Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

2 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Tonali confirmed.

I don't really understand why no one else is in for him if he was available, at any price. Is he on massive wages?

They're paying the same as Utd are for Mount.

They're paying almost half what Arsenal are for Rice.

He's comfortably better than both.

Yeah but could be deemed more of a gamble as english league is different animal to PL on paper looks like a freat signing.

But you know waht your getting with rice and mount.  Both veey good signings too

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yeah but could be deemed more of a gamble as english league is different animal to PL on paper looks like a freat signing.

But you know waht your getting with rice and mount.  Both veey good signings too

Rice is not a good signing for £100m IMO. That's insane money.

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

he's also not really a known entity in the PL is he, as much as i think the english players are overhyped they're also safer bets, utd know exactly what they'll get with mount, man city know what they'll get with kovacic, liverpool with macallister etc etc

Fair point with surer things.

Still, as soon as you get over £30m, it's not much of an excuse to say a player can't adjust. If you're not sure they can adjust you don't spend that sort of money.

I think Newcastle are showing a lot of sides up with their transfers to be honest. It's brilliant work from them.

6 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Rice is not a good signing for £100m IMO. That's insane money.

Fair point with surer things.

Still, as soon as you get over £30m, it's not much of an excuse to say a player can't adjust. If you're not sure they can adjust you don't spend that sort of money.

I think Newcastle are showing a lot of sides up with their transfers to be honest. It's brilliant work from them.

Yeah perosnally thibk its too much but im sure other cclubs thought same for grealish. But when i look at arsenals midfield i think rice massively improves that area for them 

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Don't know if it's true yet it is consistently mentioned that they only have £75million to spend?

Guess we'll see...

They do have an extra £75 million to spend at all times.

2 hours ago, chrisvilla4 said:

Amazing really. They've gone from a shambles under Ashley to a very well managed and astutely run club almost overnight.

Yes. Having the financial backing of a nation state will do that for you.   Ashley was a crap owner, but even the best individuals can’t sponsor their own club shirts for five times the value of the previous deal.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, The_Rev said:

Yes. Having the financial backing of a nation state will do that for you.   Ashley was a crap owner, but even the best individuals can’t sponsor their own club shirts for five times the value of the previous deal.  

I read that that was apparently agreed as acceptable for the market rate for that sponsorship somewhere. Which is absurd. Newcastle were relegation candidates barely a year before that sponsorship was announced. Then suddenly they're getting sponsorship from an entity that is clearly related to their ownership for a massive increase in sponsorship income. And that's acceptable.

Absolutely obscene and the more I think about it the more I wonder what the **** point is.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

I read that that was apparently agreed as acceptable for the market rate for that sponsorship somewhere. Which is absurd. Newcastle were relegation candidates barely a year before that sponsorship was announced. Then suddenly they're getting sponsorship from an entity that is clearly related to their ownership for a massive increase in sponsorship income. And that's acceptable.

Absolutely obscene and the more I think about it the more I wonder what the **** point is.

We should do exactly the same and claim whataboutery if the authorities have anything to say. We are two clubs operating in similar terrain here, just do as they do and we should be able to get away with it too surely? Just a Shame they got CL before us, with the extra revenue that will bring.

6 hours ago, Chindie said:

Related Party Sponsorship is allowed under PL rules and to counteract that the Fair Market Value panel was set up to prevent over inflated sponsorship deals. Any related sponsorship of Newcastle will likely have been approved before being announced.

Training Ground and Training Kit are next, another biggie potentially stadium naming rights. The potential for commercial growth is huge and will be exploited to increase turnover.

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Newcastle have a few big money signings under their belt now.

Isak - 60m, Tonali - 55m, Gordon - 40m, Bruno - 40m, Botman 35m.

we need to up our game asap :P

As I've said many times before, Newcastle are no longer our rivals. We cannot compete with the Saudi state as they have infinite money and will find ways to spend it. Just like Man City. And, again, just like Man City, they will get away with it.

For me, they will be fighting for every trophy between themselves from now/next couple of seasons on, until Qatar buy Man United and then it will be the 3 of them.

I can't see us ever finishing above Newcastle again, in the same way we haven't finished above Man United for over 30 years, except this time, its clubs with infinite funds.

We have amazing owners, but we aren't owned by a state and THAT is where we have a huge disadvantage that we will never be able to rectify.

We can only hope to win the odd cup (again, something we haven't done for almost 30 years) and maybe one day get into the Champions League. Even maybe do it a few times if we have a successful period. But we can't possibly compete for titles.

That's just the way it is nowadays.

Newcastle should never have been allowed to be bought by the Saudi State. Its a **** joke.

And with FFP not being fit for purpose, it's made it impossible to compete.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Newcastle have a few big money signings under their belt now.

Isak - 60m, Tonali - 55m, Gordon - 40m, Bruno - 40m, Botman 35m.

we need to up our game asap :P

they've done it a bit differently to us in that they've bought expensive good players in the spine of their team and look to add a few more, I think there's still an argument to be made that we have a better squad overall and that europe will stretch them more than it stretches us, they could do with 2 or 3 decent filler players or the likes of murphy, long, willok, schar, manquillo, dummett, lewis

if a CM gets injured longstaff plays, if a CB gets injured i guess they'd put Burn in there but failing that its dummett - neither of those players get anywhere near our squad

said it last summer and they did...they cant ride this wave of feel good factor forever

Â