Christian Benteke

Kwan

No i have criticized him for making a school boy error which cost us a point.

After all he is an international player you know.

But you're focusing way too much on this one simple mistake.

He didn't cost us a point. He made a mistake in contributing to one of the Man United goals but without him we wouldn't have even scored our first goal.

If he had held onto the ball rather than trying to make a difficult pass in front of our defence then we would have come away with a point.

So was it Benteke's fault that KEA made a silly challenge to cause the free kick. Was it also Benteke's fault that Stevens let Hernandez have some space in the box. Was it also Benteke's fault that we had previously conceded two goals before the 3rd? No.

But you're focusing way too much on this one simple mistake.

He didn't cost us a point. He made a mistake in contributing to one of the Man United goals but without him we wouldn't have even scored our first goal.

He also contributed to the 2nd as well. He was the person who got the ball in the middle of the field and stretched it out to Westwood. He then went on to do a great little dummy and the ball ended up with Ireland, who passed it to Gabby who slung it in for Weimann.

And if he had actually held onto the ball when he should have we wouldn't have conceded when we did.

Who knows what would have happened? It's not like he lost the ball in front of an open goal.

Honestly, I find this witch hunt against Benteke rather silly.

And put that money towards buying equally good players?

I don't think there's anything pathetic about not being happy with how our top players have been sold and replaced with inferior quality.

I'm hoping that now that most of the deadwood has gone that those days are over...

I'm not saying that players don't make mistakes. Of course they do but Benteke should have enough about him by now to know when to shield and hold the ball up and when to pass when your team's under pressure. FFS I was taught that at trials for school boy internationals and even before that by my P.E teacher but i guess we'll just have to agree to disagree.

after reading your comments on the last few pages i am finding it hard to take your criticisms of Benteke seriously. Are you suggesting that if a coach tells you to shield a ball in certain situations, that you will be able to perfectly perform this task every time it is required of you for the rest of your career. This schoolboy coaching that you had clearly taught you everything you needed to know to be a world-beater, so why are you not playing in the premiership?

Are you seriously trying to have a sensible discussion with somebody who writes off a player after 2 games? And every week is proven more and more wrong and is desperately trying to nitpick on the most minor of details in a frantic hope to regain whatever shred of credibility he once had?

Are you seriously trying to have a sensible discussion with somebody who writes off a player after 2 games? And every week is proven more and more wrong and is desperately trying to nitpick on the most minor of details in a frantic hope to regain whatever shred of credibility he once had?

This!

Just use the block feature. Makes this forum much better reading ;)

Honestly, I find this witch hunt against Benteke rather silly.

So it's now a 'witch hunt' is it.

Thats a strange statement since i have already admitted that i may have been wrong about him as well as commending his overall performance against Man U.

I also find it bizzare that you are apparently not allowed to criticize a player when he makes a mistake and i will ask the question again which wasn't answered. If Bent had made the same mistake (he wouldn't have) would he have been defended as vigorously as Benteke?

So it's now a 'witch hunt' is it.

Thats a strange statement since i have already admitted that i may have been wrong about him as well as commending his overall performance against Man U.

I also find it bizzare that you are apparently not allowed to criticize a player when he makes a mistake and i will ask the question again which wasn't answered. If Bent had made the same mistake (he wouldn't have) would he have been defended as vigorously as Benteke?

Bent wouldn't have dropped deep enough to be there.

If he had have done, there's not a chance he'd have controlled, he doesn't have the ability.

He also wouldn't have hammered Smalling causing the 1st goal, or stepped over it leading to the 2nd.

So glad Benteke is in ahead of him atm.

how do you block then? just clicked on a profile i want to block but i can't see how to do it?

Click on your username in the top right hand corner. Select 'Manage Ignore Prefs' and type the username of the person in to the box.

It works a treat apart from people quoting.

With all due respect unlike you, i don't post to conform or gain credibility. I post my opinion and as hard as it is for you to accept, that includes criticizing our players. I also seem to remember several other posters on here who also thought Benteke was a poor signing. Where are they now? At least i don't hide and have the integrity to admit that i may have been wrong and that is something that you quite so obviously lack.

If he had have done, there's not a chance he'd have controlled, he doesn't have the ability.

Bent doesn't have the ability to control a ball. A 24m player?

The point i was making was that if Bent had been in the same position would he have tried to pass or trap? Secondly since Benteke is now flavour of the month on here and Bent is not as he now seems surplus to requirements would Bent have been defended as vigorously as Benteke? I'd very much doubt that and thats why none of you have been able to answer the question. The fact is that Benteke's mistake cost us a point and whether you like it or not, that is fact.

Bent did make two mistakes against Norwich but no one takes it to the depth you have, if you remember the ball was cleared to Bent he miscontrolled it and fell on his ass, he then started having a chat with Delp when Norwich took a quick corner but hey no-one defends Bent.

Â