Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Just can't see the point of youtube videos of players.

The worst player in the world can be made to look good with a compilation video.

true it doesnt give the whole picture

but lets face it...its the quickest way to see what a player has the potential to do....

its not ideal....but its gonna be used on these threads all the time

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From fairly reliable irish football website

Aston Villa manager Martin O’Neill is reportedly interesting in pinching Irish full back Steve Finnan from Liverpool.

Finnan is on the verge of agreeing a new contract at Anfield after helping the Reds to last week’s Uefa Champions League final.

However, manager Rafa Benitez has already signed a potential replacement for the 31-year-old defender in the shape of Alvaro Arbeloa - and rumours continue to link the Spaniard with a big-money move for Sevilla’s brilliant Brazilian Daniel Alves.

And that has prompted O’Neill to intervene with an offer to take the former Fulham star to Villa Park.

Thursday’s Irish Sun reports that the Villa chief is willing to splash out €3.8m, or approximately St£2.5m, to land the Irish star this summer.

He is something special...

That was a special goal, but let's not ever buy a keeper from the french league, cos on most of the videos put up so far, they look like a bag of spanners.

From fairly reliable irish football website

Aston Villa manager Martin O’Neill is reportedly interesting in pinching Irish full back Steve Finnan from Liverpool.

Finnan is on the verge of agreeing a new contract at Anfield after helping the Reds to last week’s Uefa Champions League final.

However, manager Rafa Benitez has already signed a potential replacement for the 31-year-old defender in the shape of Alvaro Arbeloa - and rumours continue to link the Spaniard with a big-money move for Sevilla’s brilliant Brazilian Daniel Alves.

And that has prompted O’Neill to intervene with an offer to take the former Fulham star to Villa Park.

Thursday’s Irish Sun reports that the Villa chief is willing to splash out €3.8m, or approximately St£2.5m, to land the Irish star this summer.

i think this was posted a few pages back...

but finnan would be a great signing....

ive sung his praises to my liverpool supporting mate all season.....

a real coup that would be.......

didnt realize he was 31

He is something special...

That was a special goal, but let's not ever buy a keeper from the french league, cos on most of the videos put up so far, they look like a bag of spanners.

That is not true...

France has a load of very good goalkeepers and one that comes to mind is Landreu. Barthez wasnt that bad when he was in his peak. It is quite unfair to judge goalies on Youtube vids that is made to give credit to strikers... :winkold:

Has all these rumours about Fred come from that bloke on the OS who heard it of his nans dog?

Oh right :?

c'mon jez

who cares really?

this thread would be about 10 pages long if it was based on credible rumours

can we not just let go the fact some rumours are given more credance than they should be?

It was a joke, but consider myself rebuked. :angry: I would sign the chap tomorrow. MON has obviously been speaking to Big John about him and hopefully, the fact that BJ (unfortunate initials) is enjoying his football here will persuade him. It would be a serious coup, but I just hope that a deal is close if it is coming, because we may be drawing a bit too much attention to this one.

Has all these rumours about Fred come from that bloke on the OS who heard it of his nans dog?

As the sky blackens over, the four horsemen of the apocalypse will ride over the hill, bringing with them death in every stride and signalling the end of time as we know it.

As the sky blackens over, the four horsemen of the apocalypse will ride over the hill, bringing with them death in every stride and signalling the end of time as we know it.

Is that todays weather forecast Patrick?

It is for Jeremy's part of the world.

normally i would laugh at us being linked with someone like Fred

but the CEO and Storey Moore seem convinced we are going to be signing top class exciting players

Fred definatly fits that bill, but isn't he Lyon's golden boy? why would they let him go for 9 million when they don't need to sell, as there chairman has already said they have a massive transfer kitty.

I'd rather get Barton if Reo Coker's so keen on joining the geordies, that myspace page might be real if his agent has now come out saying he wants to join Newcastle as well

Just can't see the point of youtube videos of players.

The worst player in the world can be made to look good with a compilation video.

true it doesnt give the whole picture

but lets face it...its the quickest way to see what a player has the potential to do....

its not ideal....but its gonna be used on these threads all the time

You should see the youtube of me!!!!! I'm like Ronaldinho, Rooney and Van Nistlerooy all in one........shame its only in the looks department :lol:

The Irish Times, Irelands most reputable broadsheet by a country mile says : O Neills back from holidays today and is anxious to finalise the Reo Coker deal for 8 million once the Parker thing goes through. It says the Bellamy interest has cooled until Benitez lowers the price. If I was a betting man I would say that our first summer signing is going to be Reo Coker for about 8 million. Nailed-on.

It is for Jeremy's part of the world.

Can we keep these obvious comments on other posters out of it. It's so needless. :roll: