Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

8 minutes ago, GingerCollins29 said:

I think they'll get the version we have seen, inconsistent

I think they’ll get a reliable mid table full back that will link up well with ASM. Not going to set them alight but will improve them slightly. Marginal gains. I

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Ciaran Clark got a new 2  1/2 year deal last year. Christ. Is Tom Fox running the show?

I'll defend him... I heard someone talking about the new deals for the likes of gabby and Baker probably Westwood too they reckoned that it was nothing to do with footballing ability or even liking the players, we were inserting relegation clauses, gabby could earn £50k a week in the championship so we gave him a new deal that knocked it down to £40k, that kind of thing 

Maybe Clark last year was the same 

4 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I'll defend him... I heard someone talking about the new deals for the likes of gabby and Baker probably Westwood too they reckoned that it was nothing to do with footballing ability or even liking the players, we were inserting relegation clauses, gabby could earn £50k a week in the championship so we gave him a new deal that knocked it down to £40k, that kind of thing 

Maybe Clark last year was the same 

Gabby was on 65k a week he signed a new deal taking him down to 50k a week. It was seen as good business by some but a large portion new he should never have been given a long deal. Wage cut or not.

26 minutes ago, John said:

Unbelievable that their Saudi owners have paid £40m for one single extra share in their club (which is valued at 50p) as a means of injecting equity to fund new signings (according to The Times today, in Martin Ziegler's Sport Notebook column, which I'm unable to link). This rides roughshod over FFP doesn't it? What's to stop them buying a dozen home shirts at £20m each in the summer?  Given this, clubs like Derby that had owners that bought a ground for a comparatively "reasonable" figure and were pilloried for doing it, can feel their treatment was a little unjust. :rolleyes:  Its a bit like getting away with......

if thats actually true, the club should be investigated & punished accordingly.

Does this kind of thing not apply in the same way as "reasonable cost of stadium", or "reasonable cost of sponsor income" etc etc?

That cant be allowed, or, if it is, at least everyone can start doing it, ie: NSWE buy 1 share of Villa for 500m.......thats madness tho.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, John said:

Unbelievable that their Saudi owners have paid £40m for one single extra share in their club (which is valued at 50p) as a means of injecting equity to fund new signings (according to The Times today, in Martin Ziegler's Sport Notebook column, which I'm unable to link). This rides roughshod over FFP doesn't it? What's to stop them buying a dozen home shirts at £20m each in the summer?  Given this, clubs like Derby that had owners that bought a ground for a comparatively "reasonable" figure and were pilloried for doing it, can feel their treatment was a little unjust. :rolleyes:  Its a bit like getting away with......

**** disgusting.

Is this not the same as a club selling their stadium for over market value or a corner flag for £500M etc?

The Premier League competition board who are supposedly looking at the fair value of sponsorships etc need to come down on them like a ton of bricks if this is as dodgy as it looks. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, John said:

Scum club. Want them to fail so so badly 

And these were allowed to purchase the club after being turned down more then once because everyone knew how this would play out, which corrupt officials took the bribes to let this happen. Whoever they are should be investigated and face criminal charges. It's was all so blatantly obvious what was going on. Scumbags 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, fruitvilla said:

do you have a link please?

found one ...

This is how Newcastle United funded their January signings - NUFC The Mag

Actually the 50 p seems to be an exaggeration!

Reading it again ... there was a similar transaction in November.

Edited by fruitvilla
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, John said:

So we could do that if we wanted..so could any team and just ignore ffp. 

I assume the league just bend over and allow it 

• Like 1

Â