Christian Benteke

Kwan

The longer this draws out, the more I'm confident he's gonna stay with Villa...especially if we sign Belhanda or Honda, that will send a strong message to the big man.

I think their is nothing in a transfer deal, Has been no concrete links or even talk from agent like they usually do when transfers come around.

Look at Suarez, Lewandowski, Cavani. all players that want a move and their agents and players have been making comments, nothing really from Benteke except some quotes on international duty about 3 weeks ago

• Like 4

if the villa owner is a miljonair why doesnt he give like 100 milion to paul lambert? it seems he got plenty money.?

Because he gave a previous manager 100m and he pissed it up the wall.

Completely agree. Also, Lambert has already spent upwards of 30mil buying no less than 12 players (not including Guzan or Holman in that sum) so far.

That to one side, I am fairly confident Benteke will be ours for at least one more season, and if we do get Belhanda who knows, maybe longer.

I wonder if he doesn't actually want to sign a year extension on his contract?

Because let's face it, if he doesn't add another year on his contract, there's no point in us giving him a new one. Is it possible he wants a pay-rise without the extension? 

I wonder if he doesn't actually want to sign a year extension on his contract?

Because let's face it, if he doesn't add another year on his contract, there's no point in us giving him a new one. Is it possible he wants a pay-rise without the extension? 

Lets face it, he has 3 and bit years left, so no point in extending that if a gentleman's agreement has been arrived at, where he will be allowed to leave if a CL club comes in for him at the end of next term. If one does not, then he simply allows the contract to wind down which forces us in reducing the fee we are willing to receive, so hes not going to sign an extension.

This is purely about rewarding him for the season he had, which we are happy to do and what his agent feels he can wrangle out of us.

His agent seems to have lost his voice at the moment, so im confident Benteke will stay.

Really hope he's here for another year, watching him play this year at times has been just wonderful, best player and most gifted technically I've seen since Barry. His goal vs Chelsea and skill about 10 minutes before that where he bought a ball down from a long kick, flicked it over their full back and just set it off is drool worthy. Only really can improve his consistency of performance but in 2013 even if he didn't have the best of games he was still scoring goals or creating chances. If he picks up where he left off last season, I don't see us finishing outside the top 10.

I don't think this story has even begun yet. 5 weeks is an awful long time in a close season and we know most activity happens in the latter half; hell the last week. And transfers of the magnitude that his is likely to be tend only to happen after one big deal has a domino effect on the rest. I think we'll be in for a nervous final week in August when clubs have money burning a hole in their pocket. I don't know whether he'll stay or go but I think I'd be safe in saying we're going to have our resolve and his resolve tested over the coming weeks and this one will likely run and run.

Man City selling Tevez apparently. Also trying to sell Dzeko, also sold Balotelli. Confirmed they are no longer in for Cavani.

They'll need strikers, and we have a bloody good one :(

Edited by PieFacE

Man City selling Tevez apparently. Also trying to sell Dzeko, also sold Balotelli. Confirmed they are no longer in for Cavani.

Benteke is ours! i hope that villa boss rejects all offers under €45million.

• Like 1

40 million plus Barry ;)

40 million plus Aguero  ;)

Fixed.

• Like 1

Pellegrini willing to give Dzeko a chance.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2347663/Manchester-City-boss-Manuel-Pellegrini-ready-Edin-Dzeko-second-chance-failing-land-Isco-Edinson-Cavani.html

No fecking way are city mugging us off again. No cash plus player deals. If they want benteke its £50million + the return of money wasted by us on there cast offs' so 50 + 20million from dunne ireland and given. £70million or they can suck my knob.

50 mil plus Ireland off our hands.

Â