Nicklas Helenius

bickster

Put your money on him starting or playing good part as sub against liverpool.

Ahead of who? If any of the front 3 are dropped to the bench, Tonev will be first man in line to step in

El-hanadi. We will be more attacking at home this year than we are away from home.

Ahead of who? If any of the front 3 are dropped to the bench, Tonev will be first man in line to step in

El-hanadi. We will be more attacking at home this year than we are away from home.

But not against Liverpool surely ?

But not against Liverpool surely ?

A team that will try and pass us to death, think they're one of the best teams in the league and probably won't start with a defensive minded midfielder, add in the fact we're at home, it's the perfect team to play an "in the hole" type player. Liverpool will come and think they'll be able to win with ease, and will probably think we'll line up like we did against Arsenal and Chelsea and just try absorb pressure, so if we start with Helenius + our 3 strikers we'll go for the win from the off and I'm not sure how well they'll be able to handle it, especially when they have one of the worst defensive full backs in the league in Johnson IMO, effectively leaving them with three "defenders" to deal with us.

Having said that if Lucas plays, it may not seem wise to play Helenius instead of El Ahmadi, but I don't think Lucas will play.

• Like 3

NEVER in a million years.

If this guy plays against Liverpool I'm curious to see what position he'll take up and whether any of our usual front 3 will be rested...

I guess he can play in the hole allowing us to keep Benteke, Gabby and Weimann in place but will that open us defensively up too much in midfield?

Really not sure how he'll be used if I'm honest but excited to find out.

He's such a big target that I'd be tempted to play a 4-4-2 with Gabby and Weimann/Tonev on the wings putting in crosses all day to him and CB...

I couldn't imagine that we play 4-4-2 with Weimann .. As I see him better upfront ..

He's such a big target that I'd be tempted to play a 4-4-2 with Gabby and Weimann/Tonev on the wings putting in crosses all day to him and CB...

My thoughts excactly. Will give us much more flexibility at home playing this sort of formation- not saying it's the way forward but will allow us to be less of a counter side at home with him and benteke both up front. It's another option at least.

Didn't really do a lot as the whole team had really taken foot off... Linked up play a bit. In one move you could see he was looking to spread play but Bennett hadn't overlapped so he had to turn back. Had one shot when put through, which he snatched at and put a fair bit wide

Edited by mikeyp102
  • Like 1

Â