worth around 8-9 million.

Simon flintoff - Redditch

To all BOLTON fans......sorry if this is old news, but GAVIN MCANN has been in talks with you all week.....100% true, watch this space.

Michael O'Rourke - BLACKPOOL

I have it on good authority that Villa have agreed a £8M deal with Bayern Munich for Phillipe Lahm, and they are also signing Wesley Sneijder from Ajax for £8.5M. Villa are also in talks with Darren Bent for a £10.7M deal.

R Lerner - Birmingham

My uncle is an estate agent and was showing Wesley Sneijder houses in Birmingham. He says 10.5 mill move to Villa. Great buy!

Dean Weldon - Lichfield, Staffs

A relative of mine works at Villa Park and he says he saw Bellamy and Matt Taylor getting out of a car with Martin O'Neill and he also says that they are close to completing a deal with Man City for Joey Barton.

dan tedd - walsall

It's always good to see the old estate agent one resufacing! :lol:

Aston Villa WILL sign ferderico Chaves Guedes a striker from Lyon said to be worth around 8-9 million.

Simon flintoff - Redditch

the next is off the OS message board who has posted 200 times in his time

Hello everyone, ive got some news. The source is VERY reliable source.

We are very close to signing brazilian striker Frederico Chaves Guedes from Lyon for 9 million.

A member of my family works at Bodymoor (thats all i can say)

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!

(more info when i find out!!!)

And earlier on wikipedia it said he was rumoured to join us for £15m. None of this is very reliable but i would wet myself if we signed Fred

Ridge to Derby for £2m, as per the Mirror

DERBY boss Billy Davies hopes to start strengthening his side for the Premiership with the signing of Aston Villa centre-back Liam Ridgewell.

The England Under-21 international signed a three-year deal at Villa Park in October 2005, but Martin O'Neill will sell for around £2million.

Ridgewell will partner fellow blossoming 22-year-old Dean Leacock - and fits the Rams' profile of a hungry, young player eager to push on.

Top defender coming in........... or Bramble????

Does this add any credence to the Micah Richards rumours, isn't he supposed to become a versatile centre half/ full back?

in my opinion reo coker is easily worth 8m if this is the price, look at it this way, if he was one of our young midfield generals we would be saying he is worth at least that, and for good english u21 captain talent 8 m to me doesnt seem to be an unreasonable price. this is not football manager where when someone is transfer listed you can bid half the price and its accepted.

also MON on holiday would explain why we havent signed anyone yet, or heard much noise.

We perhaps are after Richards but nothing will happen till after their takeover and new manager appointment. With new money and new manager who will probably want Richards he will be difficult to get.

Teamtalk talk crap

The Premiership newcomers are confident the 24-year-old will put pen to paper despite competition from Aston Villa, Everton, Sunderland and West Ham.

It will be manager Steve Bruce's second summer signing after Arsenal midfielder Fabrice Muamba moved to St Andrews on a permanent after a successful loan spell.

The Parnaby deal is expected to be completed in the next 24 hours.

Former England Under-21 international Parnaby helped Boro to reach the UEFA Cup final 12 months ago.

He was first-choice right-back at the beginning of last season but struggled to command a regular first-team place during the second half of the campaign.

Now Parnaby, who can also play at centre-half and in midfield, is looking for a fresh challenge away from Teeside after rejecting a new contract.

Parnaby, whose father Dave is in charge of the Boro Academy, made a total of 127 first-team appearances for the club, scoring four goals, after progressing through the youth system.

He fits Bruce's criteria of being experienced but still young and with a hunger to prove himself all over again at Blues.

As if we would want a guy who is not good enough for Boro in our side

whats this Fred like then?

i know he seems to score goals for fun...but what are his attributes?

can he head?, is he strong?,pacy?,does he dive?,has he got skills?,fox in the box?

ive rarely seen him play

Somebody get me inside his head

can he head?, is he strong?,pacy?,does he dive?,has he got skills?,fox in the box?

ive rarely seen him play

French guy in my office says he's blows a bit hot and cold.... Saying that, supposedly Carew had a bad attitude - but he's become a Holte End hero after 1/2 season

ive rarely seen him play

Fred seems to be pretty good. Big, strong and fast.

He certainly has a few skills to. I personally feel he holds the ball too long sometimes, which doesn't really work in premiership football, but I'm sure the right people will realise that to, and hopefully do something about that.

Last season was a very consistent one for him, which is a good sign. You know how it its with these Brazilian strikers, a bit erratic sometimes.

One thing concerns me is that the kind of defence he'll be up against in the premiership is a couple of knotches up from the french league.