Christian Benteke

Kwan

I think bids are inevitable this summer , will boil down to the response of the club, the player and the agent.

I'm not convinced we can hold onto him.

it al depends on villa boss if he accepts bod =/ im convinced that hell stay for another year dw

Villa have said nothing less than £30m will be accepted.

Does that mean bids over £30m will be considered ?

Every player has a price

idk i hope not why do they say £30M? why didnt they say no offers will be accepted? :s

But here at villa park everyone keeps supporting the team from the first minute to the last minute  The best example of this is after our 8-0 defeat against Chelsea, when our fans still applauded and comforting words statements such as "Better luck next time '

:crylaugh: Obviously doesn't read this forum then!

I agree with the poster who referenced Benteke's skill. That shoulder drop goal vs West Brom I never get bored of watching. He really is the dogs bollocks it's hard to find any faults in his game.

This is controversial but I do think we could do with better players than Gabby and Wieman playing up with him though. Countless times they have messed up moves and frustrated Benteke. 

• Like 1

But here at villa park everyone keeps supporting the team from the first minute to the last minute The best example of this is after our 8-0 defeat against Chelsea, when our fans still applauded and comforting words statements such as "Better luck next time '

:crylaugh: Obviously doesn't read this forum then!

I agree with the poster who referenced Benteke's skill. That shoulder drop goal vs West Brom I never get bored of watching. He really is the dogs bollocks it's hard to find any faults in his game.

This is controversial but I do think we could do with better players than Gabby and Wieman playing up with him though. Countless times they have messed up moves and frustrated Benteke.

Not controversial... Think everyone knows gabby has his faults and that Andi is still learning his trade. However, to get 2 better than them would cost money and at the season end (fingers crossed still in prem) we have far more pressing position to buy first

There was one through-ball he played to Gabby I think, early in the second half. From the angle I saw it, I couldn't work out how he'd managed to flick the ball on but it looked fantastic. Was hoping to see it on MOTD but they didn't show it.

Was it like a reverse pass kind of thing? It was a really weird angle but he sort of flicked it back over himself to Gabby, honestly can't believe how much skill he has for such a big guy.

Aye, that's the one. From where we were sat, we were directly in line with it. Still couldn't work out how he did it but I'd love to see it again.

Doubt I ever will though..............unless he does it again ;)

Like that interview. Definitely looks like he'll stick around for another year. Imagine the money we'd get for him if he bangs in 20 odd again next year, and then has a great world cup

Like that interview. Definitely looks like he'll stick around for another year. Imagine the money we'd get for him if he bangs in 20 odd again next year, and then has a great world cup

We will be in Europe and he won't want to leave by then :)

Thanks for the proper translation too Belgian Guy!

• Like 1

great player and great first season - shame about the red card, but with no disrespect meant, he should have had one in the first half, and one the game before for grabbing whoever it was by the throat....

lets hope he learns from this...

and lets hope he goes into the off-season feeling loved by the fans and with a new contract signed up.... would be a great statement of intent for PL to start the off-season with bentekkers, andi weimann, westwood and lowton signed up to new improved long term contracts....

great player and great first season - shame about the red card, but with no disrespect meant, he should have had one in the first half, and one the game before for grabbing whoever it was by the throat....

and lets hope he goes into the off-season feeling loved by the fans and with a new contract signed up.... would be a great statement of intent for PL to start the off-season with bentekkers, andi weimann, westwood and lowton signed up to new improved long term contracts....

Thinks its all down to the player and his agent. If he wants to move then sadley he can - there is very little we can do. Gotta I would find a bid of £30m+ very tempting. If Lambert can pick up the likes of Sylla for just over £1m - what type of a team could he build with some serious dosh behind him.

slightly off topic - I have doubts about Weiman long term, think he has been very poor in our last few games - which makes me wonder if he can sustain that work rate over a season.

We will be in Europe and he won't want to leave by then :)

Thanks for the proper translation too Belgian Guy!

youre welcome always glad to help my fellow villains ;)

Thinks its all down to the player and his agent. If he wants to move then sadley he can - there is very little we can do. Gotta I would find a bid of £30m+ very tempting. If Lambert can pick up the likes of Sylla for just over £1m - what type of a team could he build with some serious dosh behind him.

slightly off topic - I have doubts about Weiman long term, think he has been very poor in our last few games - which makes me wonder if he can sustain that work rate over a season.

in my opinion its al down to the villa board, benteke rather stay for a year his agent confirmed this aswell his intentions are to stay for at least 1 more year but if the villa board accepts an offer well then it isnt up to benteke im afraid.

Edited by Belgian guy

This is what we're worried about BG, in the past we have had some very good players, but our owner Randy Lerner agrees to sell them on quite easily as soon as a team comes in for them.

We're basically hoping that Lerner will this time agree to Lambert's idea of keeping him, which I think may happen otherwise it would surely cause problems between Lerner and Lambert.

The fact Dortmund are apparently in for him now is worrying because they can offer him Champions League, a title challenge and also they're just a few hours away from Benteke's family and friends. If they come in with £30m+ then I think we would accept and to be honest I still think that figure is too small in the current footballing climate.

in my opinion its al down to the villa board, benteke rather stay for a year his agent confirmed this aswell his intentions are to stay for at least 1 more year but if the villa board accepts an offer well then it isnt up to benteke im afraid.

I can't remember the last time we sold a good player who didn't want to leave. Hopefully that means CB is here for another season or more!

Â