Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

Last i heard Lille were pleading with Botman to go to Newcastle because they are only ones to stump up the 40m fee.

Botman hasn't been keen on Newcastle from outset and always wanted to go Milan but if they can't afford him and Newcastle are only ones to meet their asking price he will have to go.

2 hours ago, The_Steve said:

Shameful bootlicking fan base

1057956.jpg?b64lines=IEFORCBJLCBGT1IgT05

Been gradually falling out of love with football for the last few years but the Qatar world cup and the Saudi's being allowed to take over Newcastle has me teetering right on the edge.

Shame I find almost every other sport so **** boring!

• Haha 1

Oh, just seen Romano has said it's happening...he's usually spot on when he commits to a transfer.

Well. **** hell.

Incredible.

£32m :lol:

This guy will be at Newcastle for 10 years. Be very surprised if he isn't much more use to the them than Carlos is to us.

They're making everyone look very silly. Why no one is rivalling them for these players I don't know. Guimaraes and Botman would start every game for City.

Champions League finish within three years. They've got daft money and are spending it well.

Edited by Tomaszk

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Oh, just seen Romano has said it's happening...he's usually spot on when he commits to a transfer.

Well. **** hell.

Incredible.

This guy will be at Newcastle for 10 years. Be very surprised if he isn't much more use to the them than Carlos is to us.

They're making everyone look very silly. Why no one is rivalling them for these players I don't know. Guimaraes and Botman would start every game for City.

Champions League finish within three years. They've got daft money and are spending it well.

Its fine we have Gerrard to attract the players. Its his thing 

To be fair Milan did rival them for Botman, Milan should have signed Botman, he was right there for them and then Milan didn't push it over the line 

We'll probably never find out why Milan didn't sign him we'll just get a load of guff about world class Botman chose Newcastle over them, in reality they were his 2nd choice, he's only going there because Milan didn't sign on the dotted line

8 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Those are good transfers, but let's not go over the top. Unless you are talking about Stoke City.

If Man City wanted them, they would get them. And they don't, because they have better players/bigger targets.

Edited by Mic09
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

Botman.

Cant decide if we should have been all over that or not, ie: is he as good as he is touted, or is he not quite all that?

the fact we didnt go for him, tells me he's gonna be world class.....

they moved on to botman because we just bought their top target. i'm not too concerned personally.

Newcastle are doing solid work but let's not go overboard. Of the 8 players Howe has signed,  I don't think 5 or 6 would get into our starting line up. 

• Like 3

Their transfer policy is still very scattergun and reliant on clubs either not stumping up inflated fees or hoping to just keep throwing money and seeing what sticks. Bruno and Botman are two cases where no other club was prepared to pay the fees offered. It's not a sound long-term strategy.

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Newcastle are doing solid work but let's not go overboard. Of the 8 players Howe has signed,  I don't think 5 or 6 would get into our starting line up. 

January was very different to now. That was survival mode, PL ready, better than what they had.

They still signed Guimaraes who would start for Liverpool. Maybe not City as they play number 10s all over the place.

I don't want to get to the end of the window and look at their business and think, ah, that's miles better than ours. Plenty of time left for both of us.

I still believe it’ll be four or five seasons before they can realistically challenge the top six and then stay there. Also, probably needing to spend 100m on players every season.

It’s almost an impossible task breaking the top six and even if you do a Leicester and manage it, it’s even harder staying in one of those positions over a prolonged period.

These owners may get bored with the wait and move on in time. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

I still believe it’ll be four or five seasons before they can realistically challenge the top six and then stay there. Also, probably needing to spend 100m on players every season.

It’s almost an impossible task breaking the top six and even if you do a Leicester and manage it, it’s even harder staying in one of those positions over a prolonged period.

These owners may get bored with the wait and move on in time. 

I dont think they'll move on because of the nature of the investment fund but agree with the rest, even if you pick out spurs as the runt of the litter they got in just as the door closed, perfect timing, and now with the stadium they'll continue to pull away at a faster rate than the rest of us can catch up

Its not so much the finishing 6th or even 4th it's the £400m a year in turnover that's going to be the bastard to overhaul and by the time us or Newcastle get there what will spurs revenue be? What will man city's be? 

The only way they catch spurs is by getting around FFP with a mate on the front of their shirt but even that won't catch city because their owners will match the values with their own mates

We're in the exact same boat

11 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Well. **** hell.

Incredible.

Christ mate, chill out will ya :lol: 

They haven’t kicked a ball yet.

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

With more oil money coming in, all the dubious sponsorship deals will help each other as they can reference each other to prove its aligned to market rates.

You think we could jump in and take advantage of that or are you saying it'll push them further away?

Newcastle's next big sponsor will be funny. It'll probably be the biggest in the league. A country who Saudi threaten to cut off or something. The UK perhaps!

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Christ mate, chill out will ya :lol: 

They haven’t kicked a ball yet.

You're right. Time left.

I do think Saudi arrival has set off an arms race though. Obviously top two are miles clear, with Chelsea probably third. Arsenal and Spurs are going for it.

Have you ever known Spurs to spend like this? Pipping Arsenal last season could change the next 5 years for them.

Utd will spend eventually but hopefully remain a mess.

The next level down, West Ham, us, Leeds and Newcastle have already signed big.

I want to be the best prepared for it and I have so many doubts over the manager I'm concerned. The tools are there IMO, we just need the right manager and the right guy signing players. Hopefully they're actually already here.

• Like 1

The reality of the league is quite simple: even if a club like Arsenal has a poor season by their standards (e.g. not making Europe), they stand to make 4-5 times the profit we and many other clubs do. All we can do is invest and remain competitive. I do think it will balance out slowly, but the deck is greatly stacked. It's not feasible for any club to just throw money and hope it works out.

• Like 1

Â