Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I'd like us to go after someone like Bellamy, Barton and/or Alan Smith. Villa are currently comprised of a bunch of "Nice Guys", there is no menace about the team.

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just seen on Sky where Coppell claims he has 200 million to stregthen the squad....are they taking the piss???Or have the god's really gone crazy???!!! :o :shock: :? :eek: :wow: :bonk:

Don't matter how much is available to them, they couldn't spend £200M even if they had it.

Who'd join them over all the other established names ?

I've just seen on Sky where Coppell claims he has 200 million to stregthen the squad....are they taking the piss???Or have the god's really gone crazy???!!! :o :shock: :? :eek: :wow: :bonk:

And it has also been reported that if they qualify for the UEFA cup next year he will play his reserve team in that competition!

would be very happy with cisse signing, would get him very very cheap and he is a very good player...

I dont see the point in splashing the cash for another striker really, we have Moore, Carew, Young, Gabby , Maloney who can play there, unless its Darren Bent then Cisse will be more than enough for me to complete our striking options...

Leaves us more cash for the rest of the squad. I think Graveson from Celtic along with Boruc would be nice. He hasnt had the best of seasons this year though...

I really want Geremi from Chelsea, and Luke Young for right back..

so thats: Cisse - £3-4 million

Geremi £5-6 million

Boruc - £5-7 million

Graveson - £1-2 million

Luke Young £3-5

Leaves us enough money for Reo Coker aswell for £6-8 million.....

Thats £23-32 million in total and means we wouldnt have to spend much in January or the next summer. We would have a bulging squad and could really go for the top four...

No we wouldn't.

Gravesen has had a big slump this season and probably he is a bit finished at the top level. He didn't exactly blossom at Real Madrid and played very little. I have read at some Celtic forum that they are majorly disappointed with him and few rate him as a player in the first team. I don't know, haven't seen many games of him other than the ones in the Champ League where he has done some big errors every time.

And why Luke Young? What has he ever done to get all of this praise? I have seen many games with Charlton in it and he is ALWAYS average, both in defense and in attack. I would say he was a less solid version of Wilfred Bouma. Sure he is English and has gotten a lot of free publicity due to being drafted into the English setup. Let's face it, he was there because there were no-one else to choose from!

Geremi just isn't good enough as a right back. He would want to play higher up on the pitch I believe, especially since he is leaving Chelsea for a mid-table club such as ourselves. He is creative enough, and probably just playing RB at Chelsea because he just wants to play his part. Did he play RB at Boro? I can't re-call it but I might be mistaking. I want someone who knows how to defend properly and Micah Richards would be perfect. Young, English and solid as hell. I remember him outrun Thierry Henry, tackled him, floored him and stole the ball before advancing up field. This when he was 17 years old! I don't think we have chance to sign him as the big clubs will drool over him. Expect Liverpool to throw their new American millions at him as soon as the window opens.

Djibril Cisse? What will he play? He stinks as a winger because he can't cross for shit, and he reeks as a striker because he simply can't finish. For some reason I think he has 15-17 finishing points in FM. The first thing I always do when I buy a copy is that I open the editor and alter to 4-5. He is terrible through on goal and he just looks moronic with that dyed hair/beard. He can cause some harm for the defense, but there are just numerous players out there who is much better than Djibril I am afraid, let's get one of them instead.

No we wouldn't.

Gravesen has had a big slump this season and probably he is a bit finished at the top level. He didn't exactly blossom at Real Madrid and played very little. I have read at some Celtic forum that they are majorly disappointed with him and few rate him as a player in the first team. I don't know, haven't seen many games of him other than the ones in the Champ League where he has done some big errors every time.

And why Luke Young? What has he ever done to get all of this praise? I have seen many games with Charlton in it and he is ALWAYS average, both in defense and in attack. I would say he was a less solid version of Wilfred Bouma. Sure he is English and has gotten a lot of free publicity due to being drafted into the English setup. Let's face it, he was there because there were no-one else to choose from!

Geremi just isn't good enough as a right back. He would want to play higher up on the pitch I believe, especially since he is leaving Chelsea for a mid-table club such as ourselves. He is creative enough, and probably just playing RB at Chelsea because he just wants to play his part. Did he play RB at Boro? I can't re-call it but I might be mistaking. I want someone who knows how to defend properly and Micah Richards would be perfect. Young, English and solid as hell. I remember him outrun Thierry Henry, tackled him, floored him and stole the ball before advancing up field. This when he was 17 years old! I don't think we have chance to sign him as the big clubs will drool over him. Expect Liverpool to throw their new American millions at him as soon as the window opens.

Djibril Cisse? What will he play? He stinks as a winger because he can't cross for shit, and he reeks as a striker because he simply can't finish. For some reason I think he has 15-17 finishing points in FM. The first thing I always do when I buy a copy is that I open the editor and alter to 4-5. He is terrible through on goal and he just looks moronic with that dyed hair/beard. He can cause some harm for the defense, but there are just numerous players out there who is much better than Djibril I am afraid, let's get one of them instead.

well come on then, instead of ridiculing everyones elses opinions who would you buy for right back? Apart from Micah Richards who will never in a million years be coming to the villa..

I havent been raving about luke young, but he sure looks better than bardsley and is the only cheap, gettable, solid right back out there..

Geremi can also cover right back and isnt getting any games at chelsea. He can also cover CM and RM? Just what we need......no?

Cisse has always looked decent to me exzcept for when liverpool dumped him on the wing. He's a big risk i admit that, but very cheap and has bags of expieriance. You dont get to be one of Frances top strikers for nothing...

Oh and Graveson was a long shot, but I remeber how awesome he looked at Everton before Real Madrid snatched him away. £1-2 mill might be worth a punt...

Djibril Cisse? What will he play? He stinks as a winger because he can't cross for shit, and he reeks as a striker because he simply can't finish

i dont agree i think cisse is a good dangerous player on form. id take him

Djibril Cisse? What will he play? He stinks as a winger because he can't cross for shit, and he reeks as a striker because he simply can't finish

i dont agree i think cisse is a good dangerous player on form. id take him

I agree, i think he's one of those players that when his manager has faith in him and he's settled he can be a very dangerous player, he's got ten goals in France since he returned from injury which isn't bad and at only 25/26 he can still imrove, every now and then there's a player who everyone doubts can cut it and they surprise you, look how Di'canio turned out for West Ham?, no-one wanted to sign Kanu and look at him this season?, the same thing happened with Crouch too!!, for three and a half million i'd get in there quckly, unless we get a proven player like Bent, Ashton, Yakubu or Defoe then he's a very decent option imo.

every now and then there's a player who everyone doubts can cut it and they surprise you, look how Di'canio turned out for West Ham?, no-one wanted to sign Kanu and look at him this season?, the same thing happened with Crouch too!!,

Davies & Diouf at Bolton. Viduka at Boro.

Oh I wasn't ridiculing anyone, I was just commenting on the suggestions given and I think that's fair enough.

On the RB matter I am not sure at all. I don't think Micah Richards will sign at all, and I don't want Luke Young

as I simply think he is average. Nothing more, nothing less and I want us to aim a little higher if possible. We

might have to look abroad on this one, England is no place to look for a right back. I guess MON could be tempted

to look at Justin Hoyte from Arsenal, since he is young, English and a good prospect, as well as being nr. 2 behind

Emmanuel Eboue. I really don't want him, he just cocks up whenever he is on the pitch and reminds me of Samuel

someway.

There must be 100's of right backs in the world, not just the players at Premiership clubs. I'd never heard of Chimbonda until Wigan signed him, now look at him. Hopefully our scouting network can turn up a player like that.

Samuel to Newcastle?

Well he was linked to Notlob when the fat crook was in charge, and now the Toon believe they'll get Allardyce in the summer - it may happen.

If it does, it actually looks prophetic. The "tough tackling" JLloyd Samuel shoring up Newcastle's leaky defence........

......or just another addition to the already growing list of shambolic defenders (O'Brien, Boumsong, Bramble etc).

I've read in a few sites in the last couple of weeks that O'Neill is interested in Sneider and Huntelar from Ajax, I dismissed it as ridiculous at first, but I keep seeing it.............

i haven't saw any of those reports

you got a link?

I've read in a few sites in the last couple of weeks that O'Neill is interested in Sneider and Huntelar from Ajax, I dismissed it as ridiculous at first, but I keep seeing it.............

Yes please!