Christian Benteke

Kwan

I know we'll get a lot of money for him and I'm actually confident lambert will invest it wisely. Not sure we'll be able to replace what he gave us this year though.

My worry is just how much our reputation as a club seems to continue to drop. 3 relegation battles in a row and now not being able to keep top players for more than a year.

Yes it's hard and yes players have all the power but we seem to just becoming even more of a nothing club.

Well we managed to replace what Bent gave us last year. We just didn't know at the time. We just came 15th in the PL with one of the hottest striking properties in Europe. Anyone who thought he wouldn't be courted by the big boys in the summer needs to wake up. We're not a nothing club. Don't be so dramatic.

He helped this club massively last year and he'll be helping us for years to come either in getting a huge return for us to invest and do the same with as we did with him,  or in staying for a year and then getting a huge return.

One of the best players I have ever seen at VP,  certainly in the top 4 or 5 and for me a true world class talent in an age where that phrase was over used.

Naive to think he will stay here beyond one or two years as ,  frankly,  we are not the kind of club that keeps players of that quality and are unlikely to be some considerable time

Honestly think he'll sign a new deal, but it'll have a clause to move next summer.

He's with the Belgium squad now for internationals so a contract won't be signed for at least a few weeks.

It needs to be decided asap, a full pre-season not knowing if we will be needing a striker or not will take the piss.

I think the interview is a bit suspect but if it is legit then I'm disappointed in his comments.

I know we'll get a lot of money for him and I'm actually confident lambert will invest it wisely. Not sure we'll be able to replace what he gave us this year though.My worry is just how much our reputation as a club seems to continue to drop. 3 relegation battles in a row and now not being able to keep top players for more than a year.Yes it's hard and yes players have all the power but we seem to just becoming even more of a nothing club.

Well we managed to replace what Bent gave us last year. We just didn't know at the time. We just came 15th in the PL with one of the hottest striking properties in Europe. Anyone who thought he wouldn't be courted by the big boys in the summer needs to wake up. We're not a nothing club. Don't be so dramatic.

We're not a nothing club? I think every neutral fan and most of the media would disagree.

I know we'll get a lot of money for him and I'm actually confident lambert will invest it wisely. Not sure we'll be able to replace what he gave us this year though.

My worry is just how much our reputation as a club seems to continue to drop. 3 relegation battles in a row and now not being able to keep top players for more than a year.

Yes it's hard and yes players have all the power but we seem to just becoming even more of a nothing club.

What are you talking about? Benteke leaving wouldn't be an indicator that the reputation of the club has dropped even further. We've always struggled to hold onto our really good players (which is the same with most clubs) so this isn't exactly anything new.

Seems like people just want an excuse to bring out the tired "how far have we fallen" line and have a good moan.

What are you talking about? Benteke leaving wouldn't be an indicator that the reputation of the club has dropped even further. We've always struggled to hold onto our really good players (which is the same with most clubs) so this isn't exactly anything new.

Seems like people just want an excuse to bring out the tired "how far have we fallen" line and have a good moan.

What we should celebrate good players don't want to hang around for more than 12 months?

Losing a good player isn't just the thing. Fighting relegation for 3 years and losing a good player isn't exactly boosting the reputation of the club is it?

Bent wouldn't stay even if we wanted him to, if Benteke goes then I could see Weimann leaving if another club comes in for him.

with Zog possibly leaving as well we could literally have no attack left aside from Gabby.

I think those quotes are boll*cks though and massively disrespectful if true.

Why do people think Lambert and Lerner would splash the resulting cash? A young hungry attack to go with our young hungry defence would seal relegation next season.

Well this is going to be fun. We have 3 months of this shit. I think he will be staying- the club will know they will look small time if they cant keep him for another year. After 2014 it might be difficult, but we have been good to him, and he has been good for us. Mind you if some club wants to pay him £100,000 a week then he will be off as I cant see Villa giving him more than 'only' 60,000.

My one worry is that this might sway Weimann into making a similar decision.

You say that as if it's news! 

That's what you get when you cannot hold onto your best players it is a vicious circle and people who say "If (Young, Downing, Milner, Barry, Yorke etc) want to leave then let them and we'll invest the money"  failed to see that.

This is why people like John above say we are a nothing club and why I have been saying for a while we are a feeder club. And why we cannot hold onto our best players.  

This summer Weimann and Benteke

next summer Lowton and Sylla

who knows after that

What we should celebrate good players don't want to hang around for more than 12 months?

Losing a good player isn't just the thing. Fighting relegation for 3 years and losing a good player isn't exactly boosting the reputation of the club is it?

Who said this should be celebrated? FFS stop putting words into people's mouths.

I don't really see how Benteke leaving changes anything with regards to the reputation of the club? We would've struggled to hold onto him even if we were fighting for Europe so I don't really see what your point is here. If anything the reputation of the club has improved over the past 12 months. Stop being so dramatic.

Bent wouldn't stay even if we wanted him to, if Benteke goes then I could see Weimann leaving if another club comes in for him.

with Zog possibly leaving as well we could literally have no attack left aside from Gabby.

I think those quotes are boll*cks though and massively disrespectful if true.

Why do people think Lambert and Lerner would splash the resulting cash? A young hungry attack to go with our young hungry defence would seal relegation next season.

We had a "young hungry attack" this year too.

Edited by Mantis

Â