Christian Benteke

Kwan

He''ll give us one more year. It is a World Cup year next year so he needs to be playing regularly not spending half a season on the bench. He is a focal point here and adored by the fans. We will get offers for him but we won't sell. If he was 25/26 maybe but at 22 he will be happy to give at least one more year.

Not so sure to be honest, a few months ago I thought he should give us one more year, but he has developed a lot since then, looking like a complete centre forward.

I personally think he's ready to make the step up now, I fully expect a bidding war and Benteke to go on some sort of strike (like he did at Genk) this summer.

He only went on strike because Genk fans treated him like crap and he wanted the big move to England. This is a completely different circumstance.

That's the only reason he went on strike, because he wanted a 'big move', and a 'big move' is what he could have this summer.

For those who love to read things into something that is probably not there, Benteke's reaction, during the team's lap of honour this afternoon, did not look like a player waving goodbye to the club. It would appear that he is happy to stay, perhaps subject to a 'too good to refuse' offer in the summer.

He''ll give us one more year. It is a World Cup year next year so he needs to be playing regularly not spending half a season on the bench. He is a focal point here and adored by the fans. We will get offers for him but we won't sell. If he was 25/26 maybe but at 22 he will be happy to give at least one more year.

Not so sure to be honest, a few months ago I thought he should give us one more year, but he has developed a lot since then, looking like a complete centre forward.

I personally think he's ready to make the step up now, I fully expect a bidding war and Benteke to go on some sort of strike (like he did at Genk) this summer.

He only went on strike because Genk fans treated him like crap and he wanted the big move to England. This is a completely different circumstance.

That's the only reason he went on strike, because he wanted a 'big move', and a 'big move' is what he could have this summer.

You completely misquoted me. I said a 'big move to England'. His 'big move' this summer will potentially be to another team in England or a team in an equivalent league abroad. And the bolded bit is complete and utter bollocks.

You've literally taken 1 bit from my post and disregarded everything else  :lol:

There really wasn't anything to your post in the first place so nothing to 'disregard'.

The circumstances aren't that different since the moves he makes are to better himself personally and professionally. If big clubs come in for him for big money he'll probably force the move and I don't at all blame him.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Just hope that's not the last we'll see of him..

One thing that his sending off confirmed was that the Borussia Dortmund sporting director's presence was to watch him. The bloke left early!

Noooo, how you know that?

There really wasn't anything to your post in the first place so nothing to 'disregard'.

The circumstances aren't that different since the moves he makes are to better himself personally and professionally. If big clubs come in for him for big money he'll probably force the move and I don't at all blame him.

Again you're completely disregarding what I've said. but i'll put it in big text so you can understand :)

He went on strike because he wanted the move TO ENGLAND (a way bigger football market than Belgium).

He also didn't treat his old club with much respect BECAUSE the fans were always on his back and he didn't share the relationship he has with us, with them. He has also publicly come out and said how happy he is and that he respects Lambert. Does that sound like somebody who would force a move at a club he's happy at? He wasn't happy at Genk.

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

Is it possible to appeal a sending off after a second yellow?

i2Vsawxy0ttUp.gif

I'm sure its all about intent and there clearly was none, simply came together in the air IF there was any contact and Benteke didn't see him - Terry going down like he got shot though, even though he seems to go down from the collision between his head and the ball the clearing in the woods.

Edited by samjp26

Is it possible to appeal a sending off after a second yellow?

i2Vsawxy0ttUp.gif

I'm sure its all about intent and there clearly was none, simply came together in the air IF there was any contact and Benteke didn't see him - Terry going down like he got shot though, even though he seems to go down from the collision between his head and the ball the clearing in the woods.

As far as I'm aware, it is not possible to appeal a yellow, even if the yellow is a second booking.

There appears to be no intent to harm otherwise it could have been a straight red. As poor as the referee was, mostly because Terry should have been sent off earlier, Benteke gave Mason little choice but to give him a second yellow. Whilst publically supporting Benteke and being wary of keeping his services this summer, I imagine Lambert was very annoyed with our Christian.

I agree that from the ref's perspective it would've looked like a bookable offence, but looking back at it I don't feel it was and Terry clearly milked it. I guess the idiotic reaction he makes will have to make do for laughs.

With dangerous play, intention goes out the window. A boot that high regardless will invite a booking. However, for me, the elbow is not a booking. Are we expecting strikers now to jump without using their arms? He has no idea where the defender is. He's committed his body to the header.

Should have been subbed. When he was booked for the elbow and Ramires took the walk of shame, it was obvious it was going to be that kind of a game. I think alarm bells should have been ringing on the Villa bench straight away.

Needs to chill in those situations. Lets be honest the elbow could have been a red and last week against Norwich he grabbed one of their players around the neck which also could have been a red. 

We all still love him though and hope he is here next season!

Hopefully he will learn from this red and not repeat the mistake next season

What mistake.... receiving a pass isn't worthy of a booking. Bullshit decision by the ref.

Well he did intentionally elbow a player in the face as well...

Just hope that's not the last we'll see of him..

One thing that his sending off confirmed was that the Borussia Dortmund sporting director's presence was to watch him. The bloke left early!

Noooo, how you know that?

I notice things.

Assuming that they are going to bid, i hope that Messrs Lerner and Faulkner realise that the fee should be all of what they get for Gotze, plus some of what they get for Lewandowski

Â