Christian Benteke

Kwan

Couple of nice finishes tonight from the big man. He gets into some cracking positions and if he'd taken all the chances he has had since signing he'd be in double figures already.

He is for me rightly ahead of Bent in the pecking order currently and I can see why Lambert wants to go with Gabby up top with him as Gabby works his bollocks off and is happy to do more of the dirty work in tracking back/working the channels. They are starting to show signs of forming a decent partnership and I have feeling Lambert will stick with them as a pairing.

• Like 1

Couple of nice finishes tonight from the big man. He gets into some cracking positions and if he'd taken all the chances he has had since signing he'd be in double figures already.

He is for me rightly ahead of Bent in the pecking order currently and I can see why Lambert wants to go with Gabby up top with him as Gabby works his bollocks off and is happy to do more of the dirty work in tracking back/working the channels. They are starting to show signs of forming a decent partnership and I have feeling Lambert will stick with them as a pairing.

yep, exactly this. Bent not playing because he is not right for the team the way lambert wants to play

Even before he scored his goal on Saturday against Norwich I thought he was playing a blinder. After he scored it he got even better... it's such a shame he came off... nothing stuck up front after he did.

Hopefully this is a sign of things to come because although I didn't see the game last night, he was unplayable on Saturday.

Heskey my arse.

When people criticise him they need to realise a few things. He's 21. Hardly the finished article is he! He's come from a league that is totally different to the Premier League. He's come into a struggling team and been pretty much thrown in at the deep end. There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that he'll be a good player for us, then the inevitable will happen!

Wait..

Are you telling me people on VT jumped to conclusions and wrote off a player before giving him a proper chance?

First time for everything I suppose

the irony of you thinking he is going to be great based on a few games is not the same then? A couple of goals against swindon does not make him a world beater. His performances to date for villa and more importantly his key role of finishing has been below par, woeful even at times. No one knows how good he will be despite some claiming like with other things to be in the know. Raw was a word used a lot and that is very apt. Excuse me if i do not put a bet on him winning he world player of the year just yet though as i have put all my betting money on lambert spending millions because thats what my 'source' told me

the irony of you thinking he is going to be great based on a few games is not the same then? A couple of goals against swindon does not make him a world beater. His performances to date for villa and more importantly his key role of finishing has been below par, woeful even at times. No one knows how good he will be despite some claiming like with other things to be in the know. Raw was a word used a lot and that is very apt. Excuse me if i do not put a bet on him winning he world player of the year just yet though as i have put all my betting money on lambert spending millions because thats what my 'source' told me

I can only speak for myself, but it is my knowledge of Belgium football (I follow it due to some Norwegian players being there) is the thing that makes me sure he will be a star.

I know it often takes a half to one whole year for players coming from other European leagues to adapt to the Premiership, but so far i think the young 21 year old has done quite well. Even though I became one of Carew's biggest fans when he was in Rosenborg, I see a player with better potential than Carew when he was young.

• Like 1

I can only speak for myself, but it is my knowledge of Belgium football (I follow it due to some Norwegian players being there) is the thing that makes me sure he will be a star.

I know it often takes a half to one whole year for players coming from other European leagues to adapt to the Premiership, but so far i think the young 21 year old has done quite well. Even though I became one of Carew's biggest fans when he was in Rosenborg, I see a player with better potential than Carew when he was young.

i have work colleagues in Belgium who ave given their views on him and their view is that he is a raw striker - which seems to be the only consistent in all of this. One of the things in his favour certainly is his unpredictability to established premiership defenders. The point with these opinions on vt is that typically people can only comment on what they see, what normally happens though is people will go overboard in praise or condemnation a lot of which is based more on trying to score some sort of points to boost ego's etc and as nothing about the relative merits of a player.

As pb has said lets hope we ave a world beater in the making and we are in a position to refuse bids of 60 million from real madrid because that way we are all winners. Big test for him in the next few games against the supposed better premiership defenders no doubt followed by ott reactions via websites and forums

Â