Christian Benteke

Kwan

Looks like we have some player on our hands here and he should only get better!! If he keeps this good run of form going, the football manager in me would offer him a 1 year contract extension in the summer with a £20m minimum release fee. Ah **** it, realistically he will be gone in two years if he keeps his form up.

Newcastle have thrown some long contracts to some of their players and I think we need to do the same with Benteke in the summer.

Benteke really excites me as to what else lambert will bring in when provided with good money to spend.

The sale of the browns and our new scout is really making me look forward to January for the first time in a few years.

Newcastle have thrown some long contracts to some of their players and I think we need to do the same with Benteke in the summer.

Benteke really excites me as to what else lambert will bring in when provided with good money to spend.

The sale of the browns and our new scout is really making me look forward to January for the first time in a few years.

LOL has someone hacked your account?

I wouldnt bank it too much. He clearly intends to run a self sufficient club

Player amortizations will go down massively this and next season compared to last seasons (when they were 32 mill), wages are coming down, and next summer Dunne (45k a week), Warnock (40k a week) and Petrov (50k a week) will be off the wage bill. Add the possibility of dealing and wheeling (Bent 70k a week, N'Zogbia 50-60k a week), and the 14 mill per year that every PL club will get from the new tv deal and an uplift of 5 mill a year on shirt sponsor (3 mill) and shirt producer (2 mill uplift compared to Nike), and we are pretty much self sufficient even if we but a couple of Benteke's...

a monster, best part about the goal was Weimann celebrating and Smalling was still down :D

new heskey!!!

Benteke has almost scored half the number of goals in just two months that Heskey scored in three and a half years!

great game - strong form continuing!!! loved him monstering smalling six different ways for the first goal...

as an aside, heskey up to 5 from 6 in the A-league... the big fellas are going well!!!

Unfortunately Heskey's scoring record down under is currently a reflection of the standard of the A-League. Benteke would have had 10 in his first game!!!

Absolutely love Benteke, he's raw and rough round the edges but the real potential to totally dominate games is there. I really would love to see how teams are going to stop him playing? I mean the guy eats defenders as snacks between main courses, 2 or 3 at a time.

Unfortunately Heskey's scoring record down under is currently a reflection of the standard of the A-League. Benteke would have had 10 in his first game!!!

Agreed. The defenders in the A-League can't deal with Heskey's physical presence - they've not ever seen anyone like that in the competition before.

As for Benteke - I like what I am seeing. He'll get better and better as his forward partners and our midfield sort themselves out. Lets hope he stays fit.

not arguing with the quality of the A-league... will hopefully see emily play against the victory in melb next month... was interested to read that del piero is now the best paid athlete in australia among all team ball-sports - amazing stat!

as far benteke, think he's great and hoping he'll keep getting better... the big man we've needed since big john carew got bored...

Â