Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

20 minutes ago, Genie said:

I can’t tell if you’re trolling with this Newcastle love-in or not anymore :lol:

I’d never heard of Mara so looked him up. According to Fotmob he was the 11th best player in the team that finished rock bottom of the French top flight. 

He scored 6 in 27 last season (0 assists).

Same. As someone who has never watched Bordeaux with the regularity some see to have, I’d never heard of him either, those stats look dire though.
But imagine being jealous about vague targets and tenuous links 🤣

There was an article in the Torygraph the other day basically saying Newcastle are back to the drawing board with their recruitment plans and are having to work through a different list of targets.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The richest club in football borrowing money...

]Newcastle United have used ticket sales and Premier League TV rights to secure borrowing from HSBC bank. A Companies House filing dated July 25 shows the Magpies can receive cash due from the Premier League for the 2022/23 season up front after signing off the rights to the money in return for a credit facility

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-hsbc-loan-explained-24602404.amp

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

48 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Lots of early predictions on twitter suggesting newcastle are a shoe in for top half or even top 7.

Can anyone enlighten me as to why?

Other than momentum and feel good factor carrying over I don't see it either, how much of that climb up the table was down to them being full of beans and the teams around them not giving a shit because their season was over? 

Their fans will claim they've had a really sensible window which in fairness they probably have, they've also done a lot of infrastructure works and announced construction plans so no doubt the feel good is still there, would guess that the media want a new competition and they want it now but everything about them suggests they're in the same slow steady race that we're in rather than a sprint, again same as us they'll probably have an element of fans who only want to look at the destination rather than sit back and enjoy this part of the journey but I think this is a free hit of a season for them 

• Like 1

It’s going to absolutely hilarious if they start the season badly and all the finger pointing starts.

All the greatest players and coaches on the planet all of a sudden become shite.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

It’s going to absolutely hilarious if they start the season badly and all the finger pointing starts.

All the greatest players and coaches on the planet all of a sudden become shite.

They'll have Poch in time for the WC restart if that happens. Or at least try to.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Jimzk5 said:

The richest club in football borrowing money...

]Newcastle United have used ticket sales and Premier League TV rights to secure borrowing from HSBC bank. A Companies House filing dated July 25 shows the Magpies can receive cash due from the Premier League for the 2022/23 season up front after signing off the rights to the money in return for a credit facility

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-hsbc-loan-explained-24602404.amp

Is this not the same as us when we applied for an overdraft? 

4 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Is this not the same as us when we applied for an overdraft? 

Not really I don’t think, we didn’t sell future revenue to raise money. 

You’d only do what they have done if you were short of capital.

19 minutes ago, Genie said:

Haha, I sincerely hope they are short, would be pretty funny

1 hour ago, Genie said:

We are selling future tv rights

48 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

If they’re not in the top ten by the winter/world cup break, Howe will be sacked!  Poch lined up already no doubt. 

This statement exactly applies to us / Gerrard as well. 

18 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Apparently yeah, somebody shared a tweet in the main forum about us doing it

There must be a FFP benefit and everyone is going to do it before the loophole is closed. 

A popular Egyptian social media influencer has been arrested in Saudi Arabia, accused of posting sexually suggestive content.

Tala Safwan, who has five million followers on TikTok and some 800,000 on YouTube, drew ire online amid claims a recent video had lesbian undertones.

In the clip, she's seen chatting to a female Saudi friend, whom she invites over to her house. Her subsequent remarks have been interpreted by some as being sexually suggestive.

That set off a big campaign against her, with a hashtag trending on Twitter that translates as "Tala offends society".

She responded by saying she'd been misunderstood and denying there was any lesbian subtext in her comments - a subject that is still publicly taboo in Saudi Arabia.

She said that the clip had been taken out of context from the full video she recorded, in order to cause a scandal.

As the social media pile-on continued, the police in Riyadh announced that they had arrested a local resident "who appeared in a broadcast talking to another woman with sexual content and suggestiveness that could have a negative impact on public morality".

The police did not name Tala Safwan, but included a clip of the video with her face and that of her friend blurred.

It comes just days after the Saudi media regulator demanded that YouTube remove advertisements that it considers offensive to the country's Muslim values and principles. The regulator threatened to take legal action if nothing was done.

The announcement followed complaints by Saudi parents that their children were being exposed to inappropriate content in ads broadcast on YouTube.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-62289674?xtor=AL-72-[partner]-[bbc.news.twitter]-[headline]-[news]-[bizdev]-[isapi]&at_custom2=twitter&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_campaign=64&at_custom3=%40BBCWorld&at_custom4=E78D97F2-0CFA-11ED-AA75-9BDC4744363C&at_medium=custom7

Great bunch of lads.

• Like 1

Â