Chop chop! Lets all gawp at Newcastle (again)

Jimzk5

5 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

What they do have going for them is it looks like another year where an incredibly low number of points will keep you up. People used to take about 40 points but last year 29 would have been enough to stay up. Hard to see if being that bad but it could maybe be 33 or 34.

That's the thing with this not winning the first 15 games, has to be put in to the context of how many points adrift of 17th they are which ultimately is all that matters

They could have had more wins in the first 15 games but still be more points away if 17th were better 

As it is 3 points after 17 games is nothing, even if Watford win their game in hand it's not exactly the great escape 

• Like 1

Goal difference will dictate a lot too - Watford have a 9 goal cushion over Newcastle - so even a win doesn’t lift them automatically - especially if they win their game in hand. That Newcastle defence is diabolical and Howe’s team leak goals. 

I cannot see anyone selling to Newcastpe from the prem apart from maybe Burnley with Tarkowski. No chance .  Man utd will not sell lingard to them.  Anyone with realistic ambitions of european football will not sell to them. Maybe ambamayang but hes a busted flush now. So they will have to recruit from abroad. With big wages and big relegation clauses. 

2 months on and still no proper director of football. I think they thought they could swan in and do a Man City . 

But Ashley has let that club die by a thousand cuts.  No infrastructure   no visible plan. A training ground thats league 1 level . A shit youth system. 

It could be the biggest damp squib of all time. 

Hope they words removed go down. Would serve them right for welcoming the new owners in like they did. 

Hopefully the Premier League teams refuse to deal with them.

• Like 1

It would be hilarious if they got relegated, spend money like water (like we did) and struggled to get back up (like we did) and the owners just get bored and walk away. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I cannot see anyone selling to Newcastpe from the prem apart from maybe Burnley with Tarkowski. No chance .  Man utd will not sell lingard to them.  Anyone with realistic ambitions of european football will not sell to them. Maybe ambamayang but hes a busted flush now. So they will have to recruit from abroad. With big wages and big relegation clauses. 

2 months on and still no proper director of football. I think they thought they could swan in and do a Man City . 

But Ashley has let that club die by a thousand cuts.  No infrastructure   no visible plan. A training ground thats league 1 level . A shit youth system. 

Is this in Burnley’s best interest? Burnley sat in the relegation zone strengthening their rival? 

48 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It would be hilarious if they got relegated, spend money like water (like we did) and struggled to get back up (like we did) and the owners just get bored and walk away. 

I’m very much onboard with the @sidcow vision of Newcastle’s future. I’d like to think they could attract another visionary like Dr T, go the extra mile and build the Bigg Market Theme Park. With a proper Alan Shearer Big Dipper ride and an Ant and Dec all you can drink for a tenner bar. 

Edited by DaveAV1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Why wouldn’t Man Utd sell Lingard to them? Money for a player not playing and out of contract in 6 months, not a team directly a threat to them (anytime soon). If you’re going down the ‘morality’ route, then I don’t think many clubs will refuse to deal with them on principle alone.

• Like 1

Â