Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

by the way not sure if it was posted in 200 pages yet.. but i saw a predicted budget by The Times.

Spending power

How much money will the clubs that could play in next year’s Premiership have available to spend?

£50m plus Chelsea

£40m Manchester United, Aston Villa

£30m Sunderland, Liverpool, West Ham

£20m Arsenal, Newcastle, Manchester City (dependant on takeover)

£10-15m Derby, Tottenham, Everton, Wigan, Birmingham, Sheffield United, Blackburn, Bolton, Middlesbrough, Southampton, West Bromwich Albion, Wolverhampton

£5m Fulham, Portsmouth, Reading

Good to see us not with Fulham and the likes.

Full article.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whatever you might think of him, there is a top midfield player currently available. Opinion is split on whether we should take him, but at the least the option is there now.

Barton on transfer list

Barton 'on transfer list for £5.5million'

Manchester City will sell Joey Barton to anyone prepared to pay £5.5million, according to the troubled midfielder's agent.

Barton is facing the threat of legal action from team-mate Ousmane Dabo following a training-ground bust-up and has been suspended by the club for the remainder of the season.

It is the latest episode in a catalogue of controversy for the 24-year-old and agent Willie McKay insists City are ready to cut their losses.

He said in The Sun: 'What's happened is very unfortunate. I have spoken to City's chief executive, Alistair Mackintosh, and he told me they want the price that is in Joey's contract.

'If City get the £5.5m they will be happy and Joey will be sold.'

Everton agreed to match the asking price in January before Barton decided to stay at City.

Apparantly there is a clause in Owen's contract that allows him to leave for £9m.

The Barcodes can't be that stupid.......can they?! :shock: :? :roll:

:winkold:

As for Barton, I'd take him.

Apparantly there is a clause in Owen's contract that allows him to leave for £9m.

The Barcodes can't be that stupid.......can they?!

Or us if we bought an injury prone striker :shock: :? :roll:

Think he's been very unlucky to be fair.

Owen would guarantee us goals a striker hasn't offered us since the days of Atkinson and Saunders.

If we can keep him fit ;-)

by the way not sure if it was posted in 200 pages yet.. but i saw a predicted budget by The Times.

Spending power

How much money will the clubs that could play in next year’s Premiership have available to spend?

£50m plus Chelsea

£40m Manchester United, Aston Villa

£30m Sunderland, Liverpool, West Ham

£20m Arsenal, Newcastle, Manchester City (dependant on takeover)

£10-15m Derby, Tottenham, Everton, Wigan, Birmingham, Sheffield United, Blackburn, Bolton, Middlesbrough, Southampton, West Bromwich Albion, Wolverhampton

£5m Fulham, Portsmouth, Reading

Good to see us not with Fulham and the likes.

Full article.

Something tells me that we wouldn't be on that list if things had stayed as they were! Cheers Randy, Kudos to you and now us :)

I think your question answers itself.

If Owen is available at £9m and can be kept fit then that is probably the best transfer that any team could make this summer.

Barton for £5.5m woul be worth a go if MON can keep him in line.

At Right-back I'm really not sure about Luke Young; plus he's a total cockney barrow boy!

Liam Rosenior is far more of a talent in my opinion, and he's been fairly consistent this season - whadaya think?

UTV.

Lets through this name into the pot...

Samuel E'to.

Well for someone who rates himself more than the whole Barca side and basically just ignores his manager we have jsut got rid of one of them in Baros.

He will also want Champs league footy as bangs on about it all the time and as we cannot offer that now....

No chance.

I want Huntelaar, Sneijder, SWP and Sidwell as our forward based players (I know Sidwell and Sneijder are midfielders but I like Petrov sitting deeper!) L.Young, Distin, Bridge and Boruc as our defensive signings!! Would see us in Top 6-8 next year!!
Klaus Jan Huntelaar and Wesley Sneijder are both very good players and would make a big difference to our goal tally over a season.

Liam Rosenior is far more of a talent in my opinion, and he's been fairly consistent this season - whadaya think?

Great suggestion, think he has done well this season. Wouldn´t mind him as our RB, a step in right direction IMO.