Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Looks like the Sidwell story is bollocks. Not enough press on it to be fair just pure speculation. Until one party (i.e Reading, Sidwell or the buying club) releases details confirming the transfer I wouldn't read too much into it.

A move to Chelsea wouldn't suprise me though, some people just don't learn! Plus I caught that WAGS thing once or twice and it wouldn't surprise me if his misses wanted the status of being a Chelsea WAG! One thing is for sure though, if he plays for them he will definitely make the England team!

Is Hargreaves leaving Bayern???............ If so, Ballack could go back to Germany after failing to hit it off in the UK - Sidwell would be a better squad option than a "big name" like Ballack............

Just thinking out loud.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about getting Hargreaves???

Regardless of our wealth, I wouldn't think we are in the £20m on 1 player group just yet!

Besides, I'd value Hargreaves at about £15m. Bayern have pushed the price up just to scrimp every penny out of United.

Ribery? No chance.

He wants to play Champions League footie.

LINK

"My priority is to play Champions League football next season and why not with Marseille? I will do my best for l'OM to reach it.

"Then we will see what happens by the end of the season."

Ribery eh? No chance! :winkold:

Would love him at the Villa, im kind of hoping that we might sign one HUGE name this summer and to be honest i don't see why not!

Your right

My right what?

Maybe he will, maybe he wont. But in order to get championsleague footie you have to buy players capable of getting you there, else how do we get to the CL level that, apparently, players want. And one of these days we will just have to sign one of those type, I happen to think it will be sooner rather than later.

who do you think will be leaving.

Hughes

Hendrie

D2

Sutton

Sorenson

Mccann

Samuel

Davis

Ridgewell

Bardsley

and a shock name in the Mellberg envelope.

Your right

My right what?

Maybe he will, maybe he wont. But in order to get championsleague footie you have to buy players capable of getting you there, else how do we get to the CL level that, apparently, players want. And one of these days we will just have to sign one of those type, I happen to think it will be sooner rather than later.

I agree, but if you read that Link to what Ribery has said publicly only in the past coupla days it's clear he's not Villa bound. Simple, we're not in CL yet so cant offer that to him.

Any player who makes CL football an absolute is not for Villa. This is only phase 2 of the development.

Maybe not him, but it really irritates me when the same old tired arguments of "why would he come to us" get wheeled out at the first sign of a top class player being available