Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Aston Villa squad on the 1st of September 2007 will be...

GK

Boruc

Taylor/Henderson

D

Bouma

Cahill

Distin

Laursen

McShane

Mellberg

Young

M

Barry

Berger

Davis

Gardner

Maloney

Petrov

Reo-Coker

Young

Wright-Phillips

F

Agbonlahor

Bent

Carew

Moore

D'you wanna fight about it?

My only critique of this is that surely it should be Olenjik instead of Henderson?

You're correct of course, my apologies.

just seen on bbc tele text.Joey Bartons agent says city will let him go for 5.5m.id take him for that no probs.

I dunno about Barton anymore, i think he has gone too far this time and its a case of whether MON could iron all that shit he brings out of him or not. Not worth the risk imo, plenty of better players available also.

there seems to be a lot of talk about SWP but he was starting to show what he is capable of near the end of the season and i don't think Chelsea will sell him for the sake of it.

just seen on bbc tele text.Joey Bartons agent says city will let him go for 5.5m.id take him for that no probs.

I hope we stay well clear of the horrible little word removed

If we buy Joey Barton you'd have to respect MON's judgment and see it as a good signing. He is clearly a class player that will only get better in time. Look at players like Cantona and Edmundo, pure nutta's but class acts! Even though I'm not comparing these players to Joey Barton ability wise i still think he can do a job for us.

There's a difference between the Craig Bellamy/Dennis Wise bite and the Joey 'Why not quench a lit cigar in some young fella's eye' Barton bite.

Don't like him, don't rate him(that highly), don't want him.

Doubt MON, board or players do either.

If it meant a risk to upsetting the rest of the dressing room then forget about it, this guy has just got too much of a negative name to be assosiated with us, too much bad publicity still surrounding him im afraid despite what he can do on the pitch! Lee hendrie is another one who can't control himself in what he does it seems and look whats happened to him.

I dont want barton anywhere near villa park unless its turning up with his away he has signed for.

There's a difference between the Craig Bellamy/Dennis Wise bite and the Joey 'Why not quench a lit cigar in some young fella's eye' Barton bite.

Don't like him, don't rate him(that highly), don't want him.

Doubt MON, board or players do either.

Absolutely right.

Anyway, there's a good chance he'll be thrown in prison for his latest prank.

Jermaine Defoe anyone ?

Can't see him still at Spurs in August. One season on the bench is one thing, but he's no nearer a start there now, and it's hurting his England chances. He could sit on our bench instead ;)

Jermaine Defoe anyone ?

Can't see him still at Spurs in August. One season on the bench is one thing, but he's no nearer a start there now, and it's hurting his England chances. He could sit on our bench instead ;)

Please god no. Nick is unbearable as it is! :winkold:

I want Huntelaar, Sneijder, SWP and Sidwell as our forward based players (I know Sidwell and Sneijder are midfielders but I like Petrov sitting deeper!) L.Young, Distin, Bridge and Boruc as our defensive signings!! Would see us in Top 6-8 next year!!

I want Huntelaar, Sneijder, SWP and Sidwell as our forward based players (I know Sidwell and Sneijder are midfielders but I like Petrov sitting deeper!) L.Young, Distin, Bridge and Boruc as our defensive signings!! Would see us in Top 6-8 next year!!

if we got them we would be higher that 6 or 8 imo.