Christian Benteke

Kwan

I don't mind keeping him for another season, then accepting around 20m next summer when he only has a year left on his contract. Feel we need to improve a few areas of the team before we can afford to lose him, so getting say 10m less for him might not seem ideal, but we need to get a squad capable of pulling away from the relegation mix first.

I think it's only a matter of time before CB throws his toys out of the pram to force the move, especially when Liverpool are involved. Think this will get done but fee will be in region of 25m and 30M, can't see us sticking it out for the release clause.

As long as Liverpool pay £32.5m I don't mind.

I must say that I do :) I would hate to see him in their shirt.

I like Benteke and I would like to be able to wish him well if he leaves. He will make a stupid career decision if he joins Liverpool and for that I can't wish him well.

If hes there number one target then they should pay the clause

they messed about with Barry and what happened.they lost out

hope he stays but if the clause is triggerd hopefuly its a team out the prem

But then they did the same with Downing, They have this huge arrogance, pisses me right off. Think we should have Soton FC on our header when we ask them for a fee, seem to be paying those guys anything for their players.

I think it's only a matter of time before CB throws his toys out of the pram to force the move, especially when Liverpool are involved. Think this will get done but fee will be in region of 25m and 30M, can't see us sticking it out for the release clause.

The problem there is we would look weak, why would we back down from a release clause we have agreed with CB and his agent because the player throws a strop? It opens the door for more players to follow suit in the future. As stated by others, with the Euros coming up he can ill afford to be sitting on the sidelines and risk missing another major tournament for his country.

if theres truth they have bid just under 22 mill for Bacca then i doubt they would come in for him?

tho the 22 mill bid is a rumour but contact has been made..throw bids round and see who accepts first?

These are ghost bids to frustrate CB into throwing a strop, they will never pay 22m for a 29 year old.

If hes there number one target then they should pay the clause

they messed about with Barry and what happened.they lost out

hope he stays but if the clause is triggerd hopefuly its a team out the prem

But then they did the same with Downing, They have this huge arrogance, pisses me right off. Think we should have Soton FC on our header when we ask them for a fee, seem to be paying those guys anything for their players.

They paid a lot for Downing.

Every club will under bid to begin with. One they see if the selling club are willing to do business, two I'd imagine that it also gets agents attention to see whether the player is interested in the move.

The only difference is that Liverpool seem to do their business through the press unlike other clubs.

The horrible thing from our position is that they know the contract stipulation (If there is one of course) can be activated at any time.

Why would they do that now when they can play around with him and us to knock the price down. If they cant they will just throw a last minute bid in.

Could be an interesting conversation between Randy and any potential purchasers if Benteke is refusing to sign a new contract. Do the club lower their demands or let Benteke run down his contract?? Lerner threatened to let Barry run down his contract when he wanted to go to Liverpool IIRC - he then subsequently sold him the following summer for a reduced fee. I reckon this could resolve itself the same way.

He has 2 years left on his contract, so I doubt it would have any effect on any possible takeover.

The problem there is we would look weak, why would we back down from a release clause we have agreed with CB and his agent because the player throws a strop? It opens the door for more players to follow suit in the future. As stated by others, with the Euros coming up he can ill afford to be sitting on the sidelines and risk missing another major tournament for his country.

I would say that one good thing about Lerner is that he has refused to be pushed around and underpaid in the past.

I am convinced that he will insist on the release clause being met.

Sky News headline: “Liverpool have not made a bid for Christian Benteke”

Jesus, words fail me - in what world is that headline news??

Tomorrow night; 'Stoke City have not bid for Lionel Messi'

• Like 2

I do not care who he plays for. I refuse to get any emotional attachment to any player.

Its not about emotional attachment. Its about one of our best going to the plop.

Im still in complete dispair how they think Sterling, who has done f**** all is worth 50 million, an they think Benteke isn't worth anywhere near his release clause??

• Like 2

I've said before that I wouldn't mind seeing him playing for United. In my head Liverpool don't deserve him. They're not good enough and he would lack ambition by going there. Whereas United are heading back to the top and I'd like to see Benteke being a big part of helping them to do that. It would almost be a pride to see him excel there in a 'he's one of ours' kind of way :) Whereas I would begrudge Liverpool every single f**king goal he scored for them.

I see your point but I would not like to see him play for Manchester United either. It would be a little like it was for me when Yorke went there and was part of a winning team with them. Did I not like that! 

I do not care who he plays for. I refuse to get any emotional attachment to any player.

Its not about emotional attachment. Its about one of our best going to the plop.

Im still in complete dispair how they think Sterling, who has done f**** all is worth 50 million, an they think Benteke isn't worth anywhere near his release clause??

They've got their lil media minions doing all the dirty work for them

• Like 2

Â