Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

5 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Nick Hammond was responsible for the car wreck of Pardew at Albion. Hilarious stuff. They really have no clue. 

Smells more of they know they have to have someone in the role and the pickings are slim, they were linked with eremenko for ages but he wanted more transfer funds 

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

But sell them Lingard for £30m,£150k a week and they still go down? That's the opposite 

They just want a big number 9.  They will do anything for this.

Benteke,  5 year,  90M,  175k week for Newcastle or similar is what I want them to do.  Proper panic.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Smells more of they know they have to have someone in the role and the pickings are slim, they were linked with eremenko for ages but he wanted more transfer funds 

Probably the realisation of how toxic the ownership is and how precarious their league status is.

25 minutes ago, Villaphan04 said:

if the game today goes ahead, Newcastle will be at 3 more matches played than Burnley & likely on the same number of points unless they miraculously get something from City

ooops I mean one point behind them stil

After today they'll have 10 points from 18 so to get to 40 points they pretty much need 50% win ratio for rest of season.

Of course you can stop up with 34-35 points as we did the other year but shows the scale of the task if they don't win in next 2-3 games.

Everton at home is a total must win for them as we know from experience you have to win some home games v bottom half teams.

I think they're down whoever they sign personally.

Staveley and co must be having massive buyers remorse rn! I know they are long term investors but who knows, when it comes to football which they lack any knowledge of they might be unpredictable. they don't exactly scream the patient capital type, who knows if they will stick around for the long haul if relegated, especially if they don't bounce back at the first time of asking or have a really poor first season like we did

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

After today they'll have 10 points from 18 so to get to 40 points they pretty much need 50% win ratio for rest of season.

Of course you can stop up with 34-35 points as we did the other year but shows the scale of the task if they don't win in next 2-3 games.

Everton at home is a total must win for them as we know from experience you have to win some home games v bottom half teams.

I think they're down whoever they sign personally.

After 18 games they have 10 points which is 3 less than watford

Theyll have 20 games to get 3 points and a better GD than watford

That's all that matters... And they have Watford at home in about 3 weeks I think and Watford have 2 games in hand

7 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

After 18 games they have 10 points which is 3 less than watford

Theyll have 20 games to get 3 points and a better GD than watford

That's all that matters... And they have Watford at home in about 3 weeks I think and Watford have 2 games in hand

I think Watford will be o.k once they get Sarr back (although guess he'll go off to AFCON if that goes ahead).

Watford this season defeated Norwich, us, Everton and they've scored 11 goals in those three so just think there's more goals in them than Newcastle as Josh King has actually looked alright and Emmanuel Dennis looks a good pick up.

They haven't been great under Ranieri but they've had a very hard fixture list when you look at who they've played since he came in so have more winnable fixtures coming up when they play again.

Actually think team Newcastle should target is Leeds, six points off and similar GD and Leeds really don't look like winning many games at present.

How many points did we have at this stage of season in 15/16, 8 or 9 and yet everyone knew we were down even though we actually picked up 8 points in Jan and Feb of that season.

Edit: Newcastle also have to do better than Burnley for rest of season aswell who have games in hand and are at least picking up draws.

Edited by VillaChris

as long as there are more teams down there with similar mountainous tasks to get points they're not dead-cert on relegation just yet. still wouldn't want to be in their position and they're not looking likely to pull off miracles atm.

12 minutes ago, osmark86 said:

as long as there are more teams down there with similar mountainous tasks to get points they're not dead-cert on relegation just yet. still wouldn't want to be in their position and they're not looking likely to pull off miracles atm.

this is the thing. the bottom 4/5 are all equally appalling and it's just a case of being less shite than the others

Â