Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Apparently Villa coaches have been working on the physical side to his game. Lambert liked his touch and skill, but feels he is too weak. I'm sure when Helenius was signed he was told the plan (I remember some interview somewhere where he said he was surprised to even be included on the bench this season) so maybe it's just a case of working on the attributes the coaches feel he's lacking before putting him in the first team. 

When Benteke signed he couldn't shoot, but our coaches worked hard with him on his technique. Maybe this is the same, just the other way around. Helenius has the movement and the skill and the finishing abilities, he just needs the strength to handle defenders.

I remember some interview somewhere where he said he was surprised to even be included on the bench this season, so maybe it's just a case of working on the attributes the coaches feel he's lacking before putting him in the first team. 

Indeed and this has been said over and over yet it's constantly ignored.

Apparently Villa coaches have been working on the physical side to his game. Lambert liked his touch and skill, but feels he is too weak. I'm sure when Helenius was signed he was told the plan (I remember some interview somewhere where he said he was surprised to even be included on the bench this season) so maybe it's just a case of working on the attributes the coaches feel he's lacking before putting him in the first team. 

When Benteke signed he couldn't shoot, but our coaches worked hard with him on his technique. Maybe this is the same, just the other way around. Helenius has the movement and the skill and the finishing abilities, he just needs the strength to handle defenders.

Yeah, but still, that seems a bit too oldschool thinking for my like.

Bowery plays, he a bit stronger perhaps but got f* all ability (except with the wheelchair)

It's not like Helenius got scoliosis or frailty syndrome

Well done for scoring first goal in competitive games today Nicklas

I bet Lambert drops him for Weimann against Arsenal, the kid deserves to start

Agree with this, give him a chance! Edited by sir_gary_cahill

I honestly believe if Helenius had started the game against Sheffield we might of stood a chance in place of Weimann, apparently Benteke missed some real sitters, Helenius apparently has good finishing so who knows.

Hopefully he gets given a chance soon in the league though. Especially with Kozak out...

Well done mate. Got to start at arsenal, form the radio coverage sounds like weimann n Trekkers had a shocker

They did, but it's not that shocking anymore. They've been unacceptably poor for months.

Pin-balled to him in the box, took it well I thought.  

He's something different, if only he was stronger in the tackle/aerial challenge.

I'm wondering if he could play just behind Benteke?

Maybe this combination could work?....

Bacuna Westwood Delph Agbonlahor

Helenius

Benteke

I wouldn't play him against arsenal. He's very technical obviously, but against a side that will have as much of the ball as arsenal weimanns work rate is more important IMO. Use him against the lower sides.

Weimann isn't displaying any workrate anyhow. Have you seen his back-tracking recently?

Â