Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the idea of having a British side because it guarantees no quarrels and media attention in a bad manor, but the more I think of it we need the foreign impulses and so-called "stars". I guess many people view our team as pretty gray only with a fair bit of exciting talent. The nice thing about that however is that it doesn't take much to correct...

I would love the idea of signing Yaya Toure as a defensive midfielder, he is just about what we need. He is very athletic and annoying to meet for other players, the player who kicks you in the leg 120 times during a match! Only obstacle would be that bloody African cup of nations which is being held this season. You see every top team has this defensive midfielder as a key part to their team. Arsenal have Gilberto, Man Utd have Carrick (even though not a tackler, more of a ball handler),Milan have Gattuso, Chelsea have lots of them, Liverpool have Xabi Alonso in the same role as Carrick, as well as Sissoko and so on and so on. We have McCann and Petrov, none of them really benefit from the other's involvement..... it's going to be an exciting summer! Perhaps Sidwell would do a good job as our new holding midfielder, or even Scott Parker?

lol @ Crespo :lol:

He wont go back to Chelski never mind us :lol:

He said he wants to stay in Italy.

We can defo attract top players, but if its CL footy they want they have to be prepared to wait.

Ribery? No chance.

He wants to play Champions League footie.

LINK

"My priority is to play Champions League football next season and why not with Marseille? I will do my best for l'OM to reach it.

"Then we will see what happens by the end of the season."

I thought that about Carew as well...

or even Scott Parker?

You never know actually. I mean if Fat Sam takes his Grand Slam speak easy to Geordie Land then is there room in the same team for Nolan and Parker. Before anyone gets the wrong end of the stick, I see Nolan joining Sam at Barcodes

Your right

My right what?

Maybe he will, maybe he wont. But in order to get championsleague footie you have to buy players capable of getting you there, else how do we get to the CL level that, apparently, players want. And one of these days we will just have to sign one of those type, I happen to think it will be sooner rather than later.

The right answer.

If a player wants champions league football they wont move to a club who cannot offer it now, not in the future.

I hear Everton can't afford the price tag of Fernandes so he's up for grabs and for me if we can't get Nasri then we must look at him, and i'm not just saying that because he scored that cracker against Manure it's his all round game that impresses me, he's got lovely skills on the ball and can pass it well too and at 21 he'll only get better.

I thought Sidwell was a done deal? Ah well.

Regarding why players would want to join us?

How about brand new state of the art training facilities? One of the greatest managers in the world? How about a great, forward thinking board backed with millions and millions of pounds? How about the fact that we can only go one way righ now - up!

The Aston Villa squad on the 1st of September 2007 will be...

GK

Boruc

Taylor/Henderson

D

Bouma

Cahill

Distin

Laursen

McShane

Mellberg

Young

M

Barry

Berger

Davis

Gardner

Maloney

Petrov

Reo-Coker

Young

Wright-Phillips

F

Agbonlahor

Bent

Carew

Moore

D'you wanna fight about it?

GK

Boruc

Taylor/Henderson

D

Bouma

Cahill

Distin

Laursen

McShane

Mellberg

Young

M

Barry

Berger

Davis

Gardner

Maloney

Petrov

Reo-Coker

Young

Wright-Phillips

F

Agbonlahor

Bent

Carew

Moore

My only critique of this is that surely it should be Olenjik instead of Henderson?

GK

Boruc

Taylor/Henderson

D

Bouma

Cahill

Distin

Laursen

McShane

Mellberg

Young

M

Barry

Berger

Davis

Gardner

Maloney

Petrov

Reo-Coker

Young

Wright-Phillips

F

Agbonlahor

Bent

Carew

Moore

Would be more than happy with any of those addtions, though I do expect the odd player from the continent at some point.

GK

Boruc

Taylor/Henderson

D

Bouma

Cahill

Distin

Laursen

McShane

Mellberg

Young

M

Barry

Berger

Davis

Gardner

Maloney

Petrov

Reo-Coker

Young

Wright-Phillips

F

Agbonlahor

Bent

Carew

Moore

errrr dont wanna fight 8) but think the players we bring in will not contain the usual suspects that are bandied about so much.

I think the only certainty is that we would never sign the player WE think MON is going to sign :) :) :)

Expect a few from the other leagues around Europe, expect the odd gem we didn't believe we were getting and probably

a few ones that we wouldn't want. That is the beauty about this game isn't it?

I think the only certainty is that we would never sign the player WE think MON is going to sign

Petrov, Sutton, Maloney... :winkold:

I'm sure people mentioned them quite a while before they signed.

KOUMAS would be great at VP.

Right Full backs are required, would be happy with mellberg playing there and distin from Man City in the middle though