Nicklas Helenius

bickster

I know this was brought up only a couple of pages back, but he was given the number 9 shirt less than twelve months ago . . . we are an absolute mess as a football club. I say that not just because of the way this signing has worked out - or hasn't - but to be honest it's a pretty damning indicator. 

• Like 3

I wonder where Lambert stands with selling players. Buying is fine, but he could sell a player he doesn't like, then get sacked shortly after a takeover, and a new manager might have liked to have kept that player (Helenius) as part of the squad.

Don't think he'll be sold, suspect he'll be released on a free. Not ITK, but seems like that's a sensible interpretation of "not relying on him for next season", ie. we're gonna get rid no matter what. 

I wish him all the best and will actually keep tabs on him, he may have been cheap but its just more money down the drain, quite literally.

Yeah?

Sorry that it did not work out in Villa for Helenius. When you signed him, it seemed like a good move, PL had a clear plan and judging on the talks at the time, it seemed that he was scouted thoroughly, even given the 9-shirt at arrival. He got more game time in the beginning (pre season), than i expected, and all looked well. I feared that he would not make it at Premier League level, but early it looked like he was already adjusting. Then followed a lot of time on the bench and next he was out of the team. What happened.

I have been told that he weighs in at 8 kg more than when you signed him - so he has been training hard to get the muscles i said he was missing, when you signed him. With that in mind and from my point of view decent performances in the chances he got, i can't really find out what happened here.

I think Villa is going to wait a little while to see if there are any clubs willing to pay a little bit for him in transfer, maybe a sell-on-clause. As stated earlier, i hope he will get a chance to play in Holland or Belgium, i think he will be able to fullfill his potential there. Please don't sell him to a danish rival club :)

I would have loved to see him regularily in the Villa shirt, i still think he could have been good for you - but it was not meant to be.

Good luck in the future Villains.

• Like 3

I wonder where Lambert stands with selling players. Buying is fine, but he could sell a player he doesn't like, then get sacked shortly after a takeover, and a new manager might have liked to have kept that player (Helenius) as part of the squad.

Don't think he'll be sold, suspect he'll be released on a free. Not ITK, but seems like that's a sensible interpretation of "not relying on him for next season", ie. we're gonna get rid no matter what.

would be a bad idea if he is released. He is still hot in Denmark and would be suprised if some dutch clubs was'nt still keen on him. FC Copenhagen and brondby in Denmark could easily pay £1m if they want to Edited by 666avfc

I wish him all the best and will actually keep tabs on him, he may have been cheap but its just more money down the drain, quite literally.

Yeah?

Okay, maybe not literally, but you get my point. We may as well have thrown it down the drain.

I know this was brought up only a couple of pages back, but he was given the number 9 shirt less than twelve months ago . . . we are an absolute mess as a football club. I say that not just because of the way this signing has worked out - or hasn't - but to be honest it's a pretty damning indicator. 

Exactly, why give him the number 9 shirt?

He wasn't amazing in his cameos but he did have potential, what I liked is he was a bit different to the forwards Lambert usually signs in that he could drop off the forward line and link up with the midfield. We need players at the club like that rather than another 6ft + immobile forward to hoof the ball at (Kozak/Holt).

I think a loan is the best option here unless he's desperate to leave full time.

Signing him and giving him the number 9 shirt obviously signalled our intention to use him in the squad this year, obviously something has gone on for him never to even be given a chance.

You can only assume something must have gone on. I've given up trying to second guess football. It seems really bizarre from the outside.

So they are recalling Hutton and Bent but not considering Helenius?  :huh:

God knows, as BJ10 said in the other thread, maybe Lambert isn't completely in charge of things right now..

Then who is?

God knows, as BJ10 said in the other thread, maybe Lambert isn't completely in charge of things right now..

Then who is?

I'd say that this quote from the Express is fairly spot in regards to whats being going on.

'Darren Bent and Shay Given have not been regulars for nearly two years and Alan Hutton has never played under Lambert.

But in a meeting with owner Randy Lerner last weekend, he asked for these players to be re-introduced back into the first-team squad.

It is a change of heart by Lerner, who wanted all three out of the club due to their high wages.'

Then who is?

I'd say that this quote from the Express is fairly spot in regards to whats being going on.

'Darren Bent and Shay Given have not been regulars for nearly two years and Alan Hutton has never played under Lambert.

But in a meeting with owner Randy Lerner last weekend, he asked for these players to be re-introduced back into the first-team squad.

It is a change of heart by Lerner, who wanted all three out of the club due to their high wages.'

Lambert has some balls I'll admit. First he took the job knowing the sort of cuts he had to make and now he is being told to reverse those exact changes. We're a joke of a club at times.

Has balls because he duly obliges to whatever shit he's been put through? Is this the same as McLesh having balls because he's left a relegated team to sign for Villa for a hefty payrise? Balls. 

Deadly was an awful owner but I don't recall him dictating which players to be brought in and out of the squad. This is Venky's style ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Â