Christian Benteke

Kwan

If think if we stay up I am about 60-70% sure he will stay at Villa for a while. He is enjoying his football, he wil get a big fat contract at Villa and he will be first choice at the team going into the 2014 world cup. Obviously if he has a simliar season again then it will be hard to keep him for long at Villa.

• Like 1

There was one through-ball he played to Gabby I think, early in the second half. From the angle I saw it, I couldn't work out how he'd managed to flick the ball on but it looked fantastic. Was hoping to see it on MOTD but they didn't show it.

It happens quite often after a European Championship or World Cup young talent a top transfer can decorate by good performance. "

Looks like young Christian has his future mapped out already. Can't complain really if he stays next season and leaves after the WC.

There was one through-ball he played to Gabby I think, early in the second half. From the angle I saw it, I couldn't work out how he'd managed to flick the ball on but it looked fantastic. Was hoping to see it on MOTD but they didn't show it.

Not surprising. They didn't show any of our attacks apart from the goal.

Not for the first time, I watched motd and wondered if I'd been to a completely different game ;)

Not for the first time, I watched motd and wondered if I'd been to a completely different game ;)

MOTD have been doing this for years

Was it like a reverse pass kind of thing? It was a really weird angle but he sort of flicked it back over himself to Gabby, honestly can't believe how much skill he has for such a big guy.

Belgian Guy could you give us a better translation of that article maybe? I know sometimes the standard internet translations go a bit out of context and can cause confusion

sure i will do my best give me a sec. :)

Thanks for posting that snippet, love to know what he said about Lambert. He seems like a pretty intelligent, clued up lad.

He'll stay here to guarantee a spot in the World Cup squad and then I'll happily wave him off if he has a good World Cup.

MOTD have been doing this for years

Indeed we battered them between half time and when Benteke got sent off, they showed not 1 min of that, I thought that was disgusting even for them.

Belgian Guy could you give us a better translation of that article maybe? I know sometimes the standard internet translations go a bit out of context and can cause confusion

i will first google translate it then rewrite the bits that became wrong translated :)

oke i tryed to translate it as best i could i translated the whole intervieuw:

Christian Benteke plays this year admirably at Aston Villa. Modest as he is, he does keeps his foot on the ground. He thanked Wilmots, Lambert and ... English fans. "They are very different than in Belgium."

Red Devil Christian Benteke had a stunning debut season at Aston Villa. He scored eighteen times and dreams of participating in the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. "A World Cup experience should be great," said Benteke to Menzo. "You get the chance to fight the best in the world and it is also followed worldwide. For young footballers that important moments. It happens quite often after a European Championship or World Cup young talent a top transfer can decorate by good performance. "

Wilmots' opinion about the Belgian national team and the performance of Benteke:

The atmosphere is perfectly for the Red Devils. Benteke gives credit to Marc Wilmots for  the outstanding atmosphere : "You just see that we are an enthusiastic group. If we score a goal, everyone jumps up sitting on the couch. We are such a close group. Marc Wilmots  is an example for all of us and a great motivator that everyone can take.

Benteke  is aware of his untapped potential. "I would not hesitate to train my muscle’s to a higher level but that would be at cost of my speed after all im kinda already blessed with a strong body (laughs) he says: "in mental aspect is it at the moment going extremely well. The confidence I get, ensures that I can play. Liberating The more credit you get, the more you dare on the field. But everywhere I've still some margin progression. The important thing is that I can play much matches and improve my skills and I still enjoy being a football player.

Benteke has greatly enjoying himself in the Premier League. That it is all right with his confidence, has to do with the attitude of the English supporters' fans in England are more positive than those in Belgium. I didn’t feel good in Genk because the supporters sometimes started booing at me. But here at villa park everyone keeps supporting the team from the first minute to the last minute  The best example of this is after our 8-0 defeat against Chelsea, when our fans still applauded and comforting words statements such as "Better luck next time '. In Belgium they have more the idea that everything has to be perfect because we are professional footballers, but we also make mistakes. Nobody is perfect. When paul lambert came to Genk I felt really good about it he made me feel he wanted me in his squad he told me I had much potential and that he believed in me I still remember how the fans welcomed me when I arrived it felt so good.

I think bids are inevitable this summer , will boil down to the response of the club, the player and the agent.

I'm not convinced we can hold onto him.

Â