Christian Benteke

Kwan

32 minutes ago, Zatman said:

in history, not this season

Well obviously. 

It's still a ridiculous record. When the player who has by far the best hatrrick per game record in the premier league took ~70 games to get six hattricks. FIVE players getting three hattricks in THIRTEEN consecutive games belies a pretty poor/silly league.

4 hours ago, YLN said:

Well obviously. 

It's still a ridiculous record. When the player who has by far the best hatrrick per game record in the premier league took ~70 games to get six hattricks. FIVE players getting three hattricks in THIRTEEN consecutive games belies a pretty poor/silly league.

You’re misunderstanding the stat. Benteke is the 5th player to get a hattrick in a 13 game span - not in his first 13 games, or in his final 13 games, just a 13 game span.

FWIW, Haaland took 8 games to get 3 hattricks in our pretty poor/silly league.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Villaphan04 said:

Another hattrick tonight. 

This is what Liverpool and Palace thought they were getting, and what everyone who didn't really watch him thought he played like. "Just give him service, cross the ball" etc. Meanwhile he was the best player at creating goals for himself I have ever seen at Villa, before or since.

• Like 2

On 03/08/2023 at 15:16, Villatillidie95 said:

Mike smalling of man United (Chris smalling) lol

That was hilarious. I seem to recall Smalling really putting some effort into the barge...you know, one of those "take that you swine" moments and then just doubling up as Tekkers carries on like nothing touched him 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, birdman said:

That was hilarious. I seem to recall Smalling really putting some effort into the barge...you know, one of those "take that you swine" moments and then just doubling up as Tekkers carries on like nothing touched him 🤣

That was the moment I knew we had someone special. 

• Like 1

On 15/05/2024 at 08:54, birdman said:

That sight of Smalling crumpled on the deck will leave me for the rest of my life. Honest to God it will.

I can still feel the pain in my own body from that one.

• Haha 1

Love re seeing that. Don't think I've ever been more confident in a player to perform than Big Ben in that season. You just knew every game he'd work something out of nowhere. 

• Like 3

I’m sure someone put a boioioooioiinngggg sound effect on that and I watched it on repeat for about 40 minutes

Â