Christian Benteke

Kwan

The best all-round striker I've ever seen at Villa. Pace, power, skill and technique and no obvious weak points (ironically apart from his achilles heel!) He comes across as a very humble and likeable person as well. His goals have kept us up 3 years in a row, and he will go on to bigger and better things with my blessing- just hopefully not at Liverpool. Good luck Beast!

Apparently it's £16m up front + installments...

what a shit deal
We are mugs tbh

It's pretty standard practice to pay a fee this way. It's usually 50% time of the deal 50% 12 months later. Obviously if clubs reach another type of agreement then that's their business but big transfers (unless the elite) are paid in instalments.

Apparently it's £16m up front + installments...

what a shit deal
We are mugs tbh

Yeah, absolute mugs us.

£40.5M revenue generated for 2 players, one of which was always going to leave and the other who would have left for nothing had we not got him to sign a contract in January

How many players can we buy with 16m? Whether we do installments or not, for instance if we buy Austin and pay 50% up front doesnt leave us much left to get more players in.

Installments is fine but we should of held out for a bigger fee upfront, hes our player and they want him so why not play hardball.

I would quite confidently state the vast majority of significantly valued transfers are spread over instalments. Makes no real difference as far as I'm concerned as we can spend now and offset it against the future income/instalments

Without being any kind of expert I'd imagine this is how most football clubs and indeed most businesses run these days

I'm conflicted. I genuinely wish him well but that would mean wishing Liverpool well by extension.

I hope he scores lots of goals in high-scoring defeats and then gets a move to somewhere like Real Madrid.

I hope he fails miserably. 

My dislike of Liverpool completely outweighs my liking of Benteke.

This

Benteke being a success will probably mean Liverpool being a champions league club again

I'd rather they miss out on champions league football again for the next couple of years and do a Leeds 

I'd want them to pay what they owe us first before this happened obviously

Edited by AshVilla

I couldn't care less what happens to him once he leaves. Just another opposition player. That applies to any player who leaves. I am a Villa fan not a player fan.

Thanks for the goals and the highlights. But we always knew this day would come at some point and the fee is more than we would have got had there been no release clause so no hard feelings 

• Like 4

Healthy profit made on a player that's served us well. That's all I can take from this - hope he has a stinker whenever he plays us but other than that I don't really care much. Bloody Liverpool...

Benteke's agent makes him look like a mug, should've waited for CL club than go to lollerpool, I hope his career goes like Carroll's. Benteke's agent must be rubbing his hands as he (finally) got his "pay day".

Some of Liverpool "fans" calling him the new Heskey.

Sure I remember people on here doing the same when he signed

Wasn't Heskey at Liverpool the highlight of his career though?

im sure getting his juicy contract at Villa was the highlight of his career 

Great player, too good for Liverpool, although I suspect he'll have to adapt a lot to succeed there. He's thrived here when the ball is played into the box early. Our players looked to hit him with long passes quite a lot. I don't think Liverpool do that, or intend to. He's decent on the break, and he holes the ball up well. He's a good player so I'm sure he'll succeed.

Â