Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

It was inside sport or something that was on tv earlier, towards the end it came to discussions with her panal members about the goings on.. etc allerdyce will sign for newcastle next week, and then onto sidwell saying he is on his way to chelsea.. it might not be confirmed yet but maybe give it a few days!

Im still baffeled myself for the fact of all the other midfielders they have for him to join? maybe theres gonna be a twist to something going on at chelsea.. lampards not signed a new contract yet either.. :o

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The BBC's gossip column are reporting a story in the Mirror that the Blues are leading the chase for Boateng...

I know it's probably a load of bollocks with it being the Daily Mirror....but boy, boateng would be absolutely hated by Villa fans if he were to ever make that move!

If AVFC were after him, we would have had him by now, and something would have been confirmed.

Not outside of a transfer window, it wouldn't.

As I understand it, while clubs can - if they both agree - talk about a signing, discuss fees, shake hands and so on, you can't actually change a player's registration until the window opens. Therefore, there's always a chance that one party will change their mind.

When was the last time you saw a transfer between two Premiership clubs being 100% confirmed outside of a transfer window?

The BBC's gossip column are reporting a story in the Mirror that the Blues are leading the chase for Boateng...

I know it's probably a load of bollocks with it being the Daily Mirror....but boy, boateng would be absolutely hated by Villa fans if he were to ever make that move!

I think his move to Boro at the peak of his career after being so obviously tapped up is far more despicable than moving to sha at the death knell of his career.

Been plenty of ex-Villa players move to sha in their time, including some bloke who goes by the name of Dennis Mortimer, don't hate him too do you?

I think his move to Boro at the peak of his career after being so obviously tapped up is far more despicable than moving to sha at the death knell of his career.

Been plenty of ex-Villa players move to sha in their time, including some bloke who goes by the name of Dennis Mortimer, don't hate him too do you?

I don't automatically detest former villains if they end up at Blues. I just think Boateng as really treated us with contempt at times. Not only how he walked out on us, but also how he as performed on the pitch against villa on a few occasions. Who was it he got sent off a few seasons back?(i have a shit memory)...cheating git!

If AVFC were after him, we would have had him by now, and something would have been confirmed.

Not outside of a transfer window, it wouldn't.

As I understand it, while clubs can - if they both agree - talk about a signing, discuss fees, shake hands and so on, you can't actually change a player's registration until the window opens. Therefore, there's always a chance that one party will change their mind.

When was the last time you saw a transfer between two Premiership clubs being 100% confirmed outside of a transfer window?

Jimmy Bullard, Wigan to Fulham last April/May.

I saw the highlights of the Monaco match that Mon was apparently at and i must say if he was watching Nasri then we'll certainly be making a move for him imo, he was absolute class, he set up the first goal with a lovely pass and was pulling the strings in the middle of the park, he also hit the post with a brilliant shot, Yaya Toure also impressed too and set up the Monaco goal with a nice pass. both players would be very good signings for our midfield especially Nasri.

Milner now rat boy has gone?

I doubt it was Ratboy keeping Milner at Barcodes. About as much charisma as, well, a rat.

You sure? You could imagine the first training session of the day..."allo rat fans, yeeehhhhhh"

roland1.JPG

Milner now rat boy has gone?

I doubt it was Ratboy keeping Milner at Barcodes. About as much charisma as, well, a rat.

You sure? You could imagine the first training session of the day..."allo rat fans, yeeehhhhhh"

roland1.JPG

hilarious. thankyou for brightening up my very shit start to a day at work.

So it happened once last season. That's hardly enough of a precedent to assume that we'd be able to pull off the same thing, is it?

So it happened once last season. That's hardly enough of a precedent to assume that we'd be able to pull off the same thing, is it?

Not saying it'd be confirmed but the deal would have been done.

Though I did say 'confirmed', I didn't mean it in that sense.

tbh i dont want to see Milner back with us i really dont think he's good enough,his crossing and pace is not as good as young or Maloney for that matter and i can see these as our wingers next season let the Barcodes have him i say.

Borac was at VP as he is very good friends with Petrov and was invited to meet him after the game and catch up.

Woodgate and Bellamy linked to Villa.

*wishes he could say something, but can't*

Just scrolling back and saw this.

Come on John, tell us something ;-)

As the Moderator of this website, and a friend of the General's, this seems a reliable source.

He's clearly excited, makes me :D

Woodgates signed to Boro for a start.....

Don't think he was making reference to Woodgate or Bellamy to be honest. Just telling us of the speculation at the time.

Borac was at VP as he is very good friends with Petrov and was invited to meet him after the game and catch up.

Woodgate and Bellamy linked to Villa.

*wishes he could say something, but can't*

Just scrolling back and saw this.

Come on John, tell us something ;-)

As the Moderator of this website, and a friend of the General's, this seems a reliable source.

He's clearly excited, makes me :D

We had made an approach for Woodgate........................... days later Boro announce to Sky and anybody else wishing to listen, "We've signed him, he ain't going anywhere!"

Looks like the Sidwell story is bollocks. Not enough press on it to be fair just pure speculation. Until one party (i.e Reading, Sidwell or the buying club) releases details confirming the transfer I wouldn't read too much into it.

A move to Chelski wouldn't suprise me though, some people just don't learn! Plus I caught that WAGS thing once or twice and it wouldn't surprise me if his misses wanted the status of being a Chelski WAG! One thing is for sure though, if he plays for them he will definitely make the England team!