Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curtis Davies is one of the most over-rated footballers in this country, if the Baggies go up it wont be because of him but because of the likes of Kamara. For much of the season they struggled away from home and they have hardly been tight at the back.

I heard 3.5m they were thinking. What a deal that would be! Sell Sell Sell!

I've not seen that reported anywhere, but if so then snap their hands off.

It was in the News of the World on Sunday......................... just a one line "story" in the transfer rumours bit.

So it's bollocks then, much to some peoples disappointment... :roll:

Koumas, Gera, Kamara, Davies...

All 4 are quality and would be very good (and with the exception of Davies) and probably cheap signings...

Surely after signing quality like Young and Carew we surely looking quality above the four you mentioned

The Kamara link doesn't impress me...We've just brought in Maloney, Bardsley, and Young, all still very young and along with Petrov and Carew, they all have yet to to prove themselves in the Premiership. With that said, I think we need proven players like Darren Bent, etc.

Exactly Dubbs, the Evening Mail (or Meaning Evil) usually prints stories with no substance whatsoever. Lazy journalism imo.

Koumas, Davies would add some strength to the squad. Gera? two years ago i would have said yes, not so sure anymore (fickle!?!)

Kamara? No ta, never impressed me in Premier League, good championship player but nowt special!

MON watches local team. He must be after someone. OR, he had an evening to spare and fancied taking in a local football game. I believe he's quite keen on the sport in question :?

I went to the Albion game with a friend on tuesday night & to be fair a weakened Albion team played a full strength Boro off the park for 60 minutes with as good a display of attacking football as i've seen from any team this season. The main reasons were the performance of Koumas playing just behind a lone striker & to a slightly lesser extent, Gera on the right. I wouldn't say no to either of them.

MON watches local team. He must be after someone. OR, he had an evening to spare and fancied taking in a local football game. I believe he's quite keen on the sport in question :?

If we're really looking for a conspiracy theory, it could be because (with our packed schedule) it was his only opportunity to see Boro play before our game with them in April.

From The Sun

MARTIN O’NEILL is lining up a £6million bid to offer Diomansy Kamara the chance to join his Aston Villa revolution.

Villa boss O’Neill is ready to splash owner Randy Lerner’s cash again this summer and has made West Brom’s leading scorer his main target.

O’Neill has sent scouts to check on the flying Senegalese international in two of Albion’s recent home games.

But O’Neill has been warned by Albion boss Tony Mowbray that it will take a massive offer to persuade the Championship club to sell.

He said: “We don’t want to sell him. Obviously if another club comes in with a ridiculous offer then that will have to be seriously considered.â€

Middlesbrough, Newcastle and Roma have all been keeping tabs on the ex-Portsmouth star, who joined Albion for £1.6m.

You know it's funny, i remember a young French lad who came to the premiership and was written off as "not good enough", then he joined a championship side and scored 30 odd goals and was the main man in his teams title win, then he came back to the prem and set it on fire and earned a transfer to the team who is top of the league right now, what's his name?, oh yeah that's right it's LUISE SAHA :D,

Kamara imo would be a decent signing, he's improved greatly from his days at Pompy, i remember seeing him put on some brilliant displays in Seria-A before he moved to pompy and he was compared to Henry, even Milan was very interested in him, he had everything in his game but the only thing he didn't do was score loads of goals, but it's different now, his finishing has been superb this season and it's clear he's a class abouv Championship level, his goal at the riverside was just an example that he stills knows where the back of the net is on the premiership stage, he's only 25 and it clear Mon is watching the lad, if he continues like he is then i don't see why we shouldn't go for him, people shouldn't be so quick to judge players, i know we all want world class signings but that's not gonna happen right now, i'm sure the Seville fans thought "Freddy Kanoute? wtf?" but he's gone and scored something like 25 goals for them already.