Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fred's career record for scoring is a little over 1 goal in every two games for his club sides (52 in 96) although he is not a regular at Lyon. He is 6 foot plus and maybe would rotate with Carew as a target man, is also a regular squad memeber for Brazil National side.

Dont ya just love it when someone says their uncles best mates barber saw ronaldo trying on clothes at primark at the bullring or something. I live for days like that.

Fred seems to be pretty good. Big, strong and fast.

He certainly has a few skills to. I personally feel he holds the ball too long sometimes, which doesn't really work in premiership football, but I'm sure the right people will realise that to, and hopefully do something about that.

Last season was a very consistent one for him, which is a good sign. You know how it its with these Brazilian strikers, a bit erratic sometimes.

One thing concerns me is that the kind of defence he'll be up against in the premiership is a couple of knotches up from the french league.

cheers me dears

whats this Fred like then?

i know he seems to score goals for fun...but what are his attributes?

can he head?, is he strong?,pacy?,does he dive?,has he got skills?,fox in the box?

ive rarely seen him play

Somebody get me inside his head

The boy Fred seemed to come out of nowhere when he signed for Lyon for a big fee, but his goal record in Brazil was amazing and it's continued in France as his ratio is around one goal every two games, from what i've seen of him he has a little bit of everything in locker, great strength, decent pace, very good header of the ball, lovely first touch, of course silky skills and is a fantastic finisher, i think he's one of those players that we could just about nick in and get before the big guns take a chance on him, like a Berbatov or Mccarthy, i think he could have that kind of impact for us, he would be a very exciting signing, he's the same age as Bent, but the difference is he's scored goals in the champions league and for Brazil too.

Vids

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IuRdCYL0vD8&mode=related&search=

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hc_YJ-MUhig&mode=related&search=

yeh you would think the top clubs would be in for him if he was available.....

but like you say Cyber.....

it may be a situation where other big names are snapped up first.....

leaving other big talents like Berbatov and McCarthy......

its an interesting point actually IMO

Just can't see the point of youtube videos of players.

The worst player in the world can be made to look good with a compilation video.

I want to set someone a challenge to make titus bramble look like a defensive god on you tube. That would be really funny.

He is something special...

Fred goal...

Carew has his size and weight...Fred would be a wonderful compliment because he seems to be more complete striker. He is very good at heading and has a great shot from outside area. he is quick.

Carew is a fighter and he is quick too...it would be a lovely pair to watch...