Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

They've been absolutely crap in every game except today.

What's yer thinking?

Had a tough start to the season tbh. They look solid but unspectacular. Bruce is doing a decent job. 

There was always a good chance that they wouldn't be as bad as some were predicting, they have a squad that's been pretty comfortable the last two seasons and on top of that they've spent a lot of money. Have to say whenever I've seen them they haven't looked that much different to how they were under Benitez, under him they were very defensive and that has continued with SB at the helm. I'm sure they will still struggle over the course of the season, as Bruce isn't as good of a manager as Benitez, but because of Bruce having the very good luck of inheriting an half decent side, we shouldn't be surprised to see them getting good results here and there, which might be enough to see them survive.

16 hours ago, useless said:

There was always a good chance that they wouldn't be as bad as some were predicting, they have a squad that's been pretty comfortable the last two seasons and on top of that they've spent a lot of money. Have to say whenever I've seen them they haven't looked that much different to how they were under Benitez, under him they were very defensive and that has continued with SB at the helm. I'm sure they will still struggle over the course of the season, as Bruce isn't as good of a manager as Benitez, but because of Bruce having the very good luck of inheriting an half decent side, we shouldn't be surprised to see them getting good results here and there, which might be enough to see them survive.

Don't think he inherited a decent side at all. They were a very limited side that lost their 2 main goalscorers in Perez and Rondon...perhaps their only decent players. Spent that money on Joelinton who has 1 goal in 11 so far. It's a pretty bad squad. I'd be bricking it if we had their squad.

• Like 1

I think that was the expectation of their problems this season, the players already knew the fans hated Ashley and then they got gifted bruce to throw under the bus too, if they play at 60-70% every week the finger isn't getting pointed at them, basically like us with Garde, too many of our players gave up because they could

but that doesn't seem to be the case

not sure what the atmosphere is like up there, I know attendances are down but not a clue how hostile and toxic it is to play in

9 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Don't think he inherited a decent side at all. They were a very limited side that lost their 2 main goalscorers in Perez and Rondon...perhaps their only decent players. Spent that money on Joelinton who has 1 goal in 11 so far. It's a pretty bad squad. I'd be bricking it if we had their squad.

Obviously it depends what you mean by 'decent', but players like Lascelles, Shelvey and Dubravka seem acceptable for a bottom-half side. 

16 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Obviously it depends what you mean by 'decent', but players like Lascelles, Shelvey and Dubravka seem acceptable for a bottom-half side. 

Rafa left a very strong defensive line and a tactically sound squad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, villalad21 said:

They had 6 points after 11 games last season.

...but don't forget they were something like the 6th best team in the second half of the season once settled and I think (without checking) scored quite a lot of goals too.

Look at Leicester the year before winning the league. They started poorly, but were absolutely flying by the end. Their end of year form is clearly what carried over, not pre-Christmas just because it's the same time of year.

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Players good enough to help you push on from bottom half I guess. They have a lot of adequate players and hardly much quality. DeAndre Yedlin still starting PL games boggles the mind.

On 03/11/2019 at 00:41, villalad21 said:

The Newcastle game is massive for us.

6 pointer. Beat them and i will be 100 % sure we'll stay up.

Funnily enough, Wolves and Newcastle are the most realistic team that I'd like to beat home and away, then end the season above them!

On 04/11/2019 at 08:00, KenjiOgiwara said:

I think it's more likely Bruceball gets them relegated the second season. The first one they are still surfing on Rafas coaching. 

On 04/11/2019 at 09:00, villalad21 said:

Fans and players eventually get's fed up with Bruceball.

Usually happens the 3rd season.

lol :crylaugh: 

Why are people so insistent that they will fail? I don't like to admit it but Bruce is doing a good job there. People were saying eh would fail they be in bottom three but they are grinding results.

They ain't going down this year. 

Â