Christian Benteke

Kwan

He may want to keep his options open, but i can not see anyone meeting our valuation on him yet. If he performs to the same standard next season then i could see clubs coming in with the big money in Janurary, but not before.

Which suits both parties. Cant believe he wants all the unsettlement a move will bring, just before a World Cup and the better options that will give him. If thats what his agent is pushing, then Beneke really is the thickest footballer to wear a Villa shirt.

Luckily i dont think he is.

But didn't he come out & state in the press at seasons end that he was sure it wouldn't affect his World cup chances if he moved or wasn't playing for whatever reason?

Misquoted of course!

Then the club should tell him that we can wreck his options if he starts spitting out his dummy. Im sure the thought of losing out on the World cup and looking like a greedy, ungrateful brat to "bigger" clubs will ply on his mind. He signed his name to the present contract, and he honours it or plays for the kids. Simple has.

Look at it another way, we offer a player a contract say, Helenius, a player looking to make a name for himself and sees the Villa as a stepping stone,does he turn that offer down based on the way we treat a player who wants to leave after one year.Is it better to have had Benteke and lost him or not to have had him at all?

• Like 1

Speaking of his holiday, there's a lad on the Villa fans FB group who's had his pic taken with Benteke in the Vegas Bellagio. He says he asked CB if he'd still be a Villa player next season, the response was 'I don't think so'.

Could be nothing (a trolling noser, for example), but I thought it was worth sharing.

I saw that exact photo, and I was just coming on this site to mention it, but you got there first. Benteke is wearing a Scar face t shirt.

Its not certain by anyone that Benteke will go, but if he wants to and the right offer for the club comes in.... decisions have to be made.

The club has set its stall out in regards to their Transfer policy, if he goes, we will have to try and find a new Benteke ( easier said than done, I know ) , but we now have the personnel to do it.

I Really do like this reversal of buy before you sell, as opposed to "sell to Buy".....changes the complexion of things for me.

He may want to keep his options open, but i can not see anyone meeting our valuation on him yet. If he performs to the same standard next season then i could see clubs coming in with the big money in Janurary, but not before.

Which suits both parties. Cant believe he wants all the unsettlement a move will bring, just before a World Cup and the better options that will give him. If thats what his agent is pushing, then Beneke really is the thickest footballer to wear a Villa shirt.

Luckily i dont think he is.

But didn't he come out & state in the press at seasons end that he was sure it wouldn't affect his World cup chances if he moved or wasn't playing for whatever reason?

Misquoted of course!

Then the club should tell him that we can wreck his options if he starts spitting out his dummy. Im sure the thought of losing out on the World cup and looking like a greedy, ungrateful brat to "bigger" clubs will ply on his mind. He signed his name to the present contract, and he honours it or plays for the kids. Simple has.

Look at it another way, we offer a player a contract say, Helenius, a player looking to make a name for himself and sees the Villa as a stepping stone,does he turn that offer down based on the way we treat a player who wants to leave after one year.Is it better to have had Benteke and lost him or not to have had him at all?

Yes.

However, we can throw that in the other direction in that players will be merely using us to better themselves, whilst we stand still. The new Bolton model as opposed to the new Dortmund one :D

Im positive we will have him for another 12 months, the silence from his agent and Weimanns quotes about the team following his extension are a clue, me hopes :ph34r:

I dont think we'll sell him. 

If we did though supposedly Stoke have bid £13m for Wilfried Bony. More than I would expect Lambert to pay for somebody but if we got £30m for Benteke, Bony is a player who he has targeted before and has a similarlish style to Benteke so would slot straight in. I'd be surprised if we did because of the price after his storming season this year. But it'd be something to think about.  And the remaining £17m would fund next summers moves and probably the next two januarys aswell.

I will be thrilled if he stays but if not, whatever. I have full confidence in Agbonlahor, Weimann and Helenius.

I don't.

Take Benteke's goals out of last season and in all probability we'd have been relegated.

Benteke will need to be replaced if the manager is to continue with his system or we keep Bent and play to his strengths.

I'm not so sure if we sell Benteke Lambert will be given the full fee to fund whatever.

He 100% wont be given it in this window. But over the next 3 or 4 windows? I think he would be.

We've already spent £8m (once Helenius is confirmed) this window with a couple more to come in. I think £30m over 3 windows is realistic especially if its been funded by the club rather than injected by Lerner. 

Edited by HalfTimePost
  • Like 1

It would be nice to get the Benteke situation sorted as soon as possible, thereby giving PL as much time to get a replacement as possible. 

I actually like the idea of us signing Wilfried Bony whether Benteke goes or not. Bony can play as the out and out striker, as a second striker and as an attacking midfielder. Much more versatility to his play.

Other than that, I'd be quite pleased if we went for Phillipp Hosinger of FK Vienna. He scored 32 goals in 36 league matches last season, so at least he knows where the net is.

Speaking of his holiday, there's a lad on the Villa fans FB group who's had his pic taken with Benteke in the Vegas Bellagio. He says he asked CB if he'd still be a Villa player next season, the response was 'I don't think so'.

Could be nothing (a trolling noser, for example), but I thought it was worth sharing.

I saw that exact photo, and I was just coming on this site to mention it, but you got there first. Benteke is wearing a Scar face t shirt.

NSFW

Topical...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpWnx6IKEss

I'm bored of this already.

Me too.

This just seems to be the Downing thing all over again - people trying to convince themselves a photo has been Photoshopped etc.

Benteke had a very good second half of the season. I would like him to stay and find out if it was a one off or not with us next year. If it wasn't, then he's too good for us and our ambitions anyway. But if he wants shed loads of cash, and we can get a stupid amount of money for him then use £10m of it to get a half decent striker up front and use the rest to pay off the loans from Lerner so the sale of the club he wants can happen sooner.

Just on spending the money, it might not go quite so far as people think.

Benteke for £30m plus saving his wages for the next three years = £33m for the club.

Tonev at £2.5m plus 4 years at £750k a year is around £5.5m

Okore at £4m plus 4 years at £1m a year is around £8m

Bacuna at £1.5m plus 3 years at £750k a year is around £3.75m

Helenius at £2m plus 4 years at £750k a year is around £5m

Steer at £1m plus 4 years at £750 a year is around £4m

Creswell at £5m plus 4 years at £1m a year is around £8m

That group would more than cover the Benteke money and the first five, who are all pretty much done, would eat into well over £25m worth of it.

I think we might be spending the budget early, just in case we do sell Benteke and get the chance to spend the budget again.

• Like 1

If we refuse to sell him (if no one matches our valuation) CB may as well sign a new contract and earn more money for the season ahead!

I sincerely hope he stays and continues with the Villa revolution. If he opts to go and really pushes it, I hope he leaves to another league. Why should we make one of our rivals stronger?

Count me in the 'this has gone on for too long I don't care anymore' camp. Reminds me of the Barry saga - was upset when the first rumours started circulating but by the time it actually happened I was used to it and just didn't care.

I will be thrilled if he stays but if not, whatever. I have full confidence in Agbonlahor, Weimann and Helenius.

Yep. This is where I'm up to.

Count me in the 'this has gone on for too long I don't care anymore' camp. Reminds me of the Barry saga - was upset when the first rumours started circulating but by the time it actually happened I was used to it and just didn't care.

Yep. This is where I'm up to.

Pretty much.

I'd like us to at least attempt to replace him though.

That`s why this has to be taken care off soon. I don`t want us to have bad time or getting a bad replacement. Bony of course is a good shout, but there are others out there. 

I do wonder when this will be over though, seems like everything about this is going against us, the media, rumors, twitter and even people on vacation(!!!) Come on man, what is the big deal. If ends up moving this window then I hope his career goes down the toilet, sorry but that is just the way I see it. 

• Like 1

Â